Official Servers

DomiDarko

So, after about 6.5k hours on unofficial (my own private server) I tried official for the last 2 weeks (last time I played on official was about 6 months after the game came out in EA) and now I understand why nobody wants to play there. The ping/lag is suuuuper annoying, 1x is more than a p.i.t.a and there are sooooo many buttholes killing you without any reason - even if you're in cloth armor and riding low level cratures. After my experience I guess official will die pretty soon because all the servers "belong" to the mega-tribes or are just effd up with thousands of pillars/foundations.

I don't get it why the mega-tribe-policy is a thing. Isn't it just boring to don't have any challenge and just kill new guys aka beach-bobs who joined the server a short amount of time ago? o.O I'll go back to my unofficial and setting up another cluster instead of getting back to those stupid nazi-ruled-servers called official

Official will always have a draw to players because its the "official" rates of ARK, they wont die unless WC shuts down their servers. I forsee WC making some new official servers with modified settings though. 

Im also an unofficial player these days, it was the lag that bugged me the most with official. First 5 minutes on an unofficial server after playing officials for 2000 hours was amazing. Trade off being the less population of course, which is a huge deal for some. I got some pretty cool guys I play with though ;) 

13 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

So, after about 6.5k hours on unofficial (my own private server) I tried official for the last 2 weeks (last time I played on official was about 6 months after the game came out in EA) and now I understand why nobody wants to play there. The ping/lag is suuuuper annoying, 1x is more than a p.i.t.a and there are sooooo many buttholes killing you without any reason - even if you're in cloth armor and riding low level cratures. After my experience I guess official will die pretty soon because all the servers "belong" to the mega-tribes or are just effd up with thousands of pillars/foundations.

I don't get it why the mega-tribe-policy is a thing. Isn't it just boring to don't have any challenge and just kill new guys aka beach-bobs who joined the server a short amount of time ago? o.O I'll go back to my unofficial and setting up another cluster instead of getting back to those stupid nazi-ruled-servers called official

Megatribes do not care about beach bobs. They are busy fighting each other.

Archived