Community Crunch 169: Valentine's Day Event Concluding & Upcoming Server Maintenance!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

ARK: Valentine's Day Event Concludes!

large.Valentines_Couple_2.jpg

Our Valentine's Day event has concluded as of February 18th midnight 12:00 UTC. However we will not be redeploying servers to officially end the event until 10am PST tomorrow, Tuesday meaning that event rates will continue until 10am PST tomorrow.

Event items and creatures will only stop appearing after your server has been restarted. Event items such as candies and chocolate will not despawn after the event concludes.

Upcoming Server Maintenance!

On February 20th beginning at 7am EST we will be conducting a small maintenance on a portion of our NA Official Servers. We anticipate the full maintenance duration to take a few hours however the servers will be booted back up shortly after they are taken down, which should minimize individual downtime.

On March 4th we will be reorganising our Switch network to better allocate servers to serve our player base. At the link below is a list of servers that will be taken down so please be sure to migrate to a server that is not present on the removal list.

Customer Support Relocated!

Our report abuse form here on the forums has been relocated to Zendesk to better facilitate our Customer Support's ability to communicate with players. The submission process for your reports will remain unchanged, but responses and further communication will come from Zendesk so be sure those messages do not go into your spam by mistake.

Structures Plus (S+) & Kibble Rework Beta!

large.image-(1).jpg

The Structures Plus and Kibble Rework beta is still available and we're looking for additional feedback as we get closer to release of these features in the near future. We plan to have one more update to the beta for testing before the final version is released to the main game.

Please check out the post below for all of the information on how you can get involved in play testing this beta.

Fan Feature of the Week!

51F94B739BE7364DF68A85E110639FC858996326

Valentine raptors by Albina Diamond

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 22nd of February at 1 PM EST until Monday the 25th of February at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

18 minutes ago, Craziienation said:

Okay think we can get more information about when kibble rework and s + plus patch notes for the ending of the valentine event tommorow and are you sure it's 2x this weekend no cancelling wildcard 

Oh no, they cancelled 1 evo event over the other 51 in the year because a more OP event was on. Oh the humanity.

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Oh no, they cancelled 1 evo event over the other 51 in the year because a more OP event was on. Oh the humanity.

Yes but considering their was event Dino's people was breeding from beginning to weekend and plans on taming event Dino's and gathering their resources over the weekend only got notice on Friday before Evo was ment to start it was all good Monday and by Friday cancelled with a hours notice thankfully they extended the valentine event for another 22 hours so silver linings

I hate to be one of those only commenting with negative thoughts, but some people rely on events like this to experience other aspects of the game and plan their game play around it.

In my case it was a Giga raise, something too time consuming to try on normal rates when you have work and IRL things to balance out with game time. I took the x3 opportunity to have a crack at that, and getting most of the way through before the event "ended" I had to Cryo my raise.

Finding out that I could have had it out for close to an extra 24hrs at this point is disappointing. The event end date was published and I adjusted my game play for that. The extension would normally have been appreciated but in this case it is not.

• Thanks 3

What sucks for me the most is that I want to get involved with nodding but my PC is on the fritz I have the unreal engine downloaded and everything but my PC needs to be updated or I jus need to buy a new one but I can't afford neither one. So all i can do is jus communicate via Android. This bites dino-ass for sure.

Edited by KoondoggOfRagnarok

26 minutes ago, Bazookajack85 said:

Players: we want breeding

Wc: heres 2x taming

Players: no we want breeding

Wc: heres a breeding event

Players: we want 2x taming.

Smdh sometimes i wish it would go back to the original rates just so players would know how good they have it.

Not trying to be overly priggish Bazookajack...  But the real story is:

Players:  A breeding event would be nice.

WC:  OK, we will give you doodz 3x breeding for 4 days and 2x taming/gathering through the weekend.

Players:  Wow, that is awesome!

WC, in the 11th hour and 59th minute:  Actually...  Naah.  No taming/gathering.

Players:  Ummm...  Why...  ?

WC:  ................................

EDIT:  Using the rationale that chocolates make 1x tames as effective as 2x tames (so therefore the cancellation of 2x is justified) is inaccurate.  It gets it close, but isn't as good sadly.  I had a really good event so far, tamed many things, some hilariously colorful stuff!  But it is the unexplained rug-pulling about the 2x that people are most likely to be bent about, and that is what I tried to convey.  I hope you understand.

Edited by TheDonn
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, Chipsy said:

Cant you change servers?

Depending on his server Chipsy, it wouldn't do any good!  The majority of Rag and Center servers are at cap or hovering very very near.  Be it dino salesmen trying to force sales (I have personally seen this:  "KILL YOUR DINOS AND BUY MINE LOL!  YOU CAN'T TAME ANYWAYS LOL!!1"), a hostile player tossing out enough cryopods to over-cap the server (seen this too, someone was Dev wiped for holding the server hostage with un-cryo-death), or just a plethora of barns and tamers (a lot of people actually play this friggin game!), many of those very-popular servers see "too many tamed creatures" when people try to tame.  Even many Island servers are at or near cap, as are some Scorched Earth servers and EVEN some Extinction (the new DLC map) servers.

2 hours ago, Craziienation said:

Yes but considering their was event Dino's people was breeding from beginning to weekend and plans on taming event Dino's and gathering their resources over the weekend only got notice on Friday before Evo was ment to start it was all good Monday and by Friday cancelled with a hours notice thankfully they extended the valentine event for another 22 hours so silver linings

There’s always this weekend but you’ve got that entitlement down to a T. 1 weekend out of 52 and people lose their poop. You guys claim to have a life...

Edited by SaltyMonkey
  • Facepalm 2

On March 4th we will be reorganising our Switch network to better allocate servers to serve our player base. At the link below is a list of servers that will be taken down so please be sure to migrate to a server that is not present on the removal list.

so you guys made an incomplete game and don’t update it and don’t say one word about it since release, yet core players stayed on and put in 100s to 1000s of hours and now you don’t want to pay to keep even servers running so you at shutting down half of them? Great. Glad my maxed out base will now be trashed in two weeks 

5 hours ago, Eviga said:

So the first word ever on the Switch Version since the release is that several servers will be taken down?

Well I guess thats it then. Goodbye Switch Version Support.

I am out now.

In case you didn't know, Wildcard refuses to communicate with the company they got to port the game over, despite that company wanting to fix the switch version. WC literally just ran away with the money and stopped updating the game. I truly hope they get sued by Nintendo or Abstract Games for such a despicable thing to do. 

8 minutes ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

In case you didn't know, Wildcard refuses to communicate with the company they got to port the game over, despite that company wanting to fix the switch version. WC literally just ran away with the money and stopped updating the game. I truly hope they get sued by Nintendo or Abstract Games for such a despicable thing to do. 

Is there any kind of source for this?  I'd like more information as a Switch fan myself, I am genuinely curious!