Which is the best map for a 2 player split screen offline game?

SeanPelle

Hi, I've plaied The Island in duo offline with my brother for a lot of hours and we got two spinos, two rexes and so on, then, when we had nothing else to do, we left the game. Now we are going to buy the season pass for PS4 at 23€ and we don't know wich map to play. Wich one is the easiest? Wich one the funniest? Wich one would you suggest us to play duo offline? Thank you for your time. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, SeanPelle said:

Hi, I've plaied The Island in duo offline with my brother for a lot of hours and we got two spinos, two rexes and so on, then, when we had nothing else to do, we left the game. Now we are going to buy the season pass for PS4 at 23€ and we don't know wich map to play. Wich one is the easiest? Wich one the funniest? Wich one would you suggest us to play duo offline? Thank you for your time. 

Island → Scorched Earth → Aberration → Extinction

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, SeanPelle said:

I am too bad for finishing the story line or just for doing a dungeon. Do you anyways suggest me this order? 

Yes, they are all fun in their own way and offers different gaming experience so the order doesn't really matters in the end. Check the trailers and go for the one you think you guys will enjoy the most I guess. :)

7 hours ago, SeanPelle said:

I am too bad for finishing the story line or just for doing a dungeon. Do you anyways suggest me this order? 

The story is worth it and will give you at least a solid 200 hours +/- of play time, assuming you boost a few stats. You need to do a lot: Tame good tames to farm efficiently, tame max level kibbled rexs or theriz, progress through every single cave, beat all the bosses then move to another map and repeat (or bring your tames from island etc).

Its worth it for sure. Great story. Good progression and gives you a real goal to shoot for.

As to the "best" map - You paid for the DLC and dont seem too advanced.. why only play one map? 

Have two different "games" going - Game One: Your story Ark. Continue the island but actually beat all the bosses and the overseer.

Game Two: Ragnarok or The Center (Free DLC maps) these maps offer unique experiences and a huge perk: Max level dinos are easily obtained here. Also you can farm resources a lot faster. Use this map to mess around, tame lots of high level dinos, breed, build that giant castle, or Winterfell. Then you just simply go to an Obelisk, upload resources / items / tames and bring them to your Story map to help progress.

This is the way I play Singleplayer. A lot of fun and you always have lots to do. You can also play any map, any time (Each map has its' own save file and you can freely transfer between them all)

16 hours ago, d1nk said:

The story is worth it and will give you at least a solid 200 hours +/- of play time, assuming you boost a few stats. You need to do a lot: Tame good tames to farm efficiently, tame max level kibbled rexs or theriz, progress through every single cave, beat all the bosses then move to another map and repeat (or bring your tames from island etc).

Its worth it for sure. Great story. Good progression and gives you a real goal to shoot for.

As to the "best" map - You paid for the DLC and dont seem too advanced.. why only play one map? 

Have two different "games" going - Game One: Your story Ark. Continue the island but actually beat all the bosses and the overseer.

Game Two: Ragnarok or The Center (Free DLC maps) these maps offer unique experiences and a huge perk: Max level dinos are easily obtained here. Also you can farm resources a lot faster. Use this map to mess around, tame lots of high level dinos, breed, build that giant castle, or Winterfell. Then you just simply go to an Obelisk, upload resources / items / tames and bring them to your Story map to help progress.

This is the way I play Singleplayer. A lot of fun and you always have lots to do. You can also play any map, any time (Each map has its' own save file and you can freely transfer between them all)

Thank you, but I can't spend too much time playing this game. So I must chose only one map. Do you think that Aberration is too difficult for playing in offline mode? 

Archived