Jump to content

SharkBite021

Ark keeps crashing on Xbox one

Recommended Posts

Hi. Different issue. I can't get past the loading screen.

On the first run, I can access the main menu, load the preferred map (aberration,)  begin to load the game and then right when it's about to load in.. the game crashes and I'm left on the home screen. When I try to load back in, my screen becomes incredibly glitchy, I completely quit the game. I have to do a full shut down/restart on my console because it will affect my other games if I do not. Visually, that is. I've only had the expansion maps for a week. None of this happened before I downloaded the dlcs. (no blame, just observation) I normally host a non dedicated server. And unfortunately, I haven't been able to play since the crashes started. 

Ultimately, I freaking love what ark has to offer and I became obsessed with aberration as soon as I started it. I haven't been able to play since the crashes have started. I am reinstalling it for the third time now, fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The crashes are down to the Xbox's hardware and poor optimization for the game. Wildcard lacks attention to the console versions of the game and I have simply found it not to be worth playing anymore.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:11 AM, Joebbbb said:

Hi. Different issue. I can't get past the loading screen.

On the first run, I can access the main menu, load the preferred map (aberration,)  begin to load the game and then right when it's about to load in.. the game crashes and I'm left on the home screen. When I try to load back in, my screen becomes incredibly glitchy, I completely quit the game. I have to do a full shut down/restart on my console because it will affect my other games if I do not. Visually, that is. I've only had the expansion maps for a week. None of this happened before I downloaded the dlcs. (no blame, just observation) I normally host a non dedicated server. And unfortunately, I haven't been able to play since the crashes started. 

Ultimately, I freaking love what ark has to offer and I became obsessed with aberration as soon as I started it. I haven't been able to play since the crashes have started. I am reinstalling it for the third time now, fingers crossed. 

If you can't get past the loading screen/crash upon loading your save, it indicates that your save file has been corrupted. It happens very frequently on the console versions of the game and there is no way to prevent it since consoles lack any sort of a backup option. PC however, has backups.
I had this issue happen a few times last year and it is absolutely devastating when it happens, seeing that all your work has gone to waste.
Also, @Joebbbb I'm going to say one thing about the DLC observation; it happens no matter what expansions you have installed and re-installing the game does not help. I think it has to do with the weird way that consoles save files between your profiles and also in the cloud and that frequently causes the save data to "fragment". One thing gets messed up and it's game over. Steam does not do this since the files are saved locally and you have full control of the saves. Files can still get corrupted, but you can back up your saves regardless, a needed feature that consoles lack.
The last few updates for ARK on Xbox have been just horrible; I've been seeing more and more threads like this to fill up the already en masse of bug report threads for ARK on Xbox.

 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 9:48 PM, Level4Gaming said:

The crashes are down to the Xbox's hardware and poor optimization for the game. Wildcard lacks attention to the console versions of the game and I have simply found it not to be worth playing anymore.

If you can't get past the loading screen/crash upon loading your save, it indicates that your save file has been corrupted. It happens very frequently on the console versions of the game and there is no way to prevent it since consoles lack any sort of a backup option. PC however, has backups.
I had this issue happen a few times last year and it is absolutely devastating when it happens, seeing that all your work has gone to waste.
Also, @Joebbbb I'm going to say one thing about the DLC observation; it happens no matter what expansions you have installed and re-installing the game does not help. I think it has to do with the weird way that consoles save files between your profiles and also in the cloud and that frequently causes the save data to "fragment". One thing gets messed up and it's game over. Steam does not do this since the files are saved locally and you have full control of the saves. Files can still get corrupted, but you can back up your saves regardless, a needed feature that consoles lack.
The last few updates for ARK on Xbox have been just horrible; I've been seeing more and more threads like this to fill up the already en masse of bug report threads for ARK on Xbox.

 

If you hook up a external hard drive to your XBox and go to settings you can get have it work as a back up for your console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These issues are not just on extension, this weekend my friends and I were on multiple maps and servers and we were DC'ing all at the same time. I have seen this happening more and more after the drop of the last few patches. I think that WC may have to go back and look at the way the base coding is interacting/interfacing with the multitude of patches that have been done as of late. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mikie0011 said:

If you hook up a external hard drive to your XBox and go to settings you can get have it work as a back up for your console.

This no longer works due to Microsoft's policy (since you'd need access to the internal file directories), and plus, most external hard drives are unreliable. All it does is move the files to the external drive. Nothing else.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crash , lag and rollback

I have been following the forum and I see that this complaint is not only mine and I wanted to ask a little attention from the developers for the optimization of the game in xbox one that is leaving something to be desired, but the problem is more on certain servers, crash and roll back leave us  to play rather frustrated.  on the ragnarock map much lag and rollback, on the scorched earth every 20-30 minutes the game closes.  as I said I followed the forum and it is not an isolated complaint.

