ARK NEEDS ATTENTION!

Raptorgaming421

This is literally devastating to me as an ARK gamer.  And I can sum it up to you in one word.  Atlas.  The worst game of 2018 and quite possibly 2019.  The reason this post is called ARK needs attention is because ARK could be compared to a full grown adult and Atlas is like a newborn.  A really deformed and ugly one.  Wildcard, you created something you couldn't keep up with, and that was the ARK community.  It was practically running the game while you were off daydreaming.  You did very little to keep the game intact.  You were like Phil Swift and the community was like Flex tape.  Honestly, these so-called "Crunches" of information is last weeks news.  You update the forums after you do the update.  You still haven't addressed the main issues in the game.  Under meshing, and the stupid host tether distance in Single player.  Please pardon my language but IT SUCKS.  Atlas does nothing other than mimic ARK, which was, guess what, NOT THE WORST GAME OF 2018.  GEE, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?  BECAUSE IT WAS GREAT!  Hold up, let me calm down.  Yeah, ATLAS SUCKS TOO.  (Just like the host tether distance.)  I rest my case, have a nice day.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been in the forum for just a little while and played Ark with all dlc's for just a little while on PS4. I know you have another game called Atlas. I'm sorry but I would not buy that game. My reasoning for not buying future products from your company is if Ark is buggy after you have worked on it for so many years then Atlas would be a joke if you have worked on it for less. I'm not even going to check it out. I understand why a lot of people rated your game Ark very low. It's the bugs that render the gaming experience highly frustrating. Buggy games are the worst kind of games to play. Better to play a boring game than a buggy game. Better to play a simple game than a buggy game. A game which has lags, loses your stuff, loses your character, loses your dinos, loses your explorer's list is not a safe game to play. The end result will only be frustration and anger and disdain. So after a little while more when I get bored of your game, I will just put your game in the junk pile and go back to play Rainbow Six Siege, and the multitudes of my other games. I will keep a lookout to make sure I do not purchase any future games from you. There are many companies which make games and you are but just one of them. After a little while more, your support will wither away, and your company will become like a host of many other gaming companies which go under.

You make too many mistakes constantly and without end. This is the road to disaster. Even players who are addicted to your game will become unaddicted through your bugs.

I foresee your company going under. Of this I am certain. I said this about Z2Live who made TradeNations, etc and it was closed down recently. People did not believe me at that time. I enjoyed the game TradeNations remarkably and left Z2Live a tip of $800. If I remember correctly, they designed some cats and I was asked to name them. Gabo or Gabbi. It was a while back ago.

Your company will most certainly go under. 100% certain. After playing Ark, I would be stupid to play Atlas. One day, you are on top of the mountain, next day, you will be in the bottom of the trash heap. That's life in the computer games business. One day you are smiling away doing your crunch thing, next day you are unemployed. I think Z2Live was also located in Seattle if memory serves me right. And they had about just under 80 staff when they were closed down.

I have no desire to ask you to do this or that because it's just a game made by a poor company with lofty ambitions but little ability when it comes to fixing bugs. It's not a matter of life and death so it's a trivial matter.

I thought I just post this to let you know your company's fate.

On 2/26/2019 at 1:47 PM, Raptorgaming421 said:

This is literally devastating to me as an ARK gamer.  And I can sum it up to you in one word.  Atlas.  The worst game of 2018 and quite possibly 2019.  The reason this post is called ARK needs attention is because ARK could be compared to a full grown adult and Atlas is like a newborn.  A really deformed and ugly one.  Wildcard, you created something you couldn't keep up with, and that was the ARK community.  It was practically running the game while you were off daydreaming.  You did very little to keep the game intact.  You were like Phil Swift and the community was like Flex tape.  Honestly, these so-called "Crunches" of information is last weeks news.  You update the forums after you do the update.  You still haven't addressed the main issues in the game.  Under meshing, and the stupid host tether distance in Single player.  Please pardon my language but IT SUCKS.  Atlas does nothing other than mimic ARK, which was, guess what, NOT THE WORST GAME OF 2018.  GEE, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?  BECAUSE IT WAS GREAT!  Hold up, let me calm down.  Yeah, ATLAS SUCKS TOO.  (Just like the host tether distance.)  I rest my case, have a nice day.

