OSD recommendations

Gaia89

yellow drops are somewhat simple, if its a friend and yourself, a mana and a high level rex or decent giga will be more than enough. 2 manas works, two rexs, etc. as for reds and for purple, that'll require more. usually a titan, preferably desert and/or ice. purple's require normally a larger group to help kite the enraged rex's and trikes. hopefully this helps and others can chip in more/better guidance.

happy drop hunting!

Also depends on the drop location, some drops are easier than others just due its location and the location of the lanes. Some red drops can be done with 2 gigas just because the lanes are easy to manage, some red drops are harder because of said reason above, multi lanes and location of the drop. As long as you are smart about it you should never lose a raised giga to a red drop. Totally possible in a purple drop due to enraged rexes and a not so good saddle.

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 4:54 AM, starrkx said:

Also depends on the drop location, some drops are easier than others just due its location and the location of the lanes. Some red drops can be done with 2 gigas just because the lanes are easy to manage, some red drops are harder because of said reason above, multi lanes and location of the drop. As long as you are smart about it you should never lose a raised giga to a red drop. Totally possible in a purple drop due to enraged rexes and a not so good saddle.

You shouldnt unless you deploy the cryod giga on your hotbar by accident when its on cooldown.. FYI Corrupt Spinos were doing 650~ dmg a bite while unconcious 

Gigas can solo red. And for enraging, as long as you have a good saddle and imprint it shouldn't happen. I have full imprint and 90 armor, 3 enraged trikes at once couldn't even get rage to half.

You can also duo purple drops, on a case by case basis depending on location. We did the tar pit location, however the drop was well below 10k hp when we ended on wave 7. (Damn rexes). We have had gigas rage on purples, however.

6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Gigas can solo red. And for enraging, as long as you have a good saddle and imprint it shouldn't happen.

Enraging is still possible even with an insane sadddle and a good imprint. I have managed to solo one or two reds by myself now but I have failed a few times now. I use a 100% imprinted giga with a ~150 armour saddle and twice I have had the giga enrage, once was even with a mate boost. You have to be careful not to be swamped. 

On 2/28/2019 at 11:21 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Gigas can solo red. And for enraging, as long as you have a good saddle and imprint it shouldn't happen. I have full imprint and 90 armor, 3 enraged trikes at once couldn't even get rage to half.

You can also duo purple drops, on a case by case basis depending on location. We did the tar pit location, however the drop was well below 10k hp when we ended on wave 7. (Damn rexes). We have had gigas rage on purples, however.

What did you use for purples and how many people

Two riders, two gigas (full imprint, 1 base 385 and 1 base 425% melee) 90 armor saddle for mine, higher (not sure what value) for my tribemate.

It is doable. But your success rate isn't guaranteed. Basically you can kill everything before they get to the drop, except enraged rexes, so theyll take a chunk out of the drop hp. Like i said before the attempt we did we finished wave 7 but the drop would not have survived another.

With 4 gigas, we got to wave 19.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:46 PM, Kingordep said:

I been soloing red drops with a imprinted giga with no problems i tend to lose only 5k hp with a 75 armor saddle and its 93% imprintes base dmg was 365 it have over 700% melee atm. Gigas make doing 50ks and reds super easy

What is the max health of your giga, myself and my tribe mate tried red 1st time yesterday with a 36k health/490% melee and 18k health/402% melee gigas(both were not raised but traded) but failed at last wave when 18k health/402% giga enraged and killed me when attacked by 3 enraged trikes and it died few mins later :( so we had to abandon it.

2 hours ago, Flaminjohnny said:

What is the max health of your giga, myself and my tribe mate tried red 1st time yesterday with a 36k health/490% melee and 18k health/402% melee gigas(both were not raised but traded) but failed at last wave when 18k health/402% giga enraged and killed me when attacked by 3 enraged trikes and it died few mins later :( so we had to abandon it.

It has 34k hp the biggest thing is u cant take a reg tammed one in and if u arent imprinted to it you have to be careful i tank the trikes and meter for rage never moves key is positioning 

4 breed mutated manas, 10 below bred and mut, 4 rexes bred mut, 1 tutu and season bred and mut, 2 snow owls bred and mut and if obtained ice or desert titan. Gigas also work with this army it took me 1 week to get this all done on a reasonably boosted server with my friend. Make sure to have op Gacha loot. Tek saddles also work. Reapers crabs basilisks and drakes also work but not as defences. I got through 30 waves of Dino’s on a purple no joke it was tough only the mamas and owls survived but it was done. Best loot ever 2 asc meme and asc graded tek gear. Was not asc but would be if they were graded. We were so beast. We done it with two people 10 at max but two is easily do able. Hope this helps

Start with the desert Titan, you can tame it with 2 players, quetzals, and time. Be prepared to lose some quetzals on the process, if it's your first try.
It's an amazing air support for your OSD and element spawns. But you will need admin rights to keep him alive on daily basis.

Then have some rexs or gigas to assist you on the ground (with dinos leachs, long aggro range and agressive settings), and managarms or owls for the players. Reapers kings can be a good choice too.

yellows will be easy, and red challenging.

The only challenging is purple OSD, i only done once with 2 mated boosted imprinted giga but 80+% with 2 riders and 100 armor saddles. We nearly lost our gigas cos the last wave have 3-4 enraged rex come out at once. But we still complete it with 3k hp left on our both gigas and few hundred of hp left for the drop. It advice to use some dinos to tank at the front of OSD. Using gigas are very risky if you wanna go for purple OSD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived