Extnction Creature Spawn Mechanics

AngrySaltire

Ok I have to ask. How does wild creature spawns work in Extinction ? In the rest of the game creatures seems to wait till your out of render range. In extinction it doesnt seem to matter. Stuff just seems to spawn in front of you, notice this happen a lot. Just had a corrupted giga spawn right on top of me and ruin a 145 gasbag tame. Got that sucker to 97% taming too.... hahaha

17 minutes ago, S0DA said:

This kind of spawm seems to be provoked by a close Element Nodes or Orbital drops,

during waves, not necessarly at the beginning of it (so you don't hear the new/end wave sound when it happens)

that's why you see only corrupted dino doing this

i doubt/never saw normal dinos respawning like that

Ive seen bears, stegos, brontos pop up within 5 meters of me.

2 hours ago, S0DA said:

i doubt/never saw normal dinos respawning like that

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Ive seen bears, stegos, brontos pop up within 5 meters of me.

The normal stegos that spawned on top of me were literally on top of me. Was attacking an OSD shield to hurry it along to clear the drop and I hit the stegos as they spawned in with my manas melee attack.

I don't think it has anything to do with wasteland or not, during most of my city tames, defence units, raptors, dillos, trikes, etc all spawn within meters of what I'm taming - particularly the DU's, it seems almost intentional half the time. Like the game saying - are you paying attention - tee hee!
About a week or so ago I was taming a 145 doed in the cooler part of the city trench by green oby. I had it surrounded with about 8 spike walls and by the time the tame had finished there were no less than 3 enforcers that has spawned in and were stuck on the spikes, some inside, some outside. 

17 hours ago, aetherson said:

Corrupted or not, dinos can spawn right in the mouth of your rex, when you ride it in the Wastelands... Sometime it's funny like a lvl 12 dilo, and sometime it's a lvl 240 corrupted gigano...

They won't spawn as 240 the highest corrupted giganoto is 150. Or consistent 100 in King Titan.

On 19 February 2019 at 9:44 AM, AngrySaltire said:

Ok I have to ask. How does wild creature spawns work in Extinction ? In the rest of the game creatures seems to wait till your out of render range. In extinction it doesnt seem to matter. Stuff just seems to spawn in front of you, notice this happen a lot. Just had a corrupted giga spawn right on top of me and ruin a 145 gasbag tame. Got that sucker to 97% taming too.... hahaha

Wild dinos on extinction in general will spawn in front of you, (well it's actually present on other maps too but there's a mechanic for it).

In the wasteland any dino whether corrupted or normal will spawn anywhere, regardless of player presence or not, this is also kinda taken into the biomes but to a lesser extent (range is further, so they cannot spawn on top of you unlike wasteland)

And for the longest time on ark, when taming a dino the game will force spawn dinos if possible to mess with your tame, this is generally just out of viewing distance or hidden around a corner. (You'll notice this because even if you foundation over a large area, somehow dinos bypass the spawn blocking)

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 12:14 AM, Pellao said:

And for the longest time on ark, when taming a dino the game will force spawn dinos if possible to mess with your tame, this is generally just out of viewing distance or hidden around a corner. (You'll notice this because even if you foundation over a large area, somehow dinos bypass the spawn blocking)

I have never heard of nor experienced this o.O Might just be coincidence

Archived