Manas nerf please

Gaboesh

Why can a mana instantly freaze any person? Even if he wears prim or 1100 dura flak it doesnt matter. Manas made ground pvp litterly impossible. And all flyers are useless now. Since mana has everything, litterly everything. You can breed mana. You can have imprint on mana for reduced dmg and increased dmg, You can get good saddles of 120+.

because saddles matter when it comes to freaze time, they make wyverns and griffins completely useless, every wyvern and griffin gets instantly frozen because it cant have saddle. Now how is that fair?

manas can have everything that is OP about it but does not have the nerfs, for example: griffin and wyvern cannot breed, mana can. Griffin cant have imprint. Wyvern and mana can. Griffin and wyvern cant have saddle, mana can get crazy high saddles.

The game shoudnt be depending solely on 1 creature. Everything is useles against the mana, and that shoudnt be the case. Even if you kill a mana, by luck or by using a mana yourself. It still wont matter anything since they will have dozens of mana babies ready for the next time. Atleast when you kill a wyvern or a griffin you know they. Have to tame a new one or get a new egg,

i am sorry for this long post but I really do think their is allot of things wrong with this creature considering its freaze, imprint, saddle and breeding.

What I found unfair in multiplayer mode, is the game has an overall cap on how many tames a server can have instead of having a cap on how many tames each player can have. People complain about other players beg for dinosaurs and says stop being lazy and go tame your own dinos but how the hell are they surpose to do that if all other players has blocked that option by have max cap of tamed dinos???

Have lost all respect to multiplayer mode, no matter if it's PVE or PVP.

From a small 1-2 week sojourn on SmallTribes, I can tell you that Manas are far from the only problem with PvP.  Manas can be nerfed but people's attitudes can't be.  Chat is occasionally spammed with people saying disgusting stuff, as if everyone is a 10-yearold who got their first keyboard.  This leads to more fun like, turning off chat because you are simply tired of seeing that, hahaha...  Not a huge problem, but it's an issue, solvable as it may be only through ignoring it and just letting people do what they want.  But the big problem...

People play ARK PvP, especially on Official, like it is Call of Duty.  They think the -POINT- of the game 100% is to kill tames and people.  This is not true.  BEFORE YOU RESPOND ABOUT PVP IS PVP IS PVP, allow me to explain.  Even on 2x breeding rates, most dinos take over 2 days to raise.  On 1x it is worse, with most that people would want to raise taking upwards of 4 days to raise, and as long as 12 days.  The game would not be designed this way if everyone was just supposed to walk circles on the map and kill everything and anything.

Beach bob with a Dilo?  Kill it with a high level MEK!

Guy in his base with a decent amount of tames?  Kill all the tames with a Mana or a MEK!

Then, the people you just wiped get together and talk about how its kinda crazy that the Alpha won't even let a guy have a Dilo.

The Alpha responds in chat with something like, "because I don't want people playing here," or "you all should leave/move out."

Of course with a fresh character, in a bit more than a week I am not ready to take on the Alpha so my base has been wiped several times.   I last about 4-5 days after I get a base up and then it and what few dinos I have are wiped, because people play ARK PvP like it is Call of Duty:  You always have to be killing people, you always have to be raiding, you always have to be making sure everyone sees your cool gear as the last thing before you die.  Yes, raiding is fun, but the Alphas on this map play that way and broadcast to people that they have no intention of letting people play, and will wipe everyone who either has a dinosaur tamed, or a base built up.

Managarmr are a tool used by these same people to lock down maps, yes.  But if it's not Manas, it will be something else (Wyverns, Griffins, whatever) because the one thing that will never be changed is the mindset that ARK is built to be a copy of CoD/PUBG/Fortnite with taming and better building.

All that applies to Official though.  I spent a looooot of time on unofficial and it was basically PvE with repercussions for acting like a complete bag of tools (i.e. Really fun).

Archived