Official Offline raid protection servers.

Alastair2308

• 6 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 11:19 PM, Alastair2308 said:

I'm seriously considering Moving. Sick of offline raiding. It's supposed to be PVP. Player vs player. 

Not player vs sleeping person. Or player vs the guy with a job. 

Be careful what you wish for. Offline raiding can be annoying but ORP brings its own 'perks' that can be even more annoying and definitely more broken. The most common one is the stash base. Basically one tribe will act as if it were two tribes and store all their most precious stuff in a separate stash base owned by another tribe that can't be raided except  in the brief window when it is being accessed. The end result is rather stale servers where raiding becomes fairly frivolous and pointless since nothing of value can be obtained.

The other issue is players spamming gibberish around the map that cannot be effectively removed. The end result is more laggy servers and less resources.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:52 PM, Alastair2308 said:

Like what's the point of offline raiding. I don't understand? WC needs to get their asses out of their heads and add ORP to their official clusters. If they are actually 100% serious of the Quality of Life improvements they promise to add to ark ORP is something that needs to be on the agenda. 

Playing on PC here. 

There are many reasons for offline reading and a lot of it comes down to tactics. For instance say you are in a small tribe of 5 players and there is an enemy tribe of 30 players on the server. There is no way you can win head to head against them so it makes sense to attack them when they are at their most vulnerable and weakest ie when there is few or none of them online. This is something my group does all the time and it's nothing to be ashamed about, its playing smart. When it comes to smaller tribe bases, I'm raiding regardless if they are online or not. 

Another reason is as someone else pointed out the popcorn phenomena. Basically unless you are some kind of foolish ethical moral player that believes in chivalry then when the enemy is raiding your base and you have clearly lost, its time to enable scorched earth mode. Everything of value goes straight onto the ground where it will vanish in just over a minute. The idea is to deny your enemy the loot which is good for you and bad for them which makes it a smart move. 

This is the reason why its nearly always more profitable to offline raid not only will you incur fewer dinos/gear lost and explosives used but you will also be rewarded with loot at the end of it.

On 3/7/2019 at 2:19 AM, Alastair2308 said:

Whether ORP makes Alpha invincible or not is irrelevant. If you can't face a large tribe online while everyone is fighting then. You shouldn't be doing it. Offline raiding is a cowards act. 

Spamming Pillars and foundations should be an offence punishable by devwipe. And in the case where the devs don't wipe it unused foundations and pillars should have a demolish timer that is based off of something other than members being off line. Foundation spamming is an issue even on official servers without ORP so ORP is hardly tbr issue when It comes to foundation and pillar spamming. 

Not really to me large tribes are the very definitive of cowardice. If you need 60 players to be 'good' then you are clearly not. Large tribes are the bane of this game and are bad for competition so anything that counters them is a blessing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I’m an official player on orp crossark 6 and we have a tribes on val abusing the orp system. what they will do is have a alt account place (not in the same tribe and when the demo become low will rest it )a bgate in front of the caves  while the main tribe hides behind the protection of the orp gate under a different tribe makeing raiding of these tribes impossible. How can I get a dev to actually do something while I’m on this subject why is it so hard to get help from a dev I’m not only upset but pissed at there lack of actual moderator interaction with players tribes like this who use exploits on there game that people get evidence takes months for a response to this

8 hours ago, Lucasa said:

Hi I’m an official player on orp crossark 6 and we have a tribes on val abusing the orp system. what they will do is have a alt account place (not in the same tribe and when the demo become low will rest it )a bgate in front of the caves  while the main tribe hides behind the protection of the orp gate under a different tribe makeing raiding of these tribes impossible. How can I get a dev to actually do something while I’m on this subject why is it so hard to get help from a dev I’m not only upset but pissed at there lack of actual moderator interaction with players tribes like this who use exploits on there game that people get evidence takes months for a response to this

Dollie was on ca6 valguero a week or so ago. Not sure who got wiped but i still see a few bases that use that cheese tactic. Send me a PM

• 2 weeks later...

Archived