Structures and Resource Spawning

DeHammer

I'm aware that placing foundations within a specific distance of resources will keep the resources from re-spawning. We have an area where we placed a behemoth gate (not S+) and metal gateways (no foundations) to pen in three tamed Giga's. Immediately outside the pen are some rock & tree resources that I've been harvesting for a good long while after building the pen. Suddenly, the resources aren't re-spawning any longer. I tried to think if anything had changed. Then I remembered that the other day I discovered our feeding trough there was the standard (legacy) version and not the S+ version; so I swapped it with an S+ feeding trough. Curiously I have another area where metal resources stopped re-spawning after planting a sign & torch nearby.

Do S+ structures impact resource re-spawning? If not, are there any other items/structures that will block resource re-spawning besides foundations? 

FYI, in case it matters... private non-official PVE server, running latest version with a few mods, including classic fliers and S+. 

47 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

I'm aware that placing foundations within a specific distance of resources will keep the resources from re-spawning. We have an area where we placed a behemoth gate (not S+) and metal gateways (no foundations) to pen in three tamed Giga's. Immediately outside the pen are some rock & tree resources that I've been harvesting for a good long while after building the pen. Suddenly, the resources aren't re-spawning any longer. I tried to think if anything had changed. Then I remembered that the other day I discovered our feeding trough there was the standard (legacy) version and not the S+ version; so I swapped it with an S+ feeding trough. Curiously I have another area where metal resources stopped re-spawning after planting a sign & torch nearby.

Do S+ structures impact resource re-spawning? If not, are there any other items/structures that will block resource re-spawning besides foundations? 

FYI, in case it matters... private non-official PVE server, running latest version with a few mods, including classic fliers and S+. 

there is a adjustment you can make that alow resource to re spawn closer to buildings i think im sure i have seen it   then u should u use supper fert to get back the  stuff that dont re spawn so u got some i dear what is working in distance   but setting in the ini file in there server i can not remember what one or name under look under all building  names in the ini  something should be there 

i hope this helps you i had same problem

So it appears that the S+ feeding troughs, and I'm guessing all S+ items & structures, cause resource spawning to stop within a specific range. I tested it out by moving over the S+ feeding trough that I had put in place. Once moved over another 50' of so ingame, the resources that weren't re-spawning returned. 

Is this common knowledge... something most people are aware of? 

31 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

So it appears that the S+ feeding troughs, and I'm guessing all S+ items & structures, cause resource spawning to stop within a specific range. I tested it out by moving over the S+ feeding trough that I had put in place. Once moved over another 50' of so ingame, the resources that weren't re-spawning returned. 

Is this common knowledge... something most people are aware of? 

Read the in-game description of the S+ trough and you'll see the answer. Also note that S+ troughs have a MUCH bigger range than vanilla ones.

3 minutes ago, Wikus said:

Read the in-game description of the S+ trough and you'll see the answer. Also note that S+ troughs have a MUCH bigger range than vanilla ones.

You're right! It's right there in plain text for all to read. Good to know. Thanks.

I will definitely be more selective about when I use the S+ stuff. 

Just now, DeHammer said:

You're right! It's right there in plain text for all to read. Good to know. Thanks.

I will definitely be more selective about when I use the S+ stuff. 

Also , a very handy thing it has , on the trough's radial menu there is an option "show range". That will put a big blue bubble that shows exactly how far it reaches. Very handy to decide where to place it.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:49 AM, Wikus said:

I think it's one of the few things from S+ that does it. Most S+ items do not seem to block spawns. Don't know about tek items yet.

Archived