Unlimited mutations glitch

Wulf2k

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, whoareyou said:

It's true, my only real interest in the game is breeding for mutations. I mean yeah you can get mutations indefinitely, that's why we breed in the first place (mostly). Consider it still takes years to reach the level cap through breeding on official rates. Changing mutation breeding would be a big slap in the face to those who have been breeding for mutations for years. I personally would go find another game, or work on my fitness before corvid-19 gets me  xDDDDD

tldr; mutation breeding is hard, tribes that do it deserve their powerful creatures.

To be fair, I think most breeders would prefer clear limits as opposed to the current system. I mean, when a specific specie is being pushed too far on officials and  negatively affect the game-play/balancing then they are just nerfed to the ground regardless. Just look back at all the Giga nerfs that were done at the same pace players were progressing their mutations, or the most recent ones being the Velo and Mana that were getting too powerful after a year worth of mutating, etc. The current "no limit" is an illusion. No matter how far you push them they will always be brought back in line through base stats or abilities nerfing. The only difference, is that breeders continue to breed for lines that are as powerful as they would have been if they had reached a limit last year.

My tribe has found a creature with an ability that is very useful that no other tribe has bothered to breed. We've made good progress and got it to a point where its competitive and actually paying for itself in PVP. While no other tribe has this creature to this level, we are making the most before a possible nerf comes in. Honestly there are a lot of dinos that haven't been breed to the extreme that have abilities that I think haven't been explored properly on official PVP servers. So, when one thing gets nerfed the meta will change and something else becomes viable to breed the heck out of.

20 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

To be fair, I think most breeders would prefer clear limits as opposed to the current system. I mean, when a specific specie is being pushed too far on officials and  negatively affect the game-play/balancing then they are just nerfed to the ground regardless. Just look back at all the Giga nerfs that were done at the same pace players were progressing their mutations, or the most recent ones being the Velo and Mana that were getting too powerful after a year worth of mutating, etc. The current "no limit" is an illusion. No matter how far you push them they will always be brought back in line through base stats or abilities nerfing. The only difference, is that breeders continue to breed for lines that are as powerful as they would have been if they had reached a limit last year.

quite frankly...a nerf is a quicker fix than reworking mutation.

so wc is doing good on this part.

and about mutation numbers...

bruh its not broken its just a display error calm down and let wc one day remove the /20 text there and update the data type and we'll be solid

14 hours ago, HiImZech said:

quite frankly...a nerf is a quicker fix than reworking mutation.

so wc is doing good on this part.

and about mutation numbers...

bruh its not broken its just a display error calm down and let wc one day remove the /20 text there and update the data type and we'll be solid

Its quicker indeed and much easier thing to do. Than to figure out totally new way of breeding at this point of game.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, minismolf said:

i have a question to someone that knows a little more about ark than me and idk where to post it so i will post it here.

my rexes had 0 mutations and i breed 2 eggs and they had 63 mutations both of them but the stats as the parents. why is that happening?

¨

you should look a little harder for the threads that discuss this.  It's off topic on this thread.  Get your post count up another way instead of posting questions in the wrong threads.

If they simply made the counters stop at 20/20 | 20/20 and make is so that as long as one side is still under 20 they can still mutate but completely lock down the chance of mutation from either parent after one parent is at max, then I'd say problem mostly fixed.  40 mutations is enough for any stat to be worked up.  We don't really need 255 inherited points on any stat when they can only reach level 450 anyways.

This would encourage players to diversify what they are using.  Plus, it would put more value on those tek animals w/ their higher base stat possibilities,  Since you could start with higher base stats to mutate from.

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 7:57 AM, whoareyou said:

It's true, my only real interest in the game is breeding for mutations. I mean yeah you can get mutations indefinitely, that's why we breed in the first place (mostly). Consider it still takes years to reach the level cap through breeding on official rates. Changing mutation breeding would be a big slap in the face to those who have been breeding for mutations for years. I personally would go find another game, or work on my fitness before corvid-19 gets me  xDDDDD

tldr; mutation breeding is hard, tribes that do it deserve their powerful creatures.

This sort of things ruin the game.

I'm playing on official pvp (smalltribes) and what I like in the game is skill based PVP. Tamed creatures are more or less viable and affordable. It is fun to PVP with other low-grade players because you can develop numerous diverse strategies. The fun runs out quickly when overbred buggy-mutaded creatures are brought by overgrinders.

Munching a 5gen 300melee giga with 1.5k melee giga has nothing to do with skill. Overbred 449lvl creatures are overpowered to the degree where they'd better not exist.

Breeding is not fun because it is not PVP. And it ruins PVP fun for those who don't invest years of time in this game. Bump removing mutations! at least from pvp servers.

I have not much clue about breeding, all I know is that you can't play while "breeding" because you have to do the sick "Move 5, Click 5" babyfeeding minigame for many hours, weeks, months ...

Of course it's impossible to do that without getting braindead, therefore it is not only allowed from the devs to use macros ... it's a must to use macros if you want to "enjoy" the "endgame".

In this times I want to play videogames for relaxing from crazy reality, but in ARK this would mean to watch my "Move 5, Click 5" macro instead of playing. So I quit ARK the third time.

In fact I would need 2 computers for ARK, one for running the babyfeed-macro, and another one for playing videogames.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:02 AM, Ixtha said:

This sort of things ruin the game.

I'm playing on official pvp (smalltribes) and what I like in the game is skill based PVP. Tamed creatures are more or less viable and affordable. It is fun to PVP with other low-grade players because you can develop numerous diverse strategies. The fun runs out quickly when overbred buggy-mutaded creatures are brought by overgrinders.

Munching a 5gen 300melee giga with 1.5k melee giga has nothing to do with skill. Overbred 449lvl creatures are overpowered to the degree where they'd better not exist.

Breeding is not fun because it is not PVP. And it ruins PVP fun for those who don't invest years of time in this game. Bump removing mutations! at least from pvp servers.

It sounds like you're at a stage of the game where you need to build small, hide and focus on survival while working on your social/political circles. Make some friends who can give you overbred buggy-mutaded creatures. You can't just download the game, go tame a giga and expect a fun time PVPing against the big boys. You are what's known as a beach bob and your only chance to experience end-game PVP is to make friends with an established tribe. 

I should add, it's not just the dinos that established tribes have as an advantage over you. It's literally years of finding and selecting the best blueprints. The weapons and armour that established tribes have is far better than any new player could even dream of having. It's also years of fine tuning farming methods and streamlining production of items such as bullets, element, turrets etc. Ark simply isn't a skills based game, it's a little bit of grinding, strategy, politics and even elements of tower defence. If you want a strictly skills based experience and an even footing with all other players, there's a lot of other games you could choose. If you want to have a fun time rolling with the big boys in Ark, you need to join them or at the very least become a beta tribe and siphon some good gear off whoever the alpha is. 

Glitch? Been in game from beginning. Never been patched . Intended? Who cares . People late to the party shouldn’t complain but have every right to do so . Discussions over complicated. I know one person who capped Rex pve official .This one person who holds down a full time job yet never missed a cool down . Ran multiple servers to achieve . The basics is it’s a numbers game . The more you have the better the odds. Guy breeds for his free time and clearly is passionate about ark . Who are we to take that away from anyone . If ark does . So be it . It’s still here and not going away . So why not change discussion from get rid of glitch . To maybe , helping others understand breeding mechanics . In layman’s terms instead of over complicating. Many who try just cannot sustain . Breeding isn’t for everyone. I myself like to build , raise and tame . Ark is so vanilla it’s why it appeals to so many people for so many different reasons . Party poopers . Peace .

Archived