Community Crunch 169: Valentine's Day Event Concluding & Upcoming Server Maintenance!

Jen

13 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

I’ve played every version, including mobile and Switch. The only time I haven’t experienced major problems is with a $4k+ PC. 

I’m not suggesting that Abstraction isn’t getting the short-end of the stick. What I am saying is that WC isn’t telling Abstraction anything because they have no certainty, and anyone familiar with business knows you can’t go around discussing negotiations with anyone outside. Not to diminish Abstraction’s role, but it’s the same as not telling your landscaping company about what’s going on with a property you are renting. These types of negotiations are confidential and Abstraction isn’t a part of the NDAs, nor should they be at that level. 

I agree, it’s no good for the players or the developer teams that could provide solutions, but I also understand that WC isn’t going to put more funding into a project for a Nintendo version if certain conditions aren’t met.

In my case, I contacted with Abstraction as press media, in search of official statements about the state of this version. The distributor in my country, Koch Media, who provided us the game for review, could not contact Studio Wildcard, as our attempts to contact them also received no response.

Of course I know it's an NDA, I work every day with them. The first thing is that you don't know what NDA may have signed Abstraction with Studio Wildcard, second, Abstraction simply communicating the situation of a project, after waiting more than two months receiving messages from a community that does not receive a response by any means of communication.

In NextN, the website that I represent, we have even been insulted by users for simply posting on social networks pictures of the game, for supporting Studio Wildcard. It's very sad to try to fight for something, to support it, and that their own creators don't try to support their own video game. Now we're here less and less players, no longer tired of the quality of the game, but of the lack of communication and the transparency of Studio Wildcard, something that could be fixed simply mentioning in one of these weekly posts what they are going to do with the Nintendo Switch version. Instead, the only news we've had since its launch are several events in which the Nintendo Switch version has been excluded, and the announcement of the closure of some servers. We don't know anything about updates, or DLC, or anything at all.

The only thing we want is to know what will happen with this version, to know if we can continue playing, if we can continue to recommend this game, or if we should abandon it already.

Edited by Alias79

4 hours ago, Alias79 said:

In my case, I contacted with Abstraction as press media, in search of official statements about the state of this version. The distributor in my country, Koch Media, who provided us the game for review, could not contact Studio Wildcard, as our attempts to contact them also received no response.

Of course I know it's an NDA, I work every day with them. The first thing is that you don't know what NDA may have signed Abstraction with Studio Wildcard, second, Abstraction simply communicating the situation of a project, after waiting more than two months receiving messages from a community that does not receive a response by any means of communication.

In NextN, the website that I represent, we have even been insulted by users for simply posting on social networks pictures of the game, for supporting Studio Wildcard. It's very sad to try to fight for something, to support it, and that their own creators don't try to support their own video game. Now we're here less and less players, no longer tired of the quality of the game, but of the lack of communication and the transparency of Studio Wildcard, something that could be fixed simply mentioning in one of these weekly posts what they are going to do with the Nintendo Switch version. Instead, the only news we've had since its launch are several events in which the Nintendo Switch version has been excluded, and the announcement of the closure of some servers. We don't know anything about updates, or DLC, or anything at all.

The only thing we want is to know what will happen with this version, to know if we can continue playing, if we can continue to recommend this game, or if we should abandon it already.

I totally get where you’re coming from, but an announcement from WC explaining that they don’t know the future for Switch isn’t going to get you anything you don’t already have. It’s not just a matter of non-disclosures either, because you don’t go around  making statements about negotiations before anything is finalized when one side or the other can completely change their mind and suddenly invalidate anything said public. Misinformation is always worse than silence, just ask Bethesda. 

Moreover, and nothing personal, but it’s also unprofessional to hijack and derail a thread to go on a rant about a company being appropriately cautious about making statements concerning confidential discussions of uncertainty. Frankly, if I were representing either or any side, I would avoid contact with anyone engaging in that type of conduct. 

Nevertheless, I am sorry you don’t know the future of Ark for Switch. Personally, I don’t think they should have ever bothered with porting to the platform at all. Currently, my primary concern is getting that d**n CHATBOX moved back to the previous location on console, and all this focus on an obviously novice ‘journalist’ trying to make a name for themself is a distraction from simpler more feasible improvements to the game, in general. 

7 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

I totally get where you’re coming from, but an announcement from WC explaining that they don’t know the future for Switch isn’t going to get you anything you don’t already have. It’s not just a matter of non-disclosures either, because you don’t go around  making statements about negotiations before anything is finalized when one side or the other can completely change their mind and suddenly invalidate anything said public. Misinformation is always worse than silence, just ask Bethesda. 

