Looking to move to PC ark!

GrannyIssues

This is sort of ark related but sort of not at the same time.

Ive been playing ark since the release of early access on xbox one but i kind of feel like its time to make an upgrade because of how laggy it is on xbox or consoles in general so im looking to move to PC for most games aswell but i have no idea on what pc i should buy with the right specs to run ark nicely.

Im looking to spend no more than my budget of  £400 - £450  so i would highly appreciate some recomendations for gaming computers that would run this at around 60fps with at minimum medium settings this might be a hard find as im still new to the world of gaming computers and specs but advice is highly appreciated thank you all and im looking foward to your respones!

Many thanks - Granny Issues :D

If you are looking for a laptop with which to play ARK, you really should look for one with a discrete graphics chip (and no, integrated Intel graphics are not discrete, they are on-die).  Even older laptops that have discrete cards will pound all over the integrated graphics-powered laptops.

If you are looking for a desktop over a laptop, that is a different story.  400 pounds isn't really gonna get you really far, because all the peripherals are gonna run up a decent tab by themselves.  I'm not saying you can't do it, or that it's impossible, just that it will be difficult to hit 60+ FPS at full resolution and medium settings.

I see a lot of talk about laptops? Are you set on one? For the same price you can get a way better computer. It will have to be decently well if you want to run ark at high settings - Are you able to order the parts and put it together yourself? Would save a LOT of money. Some computer stores also do this for you, for a fee.

I dont have much to add except helping you to get it easier - Ask on Reddit aswell its a lot more populated. Guarantee you will get a few good answers there aswell as here :) Goodbye fellow Xboxian! 

Hey im from ps4 and played for a long time there, i built my first PC like 3 years ago and never did anything with it cause i dont really like PC, ended up buying ark during the latest sale. I cant give you much advice on a pc for that money, but i went to pcpartpicker.com and just plugged random stuff into a build template. But i wanted to wish you good luck and dont let pc cucks get you down

Edit: i wouldnt get a laptop, laptops are for stepdads

Archived