Frog V sloth

Crigor92

If you want paste, bring frogs. If you bring sloths, (assuming you have access to cryopods), you will need 2 since there is a divide in the cave that sloths cannot fit through.

I personally run the cave with a high level Thyla and 6 dimorphs. Depending on where the drops are, it takes me anywhere from 3-7 minutes or so.

The thyla I use I also bought, it was the line with like 8k hp and 398 md. Might not be a bad idea to bring the smiths as backup just in case if you are going in with just the thyla.

The reason I bring the dimorphs is because the thylas aoe is kinda crap, and they have a hard time with hitting the swarms of meganeura and titanomyra. I have those pumped up to 700-800 md and they shred the bugs lol

5 hours ago, Crigor92 said:

Hi everyone, me and mine tribe mate can't decide if we're better or taking Frogs or sloths down the swamp cave on the island. 

Has anyone tried it with both? We're hoping to venture down there soon so any advice would be welcome, cheers

Sloths are monstruously powerful in that cave. Huge aoe, big damage. Highly recommend, especially now that you can get them out with cryopods.

1 hour ago, Crigor92 said:

Good to now mate, cheers

What sort of saddle you using down there? 

Are dimorphs, something people sell or is it just a go tame your own sort of thing with them being so small

1 hour ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Sloths are monstruously powerful in that cave. Huge aoe, big damage. Highly recommend, especially now that you can get them out with cryopods.

This. Sloths not only WRECK anything (even with prim saddle) but they also protect you from the biggest danger there.. artho spit. A thyla will let you get hit a lot more. 

Ive done it with all of the above, I bring a frog for the first room then deploy the mega, have the frog follow. You could also keep the mega unridden and whistle it into the rooms to kill artho and collect paste on your frog

Just now, d1nk said:

This. Sloths not only WRECK anything (even with prim saddle) but they also protect you from the biggest danger there.. artho spit. A thyla will let you get hit a lot more. 

Ive done it with all of the above, I bring a frog for the first room then deploy the mega, have the frog follow. You could also keep the mega unridden and whistle it into the rooms to kill artho and collect paste on your frog

Isnt there a risk of getting pinned in a floating animation with the frog as well, unable to attack? I heard it can happen

11 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Isnt there a risk of getting pinned in a floating animation with the frog as well, unable to attack? I heard it can happen

Yes,  like the crab and sarcos on Abb. If you jump while being hoarded by snakes and stuff, it happened to me a few times and I died because of it once. Now I always bring a hyeana with me and whistle it ahead to tank while.im on my frog, then switch to sloth after the first room.

Cryopods made this cave a lot easier. 

Archived