Cant find therizinosaurus anywhere!

Dhruvlol

when i started playing ark for the first time they were literally EVERYWHERE trying to kill my dinos and i had to build a stone walled fortress to prevent it but now when i wanna tame one they are nowhere to be found in the southern islets except in the northern areas where they are surrounded by dangerous dinos.. I want a pet chicken ? can anyone suggest me a solution? I m in the island SP if that helps

52 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Dino spawns get messed up on SP, or they used to when I played ages ago so no idea if they ever fixed it, just do a dino wipe every so often to refresh them

They spawn more or less everywhere on the island though apart from mountains, swamp, redwoods, snow and herbivore island

Found one lvl 21 far from home and knocked it out.. But now i have another problem.. theres an alpha raptor lvl 1 on my way back.. can my tickle bird take him on? 

To get your next Theriz, get a strong mount (possibly a flier able to grab a theri too if u can get a low quetz)

Go to 50,50. Kill up and down the volcano side about 3 renders each way from 5050. Loads of theri spawns there (and alphas) you can build a good drop trap on the cliffs or a ramp trap uptop anywhete, run the theri into a tame box (make sure its arleast 3 high, 4 ideal!!)

Do this for a bit and youll get a good level one. Dont forget to get atleast a low lvl mating pair if youe having bad luck, use the eggs for a Basil for easy water ventures

In terms of the Alpha raptor, a high level Carno could easily kill it. Just do the Obi Wan tactic and find some high ground. When approaching the Alpha raptor, just do the head bash. With the knockback you can kill it without getting hit. But you have to find the perfect rhythm. So you might get hit some times, but if you have good HP and Stam, it would be an easy kill.

5 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

In terms of the Alpha raptor, a high level Carno could easily kill it. Just do the Obi Wan tactic ....

"WHY?! YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!! ;( ;("

I never really addressed the raptor in my post, alpha raptors are really easy for most as stated. Your only problem would be other carnivours coming in with the alpha buff boost. Alpha Carnos are a bit more tricky, youd want a higher theriz @ Op

Get a decent Trike if all else. Use that to tame a low level bear and your problems will be over, they're pretty tough.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I used a cliff with my lvl 31 pteranodon-rocket to occasionally barrel roll and shoot my rifle from the cliff and when it started to escape with his tail behind his legs (like, literally) I did 2 barrel rolls and finished him off with the last roll. I have never felt so proud of my lazy ass pteranodon before so I let him have all the prime meat since I nearly starved him with my stimberry spam.. Later on I lead Freddy the tickle chicken to my house and surrounded my house with some stone and some metal walls followed by a dino wipe command and surprisingly 3 bronto  2 allosaur and 1 Rex spawned shortly after just near the trap that I made near my base.. I m just glad tho that I  built those walls before the dino wipe

1 hour ago, avensis said:

Hi, when you have a tamed therizinosaurus, in its toolbar there are marked "view harvesting levels" in orange and when you click on it it goes to another menu where as a kind of level, you can improve "delicate harvesting" or "power harvesting", but what is it?

When you level up Delicate Harvesting (using the tickle), it buffs the amount of Fiber you get from bushes.

When you level up Power Harvesting (using the hand swipes), it buffs the amount of Meat/hide/wood you get. While using the bite, with more power, you'll get more berries.

1 hour ago, avensis said:

Hi, when you have a tamed therizinosaurus, in its toolbar there are marked "view harvesting levels" in orange and when you click on it it goes to another menu where as a kind of level, you can improve "delicate harvesting" or "power harvesting", but what is it?

delicate-more hide chitin polymer and fiber i think and power is resources from corpse like meat and hide  and wood but i think if u need more hide and chitin from corpse u go for delicate so i guess if i have 6 pts i would put 3-5 on delicate and 1-3 on power.. i m not sure but maybe power affects raw prime meat as well? 

Hello,

I tamed all my Therizinosaurus on ragnarok however if you want one high level on the Island. Do it like this.

Therizinosaurus is part of jungle spawn group it is a large group. Not all dinos in the group spawn at the same time. Some dinos need to be removed together with the Therizinosaur for another theriz to spawn. These subgroups are not entirely clear to me but for sure diplodocus trike iguanodon, chalicotherium and Therizinosaurus. If you find a alpha raptor together with this sub group this means one creature is high level possible also wirh on freak high stats. Other dinos that can stop Therizinosaurus from spawning is the three Allosaourus carno and maybe even stegos. 

Kite a high level away from dangers and then tame.

Good luck qnd hopefully i didn't forget a dino.  

Yes it takes 15min between subgroups to spawn. So go out of render saveworld and go back. I like the area between vulcano and obsidian mountain, it's a large open area. But my game crash there so i can not hunt there but the south is also good you need a smaller flyer there Argent is a good choise level Melee only.

Good luck again

/Ari

Archived