Rex stats advised to take on A Giga

Bruvas78

Over the valentine event a very lovely fellow islander sold me some rex eggs that I hatched and got imprinted, and I now have some blinking capable rexes in my arsenal. 

My only problem is that I don't have a Rex saddle BP. With this in mind, if I was to happen upon a lvl 100 giga, what health / melee level do you think would be needed to take one on? Don't want to lose them before I get a chance to get a few eggs out of them. 

Their imprinted and leveled stats are mental mind. I've got one of them to 66k / 1000%, but I know a good saddle can make or break a dino. 

I am not sure it is a good idea to fight a giga with anything except for another giga or lightning wyvern. Rex does not deal enough dps, bleeding effect will kill him faster, I think.

(I have rexes with 100k hp, 1600% mlee and 105 armour saddle. I wouldn't confront a wild gig even with two mateboosted rexes).

8 minutes ago, BlueberryJackal said:

Fighting a giga is never a good idea. 

Why, me and my friend killed a wild giga (40-50 lvl) on official pve with 2 100% imprimted gigas (150% base melee, don't remember exact stat after imprinting and leveling), we also had 2 good saddles with 90 armour or something. Both lost 30-40% of our gigas hp.

20 minutes ago, Geneweave said:

Why, me and my friend killed a wild giga (40-50 lvl) on official pve with 2 100% imprimted gigas (150% base melee, don't remember exact stat after imprinting and leveling), we also had 2 good saddles with 90 armour or something. Both lost 30-40% of our gigas hp.

Theres a difference between two gigas and a single rex, mate.

Basically, you need to be able to kill it under 100seconds if that giga is particuarly aggressive because of the bleed effect.

34 minutes ago, Geneweave said:

Its not that easy for a noob whose best dino is a lvl 250 carno. Just saying. 

But i guess, i will fight one at some point. 

If you fight gigas, fight them with things they can't fight back against.  You will not outstat a giga in a slugfest without a titan.  Use lightning wyverns. Rock drake pounce is also a ridiculously good dps strat that can avoid bites.  I would absolutely recommend managarmrs, but as of last time I tried, hitting any large creature with ice breath causes a consistent crash.

3 hours ago, Bruvas78 said:

Over the valentine event a very lovely fellow islander sold me some rex eggs that I hatched and got imprinted, and I now have some blinking capable rexes in my arsenal. 

My only problem is that I don't have a Rex saddle BP. With this in mind, if I was to happen upon a lvl 100 giga, what health / melee level do you think would be needed to take one on? Don't want to lose them before I get a chance to get a few eggs out of them. 

Their imprinted and leveled stats are mental mind. I've got one of them to 66k / 1000%, but I know a good saddle can make or break a dino. 

It's been said a few times already but I'll add some numbers in for you so the picture is a bit more clear.

The disparity of HP and damage is more the reason you shouldn't fight it, not really your saddles.  It's about the Giga's stats!

A wild Giga has 80,000 (eighty-thousand) hitpoints as a base figure, and while it doesn't scale up double or triple or quadruple or more like other wild dinos (a level 5 Rex might have 1100 HP, a level 150 might have 6000 or more) it is a massive figure nonetheless.  I cannot imagine the threat a Giga with 240,000 HP roaming around would pose to anyone under metal tier...  So thank Raptor Jesus for that!  But as I said, 80,000 hitpoints is an enormous figure few dinos are capable of approaching on Official servers (with the exception of BertNoobians' Rex line or a really bred Bronto), so that is hurdle number one.

A wild Giga also has a base melee figure of 1000 damage.  That alone turns most dinos into toothpicks at an incredible rate, but if this is a level 100 wild Giga, then an average stat value for this is 14 points (middle of the stat values of melee, with respect to what is considered "low" and "high").  Adding 14 points, like so: 

basemelee + (averagestat * wildlevelup) = expectedmelee

100 + (14 * 5) = 170

At 170% melee, the Giga gains an additional 700 damage per bite, so the 620 damage per bite (of your Rex) is eclipsed by the addition alone to the Giga's already staggering 1000 base damage (620 damage does not factor in imprinting, I know, but understand...  That will only help so much against what you are fighting).  And we haven't even discussed the bleed effect, which ticks for a percentage amount and is not affected by armor.  While I'm not certain the exact figures, you put both together and the damage output of a level 100 wild Giga is very high...  Yet again, not mentioning at all the rage mechanic which makes all Gigas (wild or tamed/bred) deal more damage, so you throw an enraged wild Giga into this casserole of nonsense and it is a recipe for dead dinos.  I'm curious, so I'll hop to singleplayer and edit this with better info on rage and the bleed-effect! 

But, the message is, eat them with another Giga, zap em with a Lightning Wyvern, or drown them.  Fire Wyverns are less effective than the Wiki might lead you to believe, and so are Poison.  After the Mana nerfs you can still probably use one of them to kill a wild Giga, it will just take ages!

3 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Well I play legacy so dunno offical highest rex stats I can tell u that a pair of rex 1 rider with 124 armor saddles can easily  take a giga with np but these are legacy rex ....

Can u tell me stats from that legacy??? To be honest I wanted to try to go for giga with my Rex but still waiting for a better saddle??? What is better to lvl up on Rex hp or meele. I m now on 70k with almost 2k meele, 100%imprinted

3 hours ago, hud said:

Can u tell me stats from that legacy??? To be honest I wanted to try to go for giga with my Rex but still waiting for a better saddle??? What is better to lvl up on Rex hp or meele. I m now on 70k with almost 2k meele, 100%imprinted

Born 38k hp 1137 melee 100% imprint I get roughly 48k hp 1375 melee so I put to 100k hp rest melee 2500 roughly the saddle is the game changer get a good bp use a crafting character  I've had to kill the giga in island tek cave many times because ppl don't listen xD

9 hours ago, hud said:

Does 2k melee means 2000% melee damage, my understanding is melee damage is mentioned in %, pls correct my if i understood that incorrectly. Thanks.

On 2/19/2019 at 9:05 PM, d1nk said:

Im suprised you didnt die, did it have a decent saddle?

When my Giga enraged and I got kicked from the saddle I thought it died and I sprinted away. I quickly realized it was still fighting and they were both super bloody. I dashed back and wailed on the wild Gigas ankle with my mastetcraft sword. I died from collateral damage but we had a bed nearby at Wyvern trench so I quickly got back to my body and the tribes Giga that I nearly killed.

So yeah, tl;dr Wild Gigas are not to be taken lightly

15 minutes ago, Rattasaur said:

When my Giga enraged and I got kicked from the saddle I thought it died and I sprinted away. I quickly realized it was still fighting and they were both super bloody. I dashed back and wailed on the wild Gigas ankle with my mastetcraft sword. I died from collateral damage but we had a bed nearby at Wyvern trench so I quickly got back to my body and the tribes Giga that I nearly killed.

So yeah, tl;dr Wild Gigas are not to be taken lightly

Wow. I am so glad I asked the question that was a hilarious story. Awesome man

Archived