Solo Boss Fight - Worried About Crashing?

Sikaflex

39 minutes ago, Kingordep said:

Yes if u crash you will lose all your stuff dinos . Have a friend tag along just to be safe. What i do solo is take my sons pc and have his character mount a dino and just afk that way if i crash i dont lose all my tames

Thanks alot, I will have to do something like that too.

2 hours ago, Doodles said:

Great.  I have been nervous to do my first boss fight and now I'm extra nervous!  Damn!

LOL, me too! I crash at random sometimes, not often, but I do.

The fact I spent all this time breeding up 19 boss Rexs solo only to lose them all to a crash is extremely daunting.

If you crash during a boss fight they should pause the fight and put you back in the arena when you log back in (if you're the only one in the arena). The reason I believe they don't allow your fight to continue without you online is due to possible abuse/hacking. For instance, if you crash and they send your dinos back to obelisk, or let them continue fighting, people would crash on purpose to get out before they lose the fight, or before their character dies. They would need to make sure these types of intentional "crashes" aka pulling the cord, don't happen. By this I think the best route is just putting you back into the fight where you left off.

3 hours ago, Sikaflex said:

LOL, me too! I crash at random sometimes, not often, but I do.

The fact I spent all this time breeding up 19 boss Rexs solo only to lose them all to a crash is extremely daunting.

If you crash during a boss fight they should pause the fight and put you back in the arena when you log back in (if you're the only one in the arena). The reason I believe they don't allow your fight to continue without you online is due to possible abuse/hacking. For instance, if you crash and they send your dinos back to obelisk, or let them continue fighting, people would crash on purpose to get out before they lose the fight, or before their character dies. They would need to make sure these types of intentional "crashes" aka pulling the cord, don't happen. By this I think the best route is just putting you back into the fight where you left off.

Are you console or PC? Try turning off name plates, it will significantly improve your chances to not get kicked. I also always look right at the ground, it seems to help in heavy situations (logging in, teleporting / bedhopping) whether it actually does is another question.. it works for me though on original xbox

Archived