screen freezes and need to restart computer (fixed with DDU)

raro007

like the titel says my screen freezes and i am forced to restart the computer to play again, and it started after the latest patch .103

it hapens after 5 minit 30 minits also 1 hour some times.

also it did hapen 1 time when i was at server selecting screen.

there was no driver or software update after i patched .103 and since i did get those crashes i update my drivers and with no luck.

i checked filles with steam and that didnt solfe it also.

so what can i do else to fix this?

If you have to hard restart your computer, it's either your GPU not recovering, such as from a driver crash from the ARK program, overclocking the GPU, or the card is dying (hopefully not), or not in the slot properly; one of these can do it. Or you have a problem with overclocking your CPU, such as overclocking the cache, or the main overclock is really unstable. Typically anything else will show a blue screen of death on Windows. Even overclocking your RAM will result typically in a BSOD. The reason the GPU, because it displays what you see. CPU because if that stops and BSOD can't even run, then it will freeze lock.

Try reseating your graphics card if you know how. If you don't know how, I would suggest researching on YouTube for how. Ask here if not sure. Thermal dynamics can cause some motherboards that are cheaply made to allow wiggle on the PCI-Express slot and the graphics card, which can cause some weird issues. Reseating it fixes this typically.

But you said it was after the latest patch. Typically the game will freeze up and then you can just kill it with task manager on Windows. Being unable to do that is a big concern for you.

You could try a previous graphics driver. DDU would be a good idea to use. Also, try validating the game files using steam.

3 hours ago, Sphere said:

If you have to hard restart your computer, it's either your GPU not recovering, such as from a driver crash from the ARK program, overclocking the GPU, or the card is dying (hopefully not), or not in the slot properly; one of these can do it. Or you have a problem with overclocking your CPU, such as overclocking the cache, or the main overclock is really unstable. Typically anything else will show a blue screen of death on Windows. Even overclocking your RAM will result typically in a BSOD. The reason the GPU, because it displays what you see. CPU because if that stops and BSOD can't even run, then it will freeze lock.

Try reseating your graphics card if you know how. If you don't know how, I would suggest researching on YouTube for how. Ask here if not sure. Thermal dynamics can cause some motherboards that are cheaply made to allow wiggle on the PCI-Express slot and the graphics card, which can cause some weird issues. Reseating it fixes this typically.

But you said it was after the latest patch. Typically the game will freeze up and then you can just kill it with task manager on Windows. Being unable to do that is a big concern for you.

You could try a previous graphics driver. DDU would be a good idea to use. Also, try validating the game files using steam.

i validated my files and like always (did it 2 months ago) it says 4 where missing and needed to redownload..thosent make sence 

i do notic sometimes after i restart computer after a freez i get a warning that whatman i think gpu overclocking tool had to reset..

but i dont overclock my pc so idk why it says "whatman reset it self( something in that line) -_-

so ill reset drivers maybe something

ill tray to reset drivers like you said

14 minutes ago, Brogar said:

The issue is Ark. I have the same issue. I have rolled back video drivers, checked the files hell different video card. I have over 2200 hours and the support is terrible. LOTS of other people are having this issue.

you got this problem after 103 or long time ago?

Just the past couple weeks for me. I just validated my files this morning said i was missing 2. This was after doing the same last night. After the validation finished I ran it again and it seemed to stop at a 100% so I ran it a third time it passed. I just tried to play and only lasted 1 minute till the game crashed. I do like the game but this is getting stupid.

And I thought WoW programmers were bad.....

Ive been getting the freeze issue as well - it started in the last couple of weeks. My PC isnt clocked in any way.

Revalidating doesnt solve it for me either. 

I might look at rolling back the gpu driver and if that fails I'll try a fresh game install.

It makes every meat run to Redwood or flight around the island exciting in a bad way.

It only seems to happen on the island though. Ive never crashed on Abb or Extinction.

Game crashes about once every 24 hours or so of gameplay for me, there are times that it freezes while it seems map data is downloading or textures (or animations?) loading or something (like going from forest biome to wasteland on extinction). And other times while just running around my base, and usually it continues just fine. However when it does crash/lockup usually it is a gpu error (lost dx reference), and rarely a complete hardware lock - which is probably the gpu freezing the display, and requing a system reboot.
My computer build is quite old tho, about 5yrs, but is i7, and upgraded gfx to titanxp last year. So far I've been lucky enough that it hasn't crashed while in battle, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
Reality check tho, there is not much of a chance to get these kinds of stability issues fixed, due to the overwhelming variety and of pc components in use today. 
Just comes down to do you enjoy the game enough to tolerate these, for me, yes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • raro007 changed the title to screen freezes and need to restart computer (fixed with DDU)

Archived