Need Guidance for underwater exploring

Dhruvlol

i found 1 basilo.. tried to attack the manta and accidentally attacked basilo.. it ran away and i somehow killed the manta pack.. theni explored some more and found one just near south haven.. this time i attacked a nearby manta and they all came to attack me.. i killed all of em and all the surrounding megalodon.. then i proceeded to taming basilo with raw meat.. around 70% taming progress a shark came and i attacked him before he could get close to my basilo.. now i killed the shark.. but surprisingly my basilo taming metter starting dropping at the rate of 0.3% per second i dont understand why.. but with great difficulty i somehow managed to make it reach 90% but then it started dropping with double the speed.. had to summon 3 raw mutton to finish the last job altho i might have cheated a little but my consciousness says that it was fair since its meter started dropping.. i then fed it with the raw meat of 5 dead triceratops to ease the little bit guilt in me and now i have a cute chirping giant dolphin, any name ideas? ?

That's awesome!  Not sure why it's taming meter started dropping, maybe 'cause it was attacked mid-tame?  Usually best to keep a good distance except when you move in for the feeding so enemies won't make ya hit it on accident.  But congratulations on yer first tame!  As for names, I am the worst person to ask for that so I'll defer judgement to someone with better tastes XD

28 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

That's awesome!  Not sure why it's taming meter started dropping, maybe 'cause it was attacked mid-tame?  Usually best to keep a good distance except when you move in for the feeding so enemies won't make ya hit it on accident.  But congratulations on yer first tame!  As for names, I am the worst person to ask for that so I'll defer judgement to someone with better tastes XD

I knew its taming meter would drop if i let it too close.. but man.. i saw the megalodon from such a distance that was barely visible and attacked it.. hmm ?.. maybe it was his friend or something no? Well jokes aside it could be a bug too.. i googled for similiar cases and found few result that this happens only with basilo.. Although just out of curiosity.. i wanna ask.. the manta with surround him to attack him or protect him or steal his oil or something? 

17 minutes ago, Dhruvlol said:

I knew its taming meter would drop if i let it too close.. but man.. i saw the megalodon from such a distance that was barely visible and attacked it.. hmm ?.. maybe it was his friend or something no? Well jokes aside it could be a bug too.. i googled for similiar cases and found few result that this happens only with basilo.. Although just out of curiosity.. i wanna ask.. the manta with surround him to attack him or protect him or steal his oil or something? 

The manta are parasidic in nature, feeding off its food scraps and organisms off its body.

When you feed a basil it gushes blood a bit and attracts any sea life near it to it. Its a mechanic

On 2/22/2019 at 10:09 AM, Likeitis said:

..., or just above damage level (deep part). Just keep cirkeling the island, you will find one. PS: dont go to the bottom with your barry ?

I've seen them below crush depth.  I don't think wilds take crush damage.

The second part I agree with.  See my post above for general locations. I've spent 1500 hours in the water. Mostly hunting them for oil/ taming.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, Likeitis said:

On a side note, when i was in need for some quick oil early on, i took my anky to farm the oil nodes close to the shores. Try it sometime, you'll be suprised from the amount he can get.

There are some close oil nodes in the south, a bit east of where the beavers spawn on the island. I've used an early anky to mine those as well.

Archived