(Sorry english)

Edited by Orland1n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started playing this game around 6 weeks ago and I love it. Have a little tribe with family members in it, we started on the center map on an official server and everything is great! Great friendly people on the server and the base is  coming on great!
So I bought the DLC's but wherever I go other than The Center map randomly crashes to desktop, totally random times but everytime!
Please any help would be appreciated 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's down to the lack of RAM (8gb on current gen consoles) and general hardware limitations. Most people who play on PC invest into a more powerful machine that has more resources for the game engine to utilize. ARK is a very demanding game and current gen consoles struggle to run it, and won't ever perform well without a ton of work from Wildcard.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xbox dashboarding

So I know that I am not the only one to complain about this issue but I am going to go off on a rant anyways even though wildcard never seems to respond to anyone when they make a complaint or do anything about it but here it goes anyways. So yea I'm pretty pissed off and annoyed at this damn game crashing like 4 or 5 times a day and having to lose everything I did in the last hr cause it don't save poop oh sorry that's not true if you find a note it seems to save that some how but you lose the experience and all the levels you gained from that said note which is total BS.  So why don't you people at wild card do something about this crap for once instead of adding more to the damn game that will just make it even worse for the already disgusting lag and crash issues that occur on a regular basis, because myself for one is real tired of doing the same things over and over and over because my game crashed take some of them millions that yous have made and put it to use for your community that keeps you all in a job. Rant over for now but I will be staying on this until I get a positive reply from someone on staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, Cofhy said:

This is random but how do you mod on xbox one

You can't, and even if you were to find a way to, Microsoft would likely ban your console. I wouldn't chance it especially when most games barely run on a normal Xbox One. 
 

On 5/22/2019 at 3:04 PM, Screwy1976 said:

Xbox dashboarding

So I know that I am not the only one to complain about this issue but I am going to go off on a rant anyways even though wildcard never seems to respond to anyone when they make a complaint or do anything about it but here it goes anyways. So yea I'm pretty pissed off and annoyed at this damn game crashing like 4 or 5 times a day and having to lose everything I did in the last hr cause it don't save poop oh sorry that's not true if you find a note it seems to save that some how but you lose the experience and all the levels you gained from that said note which is total BS.  So why don't you people at wild card do something about this crap for once instead of adding more to the damn game that will just make it even worse for the already disgusting lag and crash issues that occur on a regular basis, because myself for one is real tired of doing the same things over and over and over because my game crashed take some of them millions that yous have made and put it to use for your community that keeps you all in a job. Rant over for now but I will be staying on this until I get a positive reply from someone on staff.

I've mainly noticed they refuse to respond to console players. I see posts like this all the time with obvious issues and they refuse to address any of them. As I have said many times in the past, the crashes are simply down to lack of resources but also due to Wildcard's terrible optimization. While I've noticed the game performs way better on PC due to more RAM and graphics memory (which ARK needs a LOT of) it still crashes (albeit rarely) on even high range computers, which is inexcusable. It's 2019, and we're in the third year of the full release installment of ARK and yet Wildcard still treats it like it's an Early Access game. Well, where's the "early access" excuse now? I'm fine with the current content ARK has, what I am not fine with is the lack of polishing. I'd take quality over quantity any day of my life. I don't like being a PC elitist but I switched for a good reason, I still do think it's bad to see that console is treated as bad as it is. All the platforms need a lot of work. Every one of them. And let's not even touch on the topic of ARK on the Switch.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely poor optimization for this game. I play on Aberration as well, and I've just started to have major crash issues over the past couple of weeks or so. I've lost tons of items and tames because of it, and even though it's due to WC's lack of optimizing the game properly, they will just shrug and say it's the player's problem. As of writing this post, I've literally crashed 6 times near my base, and lost a high level roll rat and almost my karkinos, attempting to leave my base to go do a wood run. Crashed right in front of a pack of ravagers 3 times in a row. Finally get back into the game to my roll rat and my character dead. Great job WC.. 👎👎 Smh..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm experiencing the same thing.. theres a possibility my internets getting throttled and I should have my xbox plugged in via ethernet but.. I keep loading into my base with all my dinos and I can walk around but I cant interact until just before my game crashes... 

 

The rubber banding is so bad me and tribemates will sit for literally 60 seconds afterwards asking one another if it was that long and bad for them as well. 

I've avoided carrying items of worth. I've avoided Pvp even though that's the life and the sever I'm on... Becuase I'll be having a fight for 60 seconds that isint really happening.. just to go through a crash ultimately to wake up dead and looted. During the fighting is when people seem to crash the most which is obviously a serious problem.. 

So please don't nerf the turrets to much.. 

I'm assuming it's all cross platform which is fantastic but I've noticed xbox players (myself) cause the lag for computer players.. I could be wrong but I have a hunch.. 

It's really poopty when things are going down and you cant join in after 5 times of trying.. shutting the xbox off.. just to turn it back on dead. Destroyed. Looted. Or glitched. 

I mean.. its nice when you can explore an entire area with super speed sickness and get banded back to the beginning of the trip.. 

 

Hopefully something is done.. 

 

Maybe reduce the massive bloom effect.. 

This blows..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's so much worse after this new update... like I'm sure people would actually play if they could.. I feel bad for people who paid full price on xbox.. they should get a partial refund becuase a fair part of the game dosent even work.

I get crashed and the option to join servers disappears and I get an error code that when searched online comes up with nothing but forums of people trying to figure it out.. I've hard reset yatta yatta yatta.. still the same stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a nice little crash would have been pleasant during this current update.... The update stopped 35% of the way through and froze there. When attempting to cancel the update to try again, the system deleted the entire game.

So, sit through another few hours of downloading? What then... Is the update going to wipe it out again?

Not sure we'll waste more time in our limited lives investing in this game... What should have been a simple update to an unreliable game basically just depressed an entire family of otherwise devoted players.

Just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the crashing, go into single player, enable console cheats, then turn off some of the graphics options. You can then load into multiplayer with those settings still enabled. This process has to be repeated every time the game is fully restarted. Does work though. Had to do some Google searching to figure it all out. Now I've just got the commands i need saved on my phone and i paste them into the command line using the xbox app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...