Community Crunch 170: ARK Stream Returns & S+ Beta Closing!

Jen

When will you plan to do something about deleted characters due to server crashes and rollbacks?

It can't be that hard to track a character and store some data for it to be backed up. I have seen so many people leave the game for good because they lost everything due to server crashes. And why your policy has become to not restore anything (or at least anything worth the over 1 month wait - in a game that has autodecay - for an answer from the utterly  poor  support team) is beyond me.

Edited by Oieru

19 hours ago, Tlroa893 said:

How difficult would it be for y’all to maybe make the Titanoboas have even a slightly boosted egg laying rate?  I’ve been sitting with mine for literally 7 hours and not gotten one egg, and that’s with the Ovi boost.  Since they are one of only two eggs used to make the Extraordinary kibble, and arguably the easier of the two to attain, it seems like a major flaw.  Also maybe an Oviraptor that can pick up eggs would be amazing!

If you're on PC, try the Dino Aphrodisiac mod. I can confirm it works with boas to push their rate to 1-2 eggs per hour. 

Hello,

For Ark developments, what is planned next? You talked about more TLCs, but is Extinction map is the last map of Ark storyline? I mean, maybe you'll work on a custom map like Ragnarok or Center, but from the ending of Extinction after defeating Alpha King Titan, something should coming next.

So, is it finished for this Ark game, or we can expect more coming?

Thanks a lot.

Questions for ARK Digest:

Logging in to a password protected server takes quite a few steps. Have you considered any of:

• Saving a password for a server so you don't have to re-enter it unless it changes?
  • Allowing auto-connecting to a server by double-clicking it in the server browser?
  • Allowing enter to confirm password (instead of having to klick the OK-button after entering the password)?

Have you considered adding more achievements as well as DLC-specific achievements (other than the one for The Center)? I really love achievement hunting and feel it helps give a sense of progression through the game (which could also address that some players feel the new kibble system reduces the sense of progression). They don't need to come with skins/hairstyles: as far as I'm concerned, the Steam badge is enough :) (Discussion about achievement suggestions here)

Is there a possibility of Direwolves getting armour or a saddle, or is this something you've already decided to not prioritise?

What's your opinion on adding more baby dinos in the wild, like with Kairukus and/or allowing taming of baby dinos? Do you see any value in consistency, i.e. removing the baby Kairukus if it's not possible adding babies to other species?

Any chance we'll ever get an integrated autorun feature? I just got the autorun mod and I didn't realise just how sick I was of needing to have my hand on the keyboard. This is something I'm sure many of those who can't get mods really would benefit from.

Edited by Zahlea
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, urmas said:

i believe official s+ is like vanilla s+ items. If currently in unofficial vanilla stuff have that 30 sec timer to take back and it works then i believe no conflicts for your s+ mod.

People on the beta have reported S+ working more poorly since the integrated changes came, like suddenly having no snap points, etc.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:51 AM, Zadira said:

I am a little worried, but I guess more confused. How will our unofficial server be affected when the S+ update becomes official and we are already running the S+ mod?  

I'm worried about this as well... the reports I've seen from the beta branch tell of S+ no longer working well... However, S+ just got a huge update yesterday and maybe it was fixed there?

22 hours ago, ScaleBane said:

You can disable the integrated S+ structures. 
See here:

Wouldn't that make all the already build structures vanish? That's really not a desirable outcome.

21 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Have you re-cryod them after the change?

It isn't in the stat list but it shows like:

CRYOPOD: Male Rex

CRYOPOD: Female Doedicurus

Yes, we have. What platform are you on, because it is not appearing in the way you describe on console (Xbox)? Gachas in cryo display all stats except crafting skill. 

Ark is hemorrhaging players.  So many have left ark to play less time consuming games.  I use to play ark for 24hrs plus straight and then I realized it's simply not worth the over raided time when you have tons of mesh points that you have yet to fix.  2yr player giving up on ark going to play APEX LEGENDS

12 hours ago, Deathfollowsme said:

Ark is hemorrhaging players.  So many have left ark to play less time consuming games.  I use to play ark for 24hrs plus straight and then I realized it's simply not worth the over raided time when you have tons of mesh points that you have yet to fix.  2yr player giving up on ark going to play APEX LEGENDS

Well no, not really. Ark is losing players like any normal game would in its lifesyle after 3-4 years.

Is Apex Legends supposed to be a statement? I don’t understand the logic of only ever playing a single game. I play on Xbox and have increased my gamerscore by almost 10000 in the last 12 months alone but still find time to play Ark.

22 hours ago, Deathfollowsme said:

I feel like meshing is just a part of the game, at this point, and they should just allow it so that PvP players can appropriately guard against it by meshing defenses. It’s obviously a difficult problem to fix, and frankly I’d prefer if they stopped messing with it—which creates new problems—just to appease whinny PvP players.

On 2/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, Tlroa893 said:

How difficult would it be for y’all to maybe make the Titanoboas have even a slightly boosted egg laying rate?  I’ve been sitting with mine for literally 7 hours and not gotten one egg, and that’s with the Ovi boost.  Since they are one of only two eggs used to make the Extraordinary kibble, and arguably the easier of the two to attain, it seems like a major flaw.  Also maybe an Oviraptor that can pick up eggs would be amazing!

Leave render and come back. Eggs are there for 30 minutes. Just render them in every 20 or so minutes.