Scorched earth or ragnarok

Feniris

Hi, after years of playing the island We have decided that it’s time to try scorched earth or ragnarok? I have been told so many different things about the map being empty of players to maps been over ran, so I thought I’d ask the community! If anyone can recommend a pve map with room to build for me and my tribe it would be greatly appreciate. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Feniris said:

Hi, after years of playing the island We have decided that it’s time to try scorched earth or ragnarok? I have been told so many different things about the map being empty of players to maps been over ran, so I thought I’d ask the community! If anyone can recommend a pve map with room to build for me and my tribe it would be greatly appreciate. 

Scorched Earth is a nice map, and I had a lot of fun playing it when it came out but I will have to recommend Ragnarok as there is no sandstorms.

SE is a good challenge and there are lulls when sandstorms etc are up. Its a steep learning curve and quite a harsh place to start out but after your are well set its the same as any other ARK map. Rag has a whole variety of biomes; snow, desert, jungle and rolling fields.

I would opt for Rag but as others have rightly said, it can be difficult to find a location to build. It would be worth taking a flyer onto a Rag map and looking for a place to start your base and see if you are lucky.

Good luck

Thank you everyone for your advice! I like the thought of the challenges on scorched earth but don’t like the restrictions with the sandstorms (which I didn’t know about until this post) ragnarok sounds amazing but from your posts it sounds overcrowded and dino caps have been hit... I’m still lost! Does anyone know what  wildcard are doing about the overcrowded servers? Are they planning on Releasing any more servers? Thanks again

7 hours ago, MegaZ1 said:

whilst storms are raging you are restricted as to what you can do, and if like a lot of people can only play a few hours a week, Why spend 1/3 rd of that time doing nothing apart from waiting for the storm to clear.

Do the Goggles help with the problem for the sandstorms? Or is it just an item that you use when you get caught out in a sandstorm? 

16 hours ago, Anarki said:

SE is a good challenge and there are lulls when sandstorms etc are up. Its a steep learning curve and quite a harsh place to start out but after your are well set its the same as any other ARK map. Rag has a whole variety of biomes; snow, desert, jungle and rolling fields.

I would opt for Rag but as others have rightly said, it can be difficult to find a location to build. It would be worth taking a flyer onto a Rag map and looking for a place to start your base and see if you are lucky.

Good luck

Is there an easy way to find out if the Dino cap has been hit? 

Scorched Earth any day. The hazards make the map a challenge and change how you play at times. I started on SE back when I first joined ark and having done all the other maps I've now gone back to my roots. 

It's my favourite map by far. 

Ragnarok for me, whilst it's a pretty map and it's large, its just not a challenge. The desert doesn't really get hot or have any weather systems to affect you. The cold is no worse than the island so if you can handle that you can handle Ragnarok. 

If you want a challenge and something different from the Island try SE. If you want more of the same just with a larger area, try Ragnarok. 

The Griffin/Ice Wyverm is the only thing I'd go to ragnarok for now really. 

I have bases on both SE and Rag, and I would recommend building on SE. Even with the cryopod update, I've had issues with the tame cap. While people may complain about the sandstorm, its nothing compared to finding a high level dino, or trying to hatch babies, but you can't because of the tame cap.

Which map is better? IMO, Rag. The diversity is awesome and you can literally find anything you need on that map. But the tame cap alone is what ruins it for me. Don't get me wrong, SE is still a fun map to play though. I've enjoyed my time on it and there are a lot of friendly people on my server at least.

Archived