Island Swamp Cave solo

KrackenOne

I have done this cave a bunch of times, during 2x weekend I tamed a lvl 100 or so megatherium, once the tame was done it was like 130 or so. So I didn't breed it for stats or anything I just took it to the swamp cave. To get it in you have to use cryopod, then just do the cave. They get buff from killing bugs. I have never even seen my megatherium lose any HP really and it's at 8k hp. So it makes that cave extremely easy to do. Just don't forget a gas mask.

18 minutes ago, Sikaflex said:

I have done this cave a bunch of times, during 2x weekend I tamed a lvl 100 or so megatherium, once the tame was done it was like 130 or so. So I didn't breed it for stats or anything I just took it to the swamp cave. To get it in you have to use cryopod, then just do the cave. They get buff from killing bugs. I have never even seen my megatherium lose any HP really and it's at 8k hp. So it makes that cave extremely easy to do. Just don't forget a gas mask.

Teh anthros kill the mask....

19 minutes ago, Sikaflex said:

Will try a mega

A good tamed baryonix (no cryopod needed ) , preferably with a good saddle, one gas mask and a pump shotgun. You don't need more than that. Don't hit arthropluera with your dino, kill them with shotgun because they reflect damage.

Most of the time arthropluera hit the baryonix and not the character so they don't break the mask.

1 hour ago, KrackenOne said:

Teh anthros kill the mask....

Dont get hit. Seriously. 

I do the cave probably two times a week solo, the key is bringing a 2nd dino in to act as a artho shield. I use a frog for paste, and a hyeanadon. I run up, kill bugs then when my hyeana is there jump back, let artho get on it and then help kill them. I could and do the whole cave like this, since cryopods I bring a mega aswell just to make it fast. Recently ive brought two frogs in, simply for extra paste and it works the same. 

An ascendant gas mask can take 2 or 3 hits before breaking, my old MC took 90% dmg each hit (so 2 hits) I prefer this over ghillie and scuba as if you need to, you just need to switch out the mask.

You need to know where the artho spawn and anticipate them

I used to use just a Bary, it works wonders IF you can always keep the bary facing the artho, carno works even better for not getting spit on except its a bit slower. Bring a 2nd tame in to guarantee easier times, whistle attack this target to send thrm in the rooms first

Edit: The last room is the worst for suprise artho. Two spawn behind the red drops (towards artifact) so they tend to come after youve cleared the room, dont get hit by these. I barely make it out on HP (450 hp) from there, most will probably die.

I love using baryoynx with a pack of hyaenadons. You can use a carno instead of the bary, the carno apparantly is better at blocking the athro spit but I hate the carnos area of attack. I just send the hyaenadons ahead to deal with the more dangerous stuff especially the athros. The only thing that annoys me about the hyaenadon method is the pathing issues. I switch out my baryoynx to a nicely bred up frog if I am doing a cemening paste run.

Take multiple gasmasks if you can aswell as the ghillie/scuba combination just in case. 

34 minutes ago, KrackenOne said:

Taming one as we speak

Even a tamed one with a prim saddle will WRECK anything there. Their bug buff is not to be understated in there. It cannot move between the 1st main room and secondarty room (to the river-ish room wher the 2nd and 3rd drops are located) so you can either:

Deploy after 1st small hallway, clear 1st water room, go right to drop and by the time you get back to 1st water room you should only have about 40-60 seconds left on cryo. I like to rush to past the tight hallway, throw it in the room, whistle neutral and run back let it decimate the room, then jump on it. You will deploy it again aftef the drop, past the second tight hallway and it can traverse the whole rest of cave.

Or 2: clear the first drop, deploy it for the rest. I personally would do the 1st method as you really only have to wait like 30 seconds. If you want paste still while riding the mega, have a frog follow you and when bugs swarm just sit there let the frog kill them (you will take almost no dmg) 

Yea, with a megatherium I am still using the same gas mask I have used in the cave several times before, I don't take any damage.

There is one spot in the cave right when you go in at the first pond that if you want to get back out you have to repod him but do it after you kill everything.

If you go left once you're at the first pond you can shimmy through backwards and then also shimmy back in by looking left, so I dont worry about podding there. It's only if you want to go back out to the main entrance that you would need to pod. Some people leave their mega there at the first pond (using two, one to get you to that part) but I don't. I take it all the way back out to where you enter. Of course you would need to repod a second time if you want to exit all the way back to the forest.

Tame a Basilo. Go try to find some tusos. Kill the tusos. Get the substrate. Craft some gas masks. Go to the cave with some good ghillie armor and the gas masks. As a mount i would recommend a Bary or a Megatherium (havent tried it though), if you have some Cryopods.

Take care when going to the cave. When I tried to do the cave the first time, the stupid Microraptors and Purlovias shredded half of my armor. The best way would be flying with an Argie over the woods, until you are above the entrance. Then just fly to the ground. 

Archived