Ark is Pay To Win...

Rancor

Want to start off by saying i have the season pass and all the maps for a long time now. However my new tribe mates do not.... Just realized there is no counter to Managarmr's on the Island map at all.

No creature can out pace or battle them. Past 3 days on small tribes extinctions tribes have been using level 300+ Mana's and shreding anything im on in 2-4 seconds. Farming metal with an argy? 2 seconds to death.... didn't even see the enemy the first time it happened. 

Has any  island player found anything at all besides turret towers to protect themselves? I dont want to farm metal on a ptera to fly behind a turret tower any time i see a shadow lol

To fight one you need one.

At this point in the game, starting new is like starting a new country. PvP wise, you're going to get shut down by other nations that don't recognize your sovereignty. Nations would be Alpha and Mega tribes. You're probably better off reaching out to fellow new players and forming a new Nation with the resources to quickly gain traction. Or join an existing one.

In agreement with Sphere here, ally up or work around it.

ARK isnt PtW, far from it as there are no microtransactions that provide you an advantage over others. DLC is completely different as effectively its a new map with new content, what ruined it was the cross server transferring, I wish they would not have gone down that route as that is why you are having the issues you are having.

I hope you find some ally to provide you an equal footing, or possibly trade for one of your own :)

Yes Managarmr are stupid OP. And I don't care what they do to reduce its damage as long as its super long range weapon has that freeze component and as long as its breath weapon can kill the rider before the pet (yes it can I have seen it) then it will be OP. 

For those to say the counter of manas are manas. Well I say that is the very definition of imbalance. I really wish WC would sit down and listen to its community and remove / balance its most toxic of creations in a "MostHatedAnimals" TLC pass.

Including reworks but not limited to:

1. MANAGARMR 

2. Leeds (please remove)

3. TITANS

4. That pelican that steals crap on the beach

5. Zero counter attacks like Jelly fish ect...

6.  [Insert your most hated animals here]

3 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Yes Managarmr are stupid OP. And I don't care what they do to reduce its damage as long as its super long range weapon has that freeze component and as long as its breath weapon can kill the rider before the pet (yes it can I have seen it) then it will be OP. 

For those to say the counter of manas are manas. Well I say that is the very definition of imbalance. I really wish WC would sit down and listen to its community and remove / balance its most toxic of creations in a "MostHatedAnimals" TLC pass.

1. MANAGARMR 

2. Leeds (please remove)

3. TITANS

They also need to fix the meganeuras, ants and the vulture, because they always try to hit the rider and you cant fight back, because your dino cant reach them. Happens with iguanodons, Sarcos and many more creatures.

I agree, ark is more or less pay to win. Not as directly as other games with microtransactions but still. Wildcard wants to sell their dlc‘s so of course they put in some crazy op stuff. It might even be on purpose that things are released in a state that is beyond any form of balance, and that those things are nerfed a bit later on when the big wave of purchases is over, but they wont make stuff as weak as the base game things. Its a shame that some resources and op creatures are locked behind a pay wall.

18 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

1. MANAGARMR 

2. Leeds (please remove)

3. TITANS

6. Wild Troodons! ha ha

But that's the main problem I am finding as well! Having the counter to something being itself. Especially with transfers like @Anarki mentioned. This would be less of an issues if you could find viable counters to each creature on any map. Very unlikely will i be to counter one with a Pteranodon. I am semi-locked into my base as any time I got to get metal I risk losing the farm dinos in 3 seconds flat with nothing to do to evade/counter, besides convincing players/tribe mates to follow me with manas on my route.... which is way more work than it is worth. 

16 minutes ago, d1nk said:

It isnt p2w. You can access Manas without Extinction.

Please dont whip this old dead horse again.. such a dated argument always brought up. It literally isnt in all meaning of the phrase..

That means you have to find a tribe that is willing to sell you tames, saddles, blueprints, respurces. Thats very hard on pvp. And you are always dependant. You wont find a tribe that sells you titans and you cant learn the map specific engrams without the dlc. 

4 hours ago, acat said:

That means you have to find a tribe that is willing to sell you tames, saddles, blueprints, respurces. Thats very hard on pvp. And you are always dependant. You wont find a tribe that sells you titans and you cant learn the map specific engrams without the dlc. 

And? Have to actually work for something?! Weird hey?! o.O 

Still literally isnt p2w. Got anything better?

10 hours ago, acat said:

Unreasonable insinuation

Then call it „pay to get a clear advantage“ if you want...

Who would have thought buying a DLC would give you new content that isnt available o.O 

I might be a bit of a .. dink saying this but its true. Ark isnt p2w in any sense of the word. Saying it is, is stupid. Theres zero micrptransactions, anyone can buy the DLC, heck you can even have everything from every DLC for free without even buying it. How many games do that? Not many. None of the content besides engrams and the map itsself are locked behind any sort of pay method.

Let this thread die. Its pointless and has been discussed dozens of times to no avail.

23 hours ago, acat said:

I assume this is doable via trading forums, as double crossing people is generally a bad idea especially when there is a trader rep system in place.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Who would have thought buying a DLC would give you new content that isnt available o.O 

I might be a bit of a .. dink saying this but its true. Ark isnt p2w in any sense of the word. Saying it is, is stupid. Theres zero micrptransactions, anyone can buy the DLC, heck you can even have everything from every DLC for free without even buying it. How many games do that? Not many. None of the content besides engrams and the map itsself are locked behind any sort of pay method.

Let this thread die. Its pointless and has been discussed dozens of times to no avail.

A game doesnt have to provide microtransactions to be p2w. And what kind of argument is that everybody can buy the dlcs?

Yes, its good that you can use stuff from dlcs you dont own, but its still a fact that you gain a significant advantage if you have bought the dlcs and can learn the engrams/tekgrams and tame and harvest the unique things yourself. If you dont want to understand that we will have to agree to disagree.

19 minutes ago, acat said:

A game doesnt have to provide microtransactions to be p2w. And what kind of argument is that everybody can buy the dlcs?

Yes, its good that you can use stuff from dlcs you dont own, but its still a fact that you gain a significant advantage if you have bought the dlcs and can learn the engrams/tekgrams and tame and harvest the unique things yourself. If you dont want to understand that we will have to agree to disagree.

Thats fine, we can banter a bit and not hate eachother. 

No, I dont agree with you. I get that there is an advantage for buying a DLC, as there should be. Nothing in the p2w scope of things but thats where we will disagree! Have a good day mate :) 

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:43 AM, johnm81 said:

1. MANAGARMR 

2. Leeds (please remove)

3. TITANS

that stuff is easy to counter

Archived