Moreover, and nothing personal, but it’s also unprofessional to hijack and derail a thread to go on a rant about a company being appropriately cautious about making statements concerning confidential discussions of uncertainty. Frankly, if I were representing either or any side, I would avoid contact with anyone engaging in that type of conduct. 

Nevertheless, I am sorry you don’t know the future of Ark for Switch. Personally, I don’t think they should have ever bothered with porting to the platform at all. Currently, my primary concern is getting that d**n CHATBOX moved back to the previous location on console, and all this focus on an obviously novice ‘journalist’ trying to make a name for themself is a distraction from simpler more feasible improvements to the game, in general. 

"novice journalist trying to make a name for themself" this has made me funny ;). You're not understanding anything, I think that simply because it's not of your interest. Seeing your point of view, it's not worth continuing with this conversation. I hope you get the CHATBOX to the position of your dreams. 

Hey if wildcard could add more cool tek items like a character reconstruction station to remake your characters appearence that would be cool! At the cost of element of course maybe even tek air vehicles and underwater it would make a lot of things on ark intresting for sure in my opinion anyone else think so too?

Hey if wildcard could add more cool tek items like a character reconstruction station to remake your characters appearence that would be cool! At the cost of element of course maybe even tek air vehicles and underwater it would make a lot of things on ark intresting for sure in my opinion anyone else think so too?

Ok so I play Xbox and I play single player but how do I transfer my single player character from ragnerok to abberation so I can play extinction as intended as you can't get those engrams in extinction and frankly this is rather annoying of a problem I don't like to use admin cheats so please help me make me not have to use them

17 hours ago, Gaige117 said:

Ok so I play Xbox and I play single player but how do I transfer my single player character from ragnerok to abberation so I can play extinction as intended as you can't get those engrams in extinction and frankly this is rather annoying of a problem I don't like to use admin cheats so please help me make me not have to use them

You can upload your character to transfer at an obelisk. However, beware that Aberration can be an extremely difficult map to transfer out of, because the obelisks are in the harshest environments and are surrounded by deadly creatures. I’ve known several players that had a character stuck on Aberration for days, if not, weeks. There is no shame in enabling creative mode and spawning in a Tek Transmitter and some element to exit that map.

Note: Any items you wish to transfer must be uploaded one at a time to the data tab, NOT THE TRIBUTE. Any items still in your inventory when you transfer will be dropped and lost. 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:08 AM, MicZee said:

3 times was fast therefore an event, its for a balance between a casual players and hardcore. can you imagine what the hardcores would do with 3 x on a regular basis? you can kiss goodbye to a casual player's gameplay

I understand what you are getting at. But hardcore gamers will always be hardcore. Regardless if it’s 3x, they are always pumping out larger dinos. Especially mega tribes with the amount of people always able to take over.

My thought is that it would help bring casual players close to hardcore gameplay. But maybe a compromise of 2x with the same food requirements. Idk.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 8:02 AM, DFritz said:

I understand what you are getting at. But hardcore gamers will always be hardcore. Regardless if it’s 3x, they are always pumping out larger dinos. Especially mega tribes with the amount of people always able to take over.

My thought is that it would help bring casual players close to hardcore gameplay. But maybe a compromise of 2x with the same food requirements. Idk.

yea you are right, apologies , missed the reply lol!

On 2/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, ArkP1 said:

Note: Any items you wish to transfer must be uploaded one at a time to the data tab, NOT THE TRIBUTE. Any items still in your inventory when you transfer will be dropped and lost. 

I know this is kind of an old/irrelevant thread but the person above bumped it and saw this comment.

It appears something has changed here, as I had someone help me get off of Aberration and my items remained with me on the next map. Unless its unique to Prim+.

2 minutes ago, Aikar said:

I know this is kind of an old/irrelevant thread but the person above bumped it and saw this comment.

It appears something has changed here, as I had someone help me get off of Aberration and my items remained with me on the next map. Unless its unique to Prim+.

I’m not very familiar with Primitive+, so I don’t know. However, I believe if you use a transmitter it also transfers items in your inventory. I’m sure there are exceptions, but the safest method, in my opinion, is the data tab. Using the data tab also allows you to share items in the same game type with other characters you may have. Personally, I create a character for each map that I play on in order to avoid having to transfer my character.