How to get Rex/Spinos/Drakes saddle BP?

Enforcer3

Rex saddles, best bet is easy water cave (blue, yellow & red) or swamp cave (red) on the island, I think they can drop in all loot crates in the extinction caves and medium/hard/legendary OSD's, they're also in normal red beacons but are very rare in those

Spino saddles I think are in the same cave drops on the island plus normal red drops, on extinction they're in the medium or harder OSD's, think you can also find them in some red drops in the aberration caves and surface drops

Drake saddles will only be on aberration in the caves and surface drops

Don't bother looking on Ragnarok as rex and spino are very rare, you might get one from a vanilla red drop and I've also heard of rex saddles in the red drops in the ice cave but have never seen one myself in 100's of runs, depending on what mounts and gear you have access to the best option is to keep running easy water or swamp cave, or at least that's where I've had most luck

2 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Rex saddles, best bet is easy water cave (blue, yellow & red) or swamp cave (red) on the island, I think they can drop in all loot crates in the extinction caves and medium/hard/legendary OSD's, they're also in normal red beacons but are very rare in those

Spino saddles I think are in the same cave drops on the island plus normal red drops, on extinction they're in the medium or harder OSD's, think you can also find them in some red drops in the aberration caves and surface drops

Don't bother looking on Ragnarok as rex and spino are very rare, you might get one from a vanilla red drop and I've also heard of rex saddles in the red drops in the ice cave but have never seen one myself in 100's of runs, depending on what mounts and gear you have access to the best option is to keep running easy water or swamp cave, or at least that's where I've had most luck

This sums it up.

You'll spend awhile getting your first then once you have it you'll find more :P 

I find the swamp cave best for most high end saddles. I like to run it, usually mostly for CP and just hit the drops mutiple times a day

If you need some imformation for other BP like an Allo saddle or riot gear, you can look it up on https://ark.gamepedia.com/Beacon for normal loot drops, https://ark.gamepedia.com/Loot_Crates for cave loot crates, including some exceptions and https://ark.gamepedia.com/Deep_Sea_Loot_Crates for deep sea loot crates.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:55 AM, RageQuitter said:

Which is the easy water cave?

On 2/18/2019 at 10:55 PM, RageQuitter said:

Thanks man, your info is useful! 

Will be moving to the island to farm those BPs

18 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

One on the west coast of the island, caverns of lost faith

I just found a Mastercraft Rex Saddle Blueprint in this cavern after the 4th or 5th try.

The saddle bp was actually in a yellow drop which I almost passed up since I thought they would only be in Reds.

I recommend taking a frog so you can hop around on land. That way you dont leave your dino in potentially dangerous waters.

The cave is super easy nothing really dangerous in there from my experience although things can spawn.

I was running the Swamp cave too, and did so several times, it takes a little while to go through everything (and get artifact too) and all I kept getting was trash blueprints from the drops in there. I was on a megatherium with like 8k health and it didn't loose much HP at all. I pretty much gave up on this cave. If you want to take the megatherium all the way back out you need a cryopod. Some parts you can shimmy through but I couldn't find a way to get him all the way back out.

I also sifted through many red orbital drops near carno island with no luck.

Archived