Official Offline raid protection servers.

Alastair2308

33 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

All Servers are usually with a x1 Rate, regardless if it has ORP or not. The only server that offers multiple rate during any time are mostly Arkpocalypse servers, which are usually wiped at nearing the end of month.

Small tribe and conquest servers as well ;)

I play on an official orp cluster and can just recommend it. Its still possible to exploit the system in a few ways but its not common. The rates are normal, alliances are disabled (to avoid easy exploitation), the orp kicks in 15 mins after you log out, after log in your base and dinos are invulnerable for 5 seconds (to avoid people dropping c4 creatures on your base while youre offline in order to blow ur base once you log back in), characters do not get orp so make sure you store your gear in boxes and not in your inventory. 

21 hours ago, Alastair2308 said:

I'm seriously considering Moving. Sick of offline raiding. It's supposed to be PVP. Player vs player. 

Not player vs sleeping person. Or player vs the guy with a job. 

All pvp (non special) cluster have no orp. If you truly want to get out of the offline raiding cowards you need to start afresh in a new cluster. You cant transfer between different cluster.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:49 AM, Alastair2308 said:

I'm seriously considering Moving. Sick of offline raiding. It's supposed to be PVP. Player vs player. 

Not player vs sleeping person. Or player vs the guy with a job. 

If you’re talking about xbox, it’s a lot better than ordinary servers. Community is generally more friendly and help each other out, but the trolls are just as dedicated and hide behind the mechanics. As soon as they are attacked or their tame dies, they instantly go offline. 

I play ORP because i work and can come back whenever i want with my stuff protected. Been about 7 months now, but the same troll tribes from 8 months ago are still terrorizing the server. 

On 2/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, Vaculity said:

All pvp (non special) cluster have no orp. If you truly want to get out of the offline raiding cowards you need to start afresh in a new cluster. You cant transfer between different cluster.

Like what's the point of offline raiding. I don't understand? WC needs to get their asses out of their heads and add ORP to their official clusters. If they are actually 100% serious of the Quality of Life improvements they promise to add to ark ORP is something that needs to be on the agenda. 

Playing on PC here. 

7 hours ago, Alastair2308 said:

Like what's the point of offline raiding. I don't understand? WC needs to get their asses out of their heads and add ORP to their official clusters. If they are actually 100% serious of the Quality of Life improvements they promise to add to ark ORP is something that needs to be on the agenda. 

Playing on PC here. 

Orp has tons flaws  too many to count ....

9 hours ago, Alastair2308 said:

Playing on PC here. 

Play on orp server and you will understand. orp quickly locks/kills a server by making the alpha tribe invincible. Not to mention trolls covering the map with pillars.

the current state of the orp mod is plain stupid

proper orp would be to give a defense buff to your structures when you're offline, like 6x defense, it would make offline raid more expensive than actual pvp, but it wouldn't completely kill the server

12 hours ago, dodogal said:

Play on orp server and you will understand. orp quickly locks/kills a server by making the alpha tribe invincible. Not to mention trolls covering the map with pillars.

proper orp would be to give a defense buff to your structures when you're offline, like 6x defense, it would make offline raid more expensive than actual pvp, but it wouldn't completely kill the server

I beg to differ. Even with a 6x defense, it is still profitable for coward raiders to actually destroy it. Few hours of no one online with only turrets and dinos on defense will still not be enough to fend off against those kind of raiders.

16 hours ago, dodogal said:

What platform do you play on and when was your last visit on an orp cluster? As i said above, i play on a pc orp cluster, and we have a stupid alpha tribe, but they dont lock anything. We fight them and have a lot of fun doing so. Orp abuse is not common. In fact, the orp helps to fight bigger tribes becaue they are always on to fight them, while your stuff is safe from them when youre not there. 

On 3/5/2019 at 12:55 AM, dodogal said:

Whether ORP makes Alpha invincible or not is irrelevant. If you can't face a large tribe online while everyone is fighting then. You shouldn't be doing it. Offline raiding is a cowards act. 

Spamming Pillars and foundations should be an offence punishable by devwipe. And in the case where the devs don't wipe it unused foundations and pillars should have a demolish timer that is based off of something other than members being off line. Foundation spamming is an issue even on official servers without ORP so ORP is hardly tbr issue when It comes to foundation and pillar spamming. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived