Community Crunch 170: ARK Stream Returns & S+ Beta Closing!

Jen

Another ARK Digest question:

Now that we have the Enable mating option, would you consider removing mating behaviour when wandering? It would be nice to be able to have my animals on wandering without mating (and not having to neuter/spay them as that's permanent).

Edit: And one more :P 

Any chance you can share your reasoning behind the new kibble system? I mean no disrespect, but to me it feels a bit rushed and not very thought through - I would love to hear what your intentions were and be proven wrong.

Edited by Zahlea
Thought of another question
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2019 at 5:29 PM, Zahlea said:

Yeah, I assumed that was the reason they removed boss transfers from Tek Transmitter. However, as a server setting it wouldn't be on official, nor on many unofficials, I suspect. I just think it'd be good to have it so that on my private server (and single player), we don't have to move our dinos to the obelisks...

Yeah i totally agree they should add server settings that allow you to turn on Boss Tributes for the Tek Transmitter for Private Servers and Single Player something like for example TekTransmitterBossTributes: True and for Single Player Options Enable Boss Tribute Tek Transmitter.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:16 AM, Zahlea said:

Questions for ARK Digest:

Logging in to a password protected server takes quite a few steps. Have you considered any of:

• Saving a password for a server so you don't have to re-enter it unless it changes?
  • Allowing auto-connecting to a server by double-clicking it in the server browser?
  • Allowing enter to confirm password (instead of having to klick the OK-button after entering the password)?

<snip stuff I don't care about>

What's your opinion on adding more baby dinos in the wild, like with Kairukus and/or allowing taming of baby dinos? Do you see any value in consistency, i.e. removing the baby Kairukus if it's not possible adding babies to other species?

Any chance we'll ever get an integrated autorun feature? I just got the autorun mod and I didn't realise just how sick I was of needing to have my hand on the keyboard. This is something I'm sure many of those who can't get mods really would benefit from.

Yes to all! And I helped test Autorun+, takes a surprising amount of "weight" off of the gameplay. So much better.