Community Crunch 170: ARK Stream Returns & S+ Beta Closing!

Jen

Since you have already allowed the transfer of element dust. Could you just open up the transferring of all element? Would save a lot of time for people trying to maintain multiple servers And also the trading community. And you can essentially do it now with dust it’s just more time consuming for no real reason. 

Edited by HOSS602
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Could you please fix bloom on consoles, specifically PS4? A slider would be lovely. As it is, it is blindingly bright, can't see anything when looking anywhere near it. It's like looking into a spot light. It's just ridiculous.

This screenshot is not mine, I grabbed it from https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/393396-light-sun-ps4-but-maybe-pc-xbox-too/ it is a pretty decent example of what I'm talking about, though.

arkbloom.jpg

The Valentines Day event candies brought with them a ton of really amazing colours that are only temporary and exclusive to the candy such as the purple and pink colourings. Do you plan on making those colours available as possible colour mutations through breeding? Alot of people, including myself, have been wanting some of these colours in the game for a very long time.

ARK Digest question:

Any chance we'll see any of the following server settings (feel free to just mention the ones you've decided for or against considering):

• Allowing stackable foundations
  • Allowing transfer to Boss Arenas from the Tek Transmitter
  • Allowing logging in to a server without entering the password if you've entered it previously (since it was last changed)
  • Multipliers to change the frequency and/or length of fog (as opposed to just turning it on/off)
  • Allowing flyers to level speed (old fliers)
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 10:33 PM, SirNuggski said:

I've noticed that sitting beside them doesn't help, I just stay active in base and keep checking back every so often for eggs. Oviraptors do pick up eggs if they are not weighed down 

Ummm since WHEN??? Ive never had my ovi pick up eggs ever for any reason encumbered or not is it fertilizer eggs as well or only non fert eggs

When will the error with paraceration and cryopod be fixed?! This week my tribe raid was torn down using textures 2 times. Technical support does not respond, but there is a complete package of evidence (screenshots of the video and pseudonyms) ..... I hurt, I want to punish those responsible! Here is a video of this bug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWQNZXNaP4&feature=youtu.be

On 2/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, Tlroa893 said:

How difficult would it be for y’all to maybe make the Titanoboas have even a slightly boosted egg laying rate?  I’ve been sitting with mine for literally 7 hours and not gotten one egg, and that’s with the Ovi boost.  Since they are one of only two eggs used to make the Extraordinary kibble, and arguably the easier of the two to attain, it seems like a major flaw.  Also maybe an Oviraptor that can pick up eggs would be amazing!

I’ve found that feeding small eggs to titanboas results in them laying more eggs themselves.  I feed mine dodo and Dilo eggs and almost every time I walk by I have 1 or 2 eggs from my 3 boas.  Also like the other poster said, sitting beside them doesn’t help.  Just go about your business and check on them every couple of times you go out of render range.

Okay I know whats new:

1. New meshing evolved with nice new S+, now you can build more awesome bases under mesh, and raid enemy bases undermesh with more fun. New type of bases - flying.
2. New awesome dupe glitches, ARK: Dupe Evolved.
3. New griefing strategy with s+ like a aberrant platforms. Just place, and your enemy can't build on its own base.
4. New defence types, place & stack 1000 structures in one point, and troll your enemy.

And last: Zero bug fixes, and full ignoring of reports

Edited by Tuhakiro
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 2/26/2019 at 3:32 AM, Tlroa893 said:

How difficult would it be for y’all to maybe make the Titanoboas have even a slightly boosted egg laying rate?  I’ve been sitting with mine for literally 7 hours and not gotten one egg, and that’s with the Ovi boost.  Since they are one of only two eggs used to make the Extraordinary kibble, and arguably the easier of the two to attain, it seems like a major flaw.  Also maybe an Oviraptor that can pick up eggs would be amazing!

On 2/26/2019 at 2:00 AM, Jen said:

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

ARK Stream Returns!

At 1 PM Pacific Time on March 5th, members of the ARK development team will be hosting a Developer Livestream on our Twitch channel!

Our Community-focused livestreams went over well with the community so we decided to restructure slightly to bring even more members of our team into the mix! We invite you to join us from our Seattle office as we discuss the latest developments with ARK.

In next weeks' stream we will be showcasing and discussing our biggest addition and change to the game: the Structures Plus and Kibble rework.

DxxcZd2WkAYBJVf.jpg:large

We'll also be allowing questions from you--the community--in a live form Digest. We invite you to leave your ARK or development related questions in the comment section below and we will be selecting an assortment of your questions to answer live on stream.

The developers on-camera this stream will be:

• Cedric: Host, Gameplay Programmer
  • Chris: Lead Programmer & Lead Designer
  • Colin: Senior Producer
  • Jen: Community Manager

We look forward to seeing you all on our Twitch channel on March 5th!

Structures Plus (S+) & Kibble Rework Beta Closing!

yahaqkyx7rh21.jpg

This week is the final week to participate in the open Structures Plus and Kibble Rework beta before the testing period closes to the public. If you have not tried it out and/or given your feedback regarding the changes we invite you to do so! Please check out the post below for all of the information on how you can get involved in play testing this beta.

