Switch version is enjoyable but..

Sekov46

There really isnt another game that plays like Ark. Whether you play for PvP, taming and breeding, the convoluted building, or just exploring with friends, you continue to play because you enjoy the tine you spend in it.

Ark on the Switch was a dream come true. And even though I knew from a technical standpoint that the game would have sacrifices made to run even at the breakneck pace of 15-20 FPS, I was planning to purchase it day one, just as I did with Xbox Early access and again at the retail release.

The ability to hop on a local Wi-Fi hotspot while drinking a coffee, or sitting on the john at home and checking up on my raising dinos really became the driving reason to put down the Xbox controller for good when it comes to how I play Ark.

I am very much a supportive fan and a proud limited console player. I want to keep enjoying my time in Ark on the Switch but in order to do that, support for this version needs to come soon. Both bug fixes, and additional content that is available on Xbox/PS4 have to be in the pipeline for this year or I may be forced to give up and return to the couch for my Ark play time.

The game is a labor of love to create and optimize, and it is also equally so to simply play with the limitations of modern video game systems. I know that the Switch version isnt intended for the most invested fan base, obviously that market is the PC players who have access to Mods and frequent updates. But the few of us who do enjoy the mobile Ark experience (and no I dont mean Ark on Mobile, yuck) We need to be reminded of just why we love this raptoring game.

-Update the game to current console patch

-official Wildcard DLC please? (Rag, Prim+ and center are great but not needed)

-Stability

Abstraction Games wants to help. And from what we have read on their Twitter page, they are ready and waiting for your go ahead.

Make Ark great again, Wildcard.

You can do it.

I used to play, love and defend the existence of Ark on the Nintendo Switch. 

After 155 hours of fun, complete silence from Wildcard and the removing of the first servers I knew that it will be senseless to play this version further on.

Lets face it. There is no power on the Hardware to handle more stuff. So there will be no Ragnarok, Center, P+ or any of the highly detailled and full of stuff DLCs for the Switch. The second reason because there wont be anything:

This version is being played by how many players? There is silence on most servers. 

So I already did what all of you should do: I switched to the Xbox One X and i dont give a raptor anymore for the Switch Version.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:30 PM, Eviga said:

Lets face it. There is no power on the Hardware to handle more stuff. So there will be no Ragnarok, Center, P+ or any of the highly detailled and full of stuff DLCs for the Switch

The fact is that Abstraction, responsible for the Switch version, have another opinion about it. The game could have been more close to the PC version, in graphic terms, if they had had more time to develop it. This version was made in only 6 months, and they have not been able to work more on it, nor to apply optimizations that they have made later. It could be better, but it has closed... at least for the moment :(

Archived