Does anyone know how to increase your Dodos size on mobile?

Nitrex

We have been taming for over 2 weeks and it is a long process.  You can find wild dodos around 1.2 size, but hard to find high level and big size.  Keep your largest male dodo only and breed large females.  After each clutch is matured, kill off your smaller females.  Get an oviraptor because it increases your chance of twins and triplets.  Depending on how many tame slots you can work with, the more females you have the better.  They do produce feathers, but not often.  We have 6 females and get maybe 2 feathers a day.  Larger ones may produce more feathers, I am not sure.  But I do get feathers from my male dodo, contrary to what I have read.  Side note: Largest size we now have is 1.9, but I hatched twins Monday and they are maturing 4x as slow, so I think they may be over 2.0 size when mature, but it will take 4x as long to see, lol.

I'm up to 2.78, they take the same time to mature it appears, unless your working with a mutated blood line, then they can grow faster.

If you get tripplets make sure you breeding them, it appears that it increases the chance off spring will have multiples. My equss just had tripplets. My bear has tripplets a lot.  remember you need to breed a weight stat of at least 119 lbs or you can't ride it. And that's with ghillie armor only hotbar items and no ammo.

I have a 500 mele stat and they still only do about 250 damage. I hope with larger scale they do more dmg more weight but still the minimum ridable size and excavator bit they are amazing at gathering berries.. they just can't carry much. And each level in weight is less then 5 points if I remember right.

If you want to use them for attacking make sure you use a pair of males so they rage with familial bonding.

To make sure you don't miss feathers, I sat mine on a ramp, so all the poop eggs and feathers roll down. Feathers don't roll so they are in the middle of the ramp usually, and if you due the dodo it changes the colors between white and black. I've only found white and black. 

A weight boost would be nice on the dodo. I gave up breeding stats and size at the same time. I'm just going for size then I will breed in stats. Had to stop breeding for a while, they frustrated me. I just started breeding them again once I made a new barn from them and equss. I put two large Dino gates inside the building using the buildings corner, as a mating pen. It's like 4 high and 4*7  but my server went down and nintrado won't take my money so I can't give exact numbers.

9 hours ago, gorefangs said:

I'm up to 2.78, they take the same time to mature it appears, unless your working with a mutated blood line, then they can grow faster.

That is weird then.  I do not know what has happened to this set of twins then.  They are taking forever to mature.  A lot longer than any other dodo.  Even longer than sabers.

I play single player. So the mechanics are going to be a bit different for me. However I’m just a hair shy of 3.0 for my male and highest female. The babies now take forever to raise. When I started I could easily stay in my coop and raise a bunch of dodos. Now once I have my eggs hatched I have to go find a bunch of stuff to do. I’m curious to know how big these dodos can get. 

Mines bigger!!!!!

is that your base, or just your barn? whats it look like?!

In my experiance, the ovaraptor has nothing to do with the offspring or feathers, just the amount of eggs they lay. What does seem to effect feathers, is when im in the area they lay a lot more. It lasts for 1 hour,, so i can leave base and come back and have no feathers... now if i lurk around the base for an hour i will have at least 3 feathers. with or without the ovaraptor.

Oh dude, this morning I pulled a 3.80 I think? It's about 4 walls tall.

Keep two blood lines. One for size one for stats.

You can leap frog sizes.

So you have a male and female of the largest size just breeding together just for size. Mate them like 3 times for off spring. Take the biggest and use it to breed for size, take the others put them aside and breed them for stats. Then when you have stats stabilized size doesn't matter as long as you have size breeders.

Because once your secondd pool of dodo has a consistent level of stats you breed it in with the size stat dodo until you get an off spring that's close enough to the large parent to replace it. This took me a week to set up.

Breed for size and stats in two separate blood lines. And then make a third blood line of A and B mashed together. Blood line C will become your primary blood line at this point.

I had the same thing happen they wouldn't cooperate so I killed ALL of them but the two biggest and just kept for size.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:28 PM, docredduke10 said:

@gorefangsThat is my dodo barn, lol.  Have you been able to go back and breed in attack and health stats.  We have stopped breeding for size to put in damage, but the offspring are not cooperating.

Im at 3.5 my biggest... Just 3.5 it should be 3.50. but yeah its a little over 2.5 walls tall.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived