center north ice cave

jurassicjoey

Thyla is the best as it allows you to climb the cliff after one of the artifacts. It can swim well and avoid a lot of the mobs if you want a quick in and out for the artifacts. 

I've also used a direbear and took a few grapples. 

Lately though I've been using my Rockdrake as it climbs the cliff a lot quicker, swims faster, and I can almost glide right back to my base when I leave the cave ☺️

Ive only done it with a thyla so far, it works well. The thyla is a good swimmer so you could even swim the water tubbels without scuba, you will loose some hp but you should be fine if you carry some food with you that heals. 

Regarding what bruvas said, i have not been able to climb the cliff after getting the artifact of the clever, but maybe im just bad with the thyla. Id advise a cryopod and grapples. The rock drake hardly fits thru the water tunnel at some parts and its a bad swimmer, but the climbing is useful. 

I have always heard thyla cannot get back up the hole, so cryo and grapples will be needed.

Rock Drake is good, but I would bring crafted food with Stamina. If your rock drake runs out of stamina underwater it cannot move and will drown. Also, do NOT try to fight on the drake as the creatures in the ice cave will not play nicely.

2 hours ago, acat said:

Ive only done it with a thyla so far, it works well. The thyla is a good swimmer so you could even swim the water tubbels without scuba, you will loose some hp but you should be fine if you carry some food with you that heals. 

Regarding what bruvas said, i have not been able to climb the cliff after getting the artifact of the clever, but maybe im just bad with the thyla. Id advise a cryopod and grapples. The rock drake hardly fits thru the water tunnel at some parts and its a bad swimmer, but the climbing is useful. 

You can run up the left wall just next to the cliff face then jump onto the floor at the top with a Thyla. Not saying it's easy, but I've done it plenty of times. 

The Rockdrake is certainly a squeeze, but it's the fastest mount there and back. The main bother is that they're not native to the centre so harder to get a hold of. 

Before we had Thylas and Rockdrakes our tribe would triple team the cave with bears. Decent 150 tames and boosted journeyman saddles let us murderer our way to the drops. 

1 hour ago, MesoMan said:

I have always heard thyla cannot get back up the hole, so cryo and grapples will be needed.

I use my Thyla in that cave and have indeed climbed back out after collecting the artifact. However, it was a pain in the arse and kept falling down when so close to teh top. Eventually I managed it but after that I just took ice picks with me and climbed back out. Thyla for the cave in general is really good though, great swimming, quick in and out :) Take an otter with you and collect multiple artifacts.

Archived