Achatina

gorefangs

So are rhese things buggy or am I using them wrong. Sometimes ill check and it will have stacks of 10 like, i forget how many exactly. 

But then i go check and they havent made any polymer. I thought someone was stealing it and just driving me crazy, so i took them out of wooden cages, put them behind locked walls, amd the only thing in the inv. It paste.

Ive taken them off wander and back on, moved em around renamed them.. everything a player with admin could do. 

It reminded me of the dung beetle issue, where rhey were bugged, so i did all the tech support steps to fix the dung beeetle on the snail and nothing.

Emptied inv. Picked up moved, off on wander reset server.. 

I found that it just decays very fast. Even in the snail. It has to be on wander, but i have mine weighted down so he can't actually move. But he really is stingy on the polymer. If you don't check at just the right time, it's almost like it all decays at once, since the stacks are so small. Took me quite awhile to craft my ghille gear with just my measly one snail. And he is a very picky eater too. 

See, thats what i dont understand either, the wiki says the polymer is supposed to last longer in the snail, then in the preserving bin. I can fill a bin with polymer and ilk still have a few stacks in the morning. 

But shouldnt it at least make polymer at a rate that cancels the decay?

Like if it takes 10 mins to decay, shouldnt the snail make at least 1 every 10 mins? (Example dont know real numbers) 

Its lije you gotta camp the snail to get anything. 

Cakes arent too bad if you have a dust garden.

I don't have a dust garden, I'm fairly new, and play alone now on my own server, so some things are difficult for me to do unfortunately. I do know there is a bird that you can kill that drops the polymer also.  I can find them close to my house sometimes. They looks like geese? And drop 3-5 ish at a time.   I haven't found anything else to make yet with the polymer other than the ghille pieces, so I haven't really needed that much yet i guess. My snail does ok for me so far. I upped his food super high so i only have to fight off the giant bees once a week or so. That's good enough for me. LOL

Penguins drop it when you soon them.

You can buy one snake weed for 5 Amber at the store, it gives infinate seeds back as far as I can tell.

Plant them wait, it will give you a seed. But it only gives a seed off the one you just planted.

The flowers give one for each and that's it I think. So plant one get a seed back.

I'm not explaining it right.

Snake weed = infinate seeds. but only one at a time.

Throw a few packs of gnomes and your garden can be small with huge dust/rare flower yeild.

15 hours ago, Shuee said:

I don't have a dust garden, I'm fairly new, and play alone now on my own server, so some things are difficult for me to do unfortunately. I do know there is a bird that you can kill that drops the polymer also.  I can find them close to my house sometimes. They looks like geese? And drop 3-5 ish at a time.   I haven't found anything else to make yet with the polymer other than the ghille pieces, so I haven't really needed that much yet i guess. My snail does ok for me so far. I upped his food super high so i only have to fight off the giant bees once a week or so. That's good enough for me. LOL

This is Mobile forum.....if you have to fight of bees you are not on mobile. Welcome anyway.

8 hours ago, JB1980 said:

This is Mobile forum.....if you have to fight of bees you are not on mobile. Welcome anyway.

Missed That, Yea bees arent on mobile.

But I think they heard me, about executing them because Now they are keeping stacks of 10 at all times. Maybe it was the cage? Once i put them behind walls on wander both ways of course, it started working better.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:33 AM, gorefangs said:

Missed That, Yea bees arent on mobile.

But I think they heard me, about executing them because Now they are keeping stacks of 10 at all times. Maybe it was the cage? Once i put them behind walls on wander both ways of course, it started working better.

I think I may be able to help you.  After each server maintenance period they will each have 100 paste and 100 polymer inside their inventories.  The polymer degrades from that time, but they produce about 1 polymer per hour.  I harvest throughout the day because they produce the paste rapidly, but I make sure to harvest right before the daily server maintenance and right after.  Stack the organic polymer in one snail to keep it from degrading as fast after the server maintenance.  I find that 5 snails makes me enough paste to have for my tribe and to sell to the other tribes for good profit.  DO NOT SELL SNAILS OR VEGGIE CAKES!  If you have any other specific questions, let me know.

2 hours ago, docredduke10 said:

LOL, I will keep mine, they make tons of cementing paste for me and gives me steady source of virtual ARK income.  500 organic polymer a day is just  a bonus for me.  @Fukushu, you must not be on mobile.

On mobile Snails are the backbone of a tribe who can afford to wast time to go to the north for polymer and most places where i can find penguins are covered in turrets so imma stick with snails.

So I play single. Depending on my needs I may have 2-8 snails. They are weighed down with rocks and I keep them in a dedicated small animal room. They hang out with my dung beetle and otters. They are always stocked with organic polymer and paste. I’m thinking that they fill faster than multiplayer. I’ve never had any issues with them. I view them as one of those essential tames. Aint nobody got time for beaver dams or crafting cp. 

Archived