How to install ARK dev kit ?

covenantgrunt

So I am trying to follow the instructions from Wildcard Workshop Tutorial series by ZenRowe. I have downloaded and installed Epic Game launcher and made myself an account. According to the video tutorial you then go to the modding tab on the launcher and download the ARK dev kit.

But there is no modding tab, Epic Game Launcher today looks different from one presented in the video which was uploaded a year ago.

How do people install ARK dev kit in 2019 ?

• Volunteer Moderator
On 2/18/2019 at 5:52 AM, covenantgrunt said:

So I am trying to follow the instructions from Wildcard Workshop Tutorial series by ZenRowe. I have downloaded and installed Epic Game launcher and made myself an account. According to the video tutorial you then go to the modding tab on the launcher and download the ARK dev kit.

But there is no modding tab, Epic Game Launcher today looks different from one presented in the video which was uploaded a year ago.

How do people install ARK dev kit in 2019 ?

If you go in the store and scroll all the way down, you will see ARK Editor under the Mod Editors section.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Wildcard Community
On 9/2/2019 at 9:40 PM, ynotnoswad said:

I keep getting an error when I try to install through the epic launcher. It says to try again later. Been doing this for 3 weeks.

There was a distribution error preventing people from installing the kit. It has been resolved though.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 1:24 AM, HPusch said:

Hi,

there ist No ARK Dev Kit in Epic Launcher. I only found a dead link (https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...uct/ark/homean) but there is no button to download. On GitHub aren't any files, too.

Can you please help me?

Regards
Holger

Hey there. so you need to search for Ark Editor in the Epic Games store now since they've updated the layout of the launcher :) hope that helps! but be prepared for a 200+ gb download unless anyone else knows if there's a way to incorporate the files from the game that we already have downloaded?  I'm trying to get started with a mod i want to try to make and found this thread while hopping around trying to find that answer XD

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same question as above.  I found an old link online to the epic game shop. I purchased the Ark Editor for free yet; the Epics Game launcher looks like the pic above. I am unable to download the Ark Editor or the Devkit. I am unable to download it from the market place and the launcher no longer references Ark. If anyone can help and update the instructions on how to download and install the Editor/Devkit that would be great. Thanks! 

Sorry for the two posts. The first post gave me an error and stated something went wrong and I needed to Sign In/Link Steam account. once I did a second post was created.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

VERY IMPORTANT FOR NEW INSTALLATIONS:

DO NOT USE the link from the workshop tutorial for downloading the Epic Games Launcher - this will install the *ENTERPRISE* version which DOES NOT have the Epic Games Store in it.

Go to the Epic Games Store, and download the launcher from there.

If you have already had the Enterprise one, it may ask you if you want to Repair or Remove when you go to install it - choose Remove, or it will only repair the Enterprise version, and you'll be back to square one.

Once you have the right launcher installed, you can actually get all the bits. Unreal Engine has it's own section in this launcher too, where you go to install it. The Ark Dev Kit is available as "Ark Editor" from the store listings.

Hopefully somebody with the right access will update that rediculously out of date "tutorial" with something that doesn't give completely wrong stuff soon...

• 5 months later...

So i managed to find where to get it in the epic games store as while looking around on the website. 

This link will take you to the Epic Games Store where you can find the DevKit. It will be labeled as "Ark Editor" Sign Into your EG account and click "Get"

If you want to do this through the Epic Games Launcher then you can do what about im about to tell you instead.

Go into the Store of the EG Launcher and search for "Ark Editor" when you click on it it will bring up the entire ark page of DLC's and the main game. Scroll down until you see the "ARK Modkit" after finding it, buy it. Its free dont worry :)

a little side note the download is about 220GB so im trying to see if copying and putting my main game into the folder it created would speed this up. my internet is not the fastest and i dont want to have to download 220GB if i dont have too. Ill update this again if it works. hope this helped and enjoy

Archived