Game crashes when joining a specific server?

Kazt

Often I try to join my server on Extinction that's got a lot of mods. When I try to join it loads the mods fine but then when it is about to get in the game it crashes to desktop. This only occurs when attempting to join this specific session. My friends are smoothly able to connect at will but I cannot. Here's a couple options I know for a fact aren't the root of the problem:

-BattleEye problem: My server has battleeye and I'm playing with battleeye enabled.
-Mod amount: My friends join fine and I can join other servers with more and less mods.
-Mod/Game Version Mismatch: My mods and game are all up to date with their latest versions.

I have also validated my game files multiple times and messed with server stuff to try to fix as well. If anyone has a fix I am happy to hear it.

• 6 months later...

This may not be relevent to your situation because of being PC and with mods but I had an issue with crashing upon loading a specific extinction server on xbox official. I was on the server for maybe 5 minutes and crashed while flying, then couldnt get back in. Tried loading into the server like 50 times and just kept crashing. Tried using a different xbox and same result. I noticed that I could hear the game noises start before the crash even though the screen was black still. So I tried loading in while spamming B to access my inventory and that allowed me to not crash for once. Not sure why this helped but it did for me.

Archived