More than one mention of the host tether determines that your post is just a rant because your machine is too low a spec.

Most of your post is valid. The host tether thing on the other hand.. yeah that wont change with how ARK is. This game is too demanding to handle that without a great computer (even with a great computer.. can it even?) 

If you play console you can forget about host tether ever not being a thing. Get realistic.

Meshing is prevalent in all UE games, not defending it (it should be amended some how..) but it is what it is. Before you call me a fanboy, yes how ARK was being handled sucks. Its getting better though, I do see a light even if its dim.

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Most of your post is valid. The host tether thing on the other hand.. yeah that wont change with how ARK is. This game is too demanding to handle that without a great computer (even with a great computer.. can it even?) 

If you play console you can forget about host tether ever not being a thing. Get realistic.

Meshing is prevalent in all UE games, not defending it (it should be amended some how..) but it is what it is. Before you call me a fanboy, yes how ARK was being handled sucks. Its getting better though, I do see a light even if its dim.

Agreed

2 hours ago, Raptorgaming421 said:

I play on Xbox not a pc and I don't have the option to change the tether distance.  IF they just made it longer so that Me and my brother could play together without being four feet away would be better than nothing.

They did make it longer for all platforms as it was much shorter originally. The only reason PC get a tether slider is due to the vastly different specs between machines.

Don't like it? Don't play lol. You did not create the game. You are, of course, allowed to criticize. But you're obviously upset at a video game. So why continue giving attention to something that bothers you? No one is forcing you to play lol. And I'm sure WC is trying their best. In your mind, they aren't. And you would do things differently. But you didn't make the game. You only PLAY it. Go play something else ;)

1 hour ago, tronguyman said:

Don't like it? Don't play lol. You did not create the game. You are, of course, allowed to criticize. But you're obviously upset at a video game. So why continue giving attention to something that bothers you? No one is forcing you to play lol. And I'm sure WC is trying their best. In your mind, they aren't. And you would do things differently. But you didn't make the game. You only PLAY it. Go play something else ;)

I disagree with this. It makes sense to get upset when something that you passionately enjoy starts going downhill.

18 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

I disagree with this. It makes sense to get upset when something that you passionately enjoy starts going downhill.

I have 8,000 hours in this game. I've seen it go down and uphill for years. Anything with momentum will inevitably stop. The "start", like you say, is all in the eye of the beholder. What one sees as negative, another will see as positive. It's about how you DECIDE to perceive the situation. The poster is obviously heated and approaching in a negative way. True logic cannot be followed if there is any form of hatred involved. 

And like I said, "You are, of course, allowed to criticize." At the end of the day it's just a video game. A great one at that. 

7 minutes ago, tronguyman said:

I have 8,000 hours in this game. I've seen it go down and uphill for years. Anything with momentum will inevitably stop. The "start", like you say, is all in the eye of the beholder. What one sees as negative, another will see as positive. It's about how you DECIDE to perceive the situation. The poster is obviously heated and approaching in a negative way. True logic cannot be followed if there is any form of hatred involved. 

And like I said, "You are, of course, allowed to criticize." At the end of the day it's just a video game. A great one at that. 

And if one is never upset there would be nothing to criticize. 

13 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

And if one is never upset there would be nothing to criticize. 

You can be happy and still criticise. I have an apprenticeship in business improvement techniques. Just because something is done a certain way, doesn’t mean it can’t be made better. Frequently making small changes is the premise of continuous improvement. The same theory can be applied to game development.

1 minute ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You can be happy and still criticise. I have an apprenticeship in business improvement techniques. Just because something is done a certain way, doesn’t mean it can’t be made better. Frequently making small changes is the premise of continuous improvement. The same theory can be applied to game development.

I agree with you now, but the original, don't like the game, don't play it mentality wasn't very productive. At least in my opinion. Anyways getting off topic, take care friend.

Archived