Mod Community Updates!

Get your mods ready, sponsorship program applications open again on Friday! We will also be announcing a couple of new sponsored projects next week!

We're making some adjustments to what has been our focus for sponsored projects. Going forward we will be looking at more small scope projects as well, instead of only the large scope projects like we have been up to this point. A result of this adjustment is that you will begin to see more projects with shorter-term sponsorship's making their way into the program and, by proxy, a somewhat higher rotation rate leading to more opportunities.

We want to encourage everyone, no matter the scale of your projects, to apply for sponsorship during each application period. Even if a project isn't selected during a given application period it helps me to keep a finger on the pulse of everyone that's interested in being sponsored and seeing how your projects and plans develop.

Upcoming Server Maintenance!

On February 27th beginning at 12pm EST we will be conducting a small maintenance on a portion of our Official Servers. We expect maintenance to last for approximately 1 hour. Below is a list of all affected servers.

Fan Feature of the Week!

germanletsplay_by_sampondu_dczdfra-pre.j

GermanLetsPlay by SamPondu

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 1st of March at 1 PM EST until Monday the 4th of March at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

Jen you probably won’t see this and if you do you most likely get it all the time and I know that you aren’t in full control of the hole Console  mod situation but couldn’t you just add the entire S+ mod to consoles and then on official severs ban the engrams of the op structures like the hatchery. I have only thought of this because it’s an offline setting for single player and non dedicated so it’s in the game?

5 hours ago, Tuhakiro said:

Okay I know whats new:

1. New meshing evolved with nice new S+, now you can build more awesome bases under mesh, and raid enemy bases undermesh with more fun. New type of bases - flying.
2. New awesome dupe glitches, ARK: Dupe Evolved.
3. New griefing strategy with s+ like a aberrant platforms. Just place, and your enemy can't build on its own base.
4. New defence types, place & stack 1000 structures in one point, and troll your enemy.

And last: Zero bug fixes, and full ignoring of reports

Come on lmao it’s Wildcard it’s not like they have ever let us down like no console mods and the dlcs that are “ALWAYS ON TIME AND NEVER BROKEN” but seriously I agree with you fully.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Great yes ignore the switch players that were told that dlc would come out eay 2019.Its march its already a quarter in the year and the graphics are still terrible we just go mentioned after 3 months of silence and they can’t even say its the platforms fault the graphics on mobile are better you can actually see 50m away.

Edited by rageraxes

On 2/26/2019 at 3:03 AM, Treefrog said:

I got a question for the developers. When are you gonna fix meshing? Asking for a tribe who got meshed this morning.

Also the animals look crazy as hell on some of the maps wit the graphics going out making them look like paper crane creatures. I just bought the whole lot of this game a month ago and am sadly disappointed. When I played the Xbox pass version, I had a great time. Obviously I didn't realize that when u buy it, u get a mess of issues. So I would like these addressed please for console or a refund, either works!! Getting stuck on a rocks or foundation, going through the map, the messed up looking animals and omg please the tether distance!! We should be able to get far enough away from each other (me at the base while my sister is out taming or gathering supplies.) She can't even be in the water in certain places without me because there's no view under there; just thick coloring.

On 3/2/2019 at 2:20 AM, Zahlea said:

ARK Digest question:

Any chance we'll see any of the following server settings (feel free to just mention the ones you've decided for or against considering):

• Allowing stackable foundations
  • Allowing transfer to Boss Arenas from the Tek Transmitter
  • Allowing logging in to a server without entering the password if you've entered it previously (since it was last changed)
  • Multipliers to change the frequency and/or length of fog (as opposed to just turning it on/off)
  • Allowing flyers to level speed (old fliers)

Well the Stackable foundations is a great idea but the Tek Transmitter allowing you to do boss fights ah no because i am sure it use to do that but they removed it due to players placing it near a herd of enemy players dinos and opening up the boss portal just to kill the enemy players dinos that are not near there base even though that doesn't stop Server admins spawning in the boss portals with admin commands to kill you're dinos and the Fog idea yes they need to do that same with flyer speed they need to add a setting that allows you to enable it to level up Speed for a flyer.

9 hours ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

Well the Stackable foundations is a great idea but the Tek Transmitter allowing you to do boss fights ah no because i am sure it use to do that but they removed it due to players placing it near a herd of enemy players dinos and opening up the boss portal just to kill the enemy players dinos that are not near there base even though that doesn't stop Server admins spawning in the boss portals with admin commands to kill you're dinos and the Fog idea yes they need to do that same with flyer speed they need to add a setting that allows you to enable it to level up Speed for a flyer.

Yeah, I assumed that was the reason they removed boss transfers from Tek Transmitter. However, as a server setting it wouldn't be on official, nor on many unofficials, I suspect. I just think it'd be good to have it so that on my private server (and single player), we don't have to move our dinos to the obelisks...