S+ Beta question - what happens to existing S+ structures?

Milsurp

I am guessing the common parts will be fine, but how about special structures like the S+ crafting table? This is really important to know in advance. In that same vein, we will need plenty of advance notice the update is coming, so we can get on ahead of time and avert any breakage.

Also, what will we do about the S+ mod itself? Will it auto-deactivate as part of the update, be pulled at the time of update, etc.? If it's pulled, we need to not log on until the update hits and the server is restarted, or there will again be breakage. 

4 hours ago, Milsurp said:

I am guessing the common parts will be fine, but how about special structures like the S+ crafting table? This is really important to know in advance. In that same vein, we will need plenty of advance notice the update is coming, so we can get on ahead of time and avert any breakage.

Also, what will we do about the S+ mod itself? Will it auto-deactivate as part of the update, be pulled at the time of update, etc.? If it's pulled, we need to not log on until the update hits and the server is restarted, or there will again be breakage. 

There’s a server setting for it. Read the latest S+ beta patch notes.

19 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I did. But that's only one case - turning off the integration and using S+ instead. I'm looking for the full report.

Some questions that come to mind: Can we leave both on? If we turn off S+, will the integration convert our existing S+ structures (which you'd think would be the case)? Just some of them? etc. etc. 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:19 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

Where did you find these patch notes? I read the beta patch notes here: 

I also read the ordinary patch notes here: 

I couldn't find any threads for S+ mod patch notes.

In neither of these places do I find anything about partial integrations etc. Obviously there's another place I'm not looking or I'm not reading carefully enough (though I've re-read them several times). Thankful for your help :) 

10 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

@Milsurp @CCRogerWilco @Zahlea I thought I read it on these forums, but as it’s not there I was clearly mistaken. I’ll try and dig it out - could have even been a comment on Reddit.

Wiki reference for the new server commands- https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#S.2B_public_beta_specific

Doesn't help with my question though. Hopefully there will be a writeup BEFORE the patch is released? fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Milsurp said:

Wiki reference for the new server commands- https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration#S.2B_public_beta_specific

Doesn't help with my question though. Hopefully there will be a writeup BEFORE the patch is released? fingers crossed.

Wasn’t S+ recently updated by the mod creator?

8 hours ago, Milsurp said:

Thank you. That at least answers part of the question. I suppose I'm running AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures=false

for my existing servers.

On 3/1/2019 at 7:03 AM, CCRogerWilco said:

Thank you. That at least answers part of the question. I suppose I'm running AllowIntegratedSPlusStructures=false

for my existing servers.

Im'a do a backup and run the integration with the current S+. It makes sense that they'd both work together, since S+ isn't being pulled. But I can't live with the limitations on standard fridges and other appliances, that's excessive micromanagement for meta-reasons, so I need to keep S+ regardless of the integrations.

But I might disable the S+ structures which duplicate the integrated ones, just to clean up the engram and crafting lists. 

Update: no apparent issues with the integration and S+ together. I am going to put unlimited pickup time on my structures, even though I use the demo gun for everything. 

Archived