Lighting is too much

cocob1

Dear WC,

I dont know what youve done but after a few patches back the lighting on all maps has been extremely intense. To the point where if you fly in the direction of the sun you cannot see anything, literally, it just becomes a white screen as if you had max heatstroke on an SE map.

Combine this with the overpowered fog effect on the centre literally makes the game unplayable. I find myself flying with my camera facing down just so i can see something.

Not to mention this in a pvp situation, in a pick fight for example, if youre trying to pick someone that has the sun at their back....well goodluck.

And no it not because i have my gamma on high im not a noob. this is a new thing occuring for the last couple months now.

2 hours ago, cocob1 said:

And no it not because i have my gamma on high im not a noob.

Lower your gamma, dont turn it up (not calling you a noob, you are the one that suggested that in your post ;) ). Use the ingame command using the console to adjust gamma. In the day I tend to run standard gamma, and at night I tend to turn it up to gamma4.

Do you have the light bloom setting turned on as I dont tend to have this issue, and I play on Center. 

With your gamma settings correct you shouldnt have this issue, and ensure light rays and blooms are off as these can cause brightness issues too.

On 2/27/2019 at 2:40 PM, Anarki said:

Lower your gamma, dont turn it up (not calling you a noob, you are the one that suggested that in your post ;) ). Use the ingame command using the console to adjust gamma. In the day I tend to run standard gamma, and at night I tend to turn it up to gamma4.

Do you have the light bloom setting turned on as I dont tend to have this issue, and I play on Center. 

With your gamma settings correct you shouldnt have this issue, and ensure light rays and blooms are off as these can cause brightness issues too.

This is not a gamma issue, as i have said, why would i raise by gamma when the light is already too high? (i have 5k hrs on ark) obviously i have tried lowering the gamma. This works to an extent and brings the sun light down a bit while leaving everything else very dark.

This is also not an issue specific to me, many tribemates also experience this issue, again it is only a recent issue where previously it has been fine. Perhaps an issue on ps4.

Archived