What are Your Best Memories in Ark, and What does Ark Mean to You?

LadyCrescent

Mine's got to be when I tamed my second and third pteranodons. my first ptera was like a lvl 30 wild, so I never used it, but my second and third were both 135's, and holy **** was that fun. Unfourtunately, I lost the first one to the creatures in the castle (ragnorak), and I lost my second after finding the wyvern trench. ?

Started on SE and had to be when a local bigger tribe gifted me a moth. They'd seen my struggles to tame one as the local predators kept eating them while unconscious and took pity on me. 

Suddenly the map opened up and the game changed entirely. I could travel and explore in a much safer way and roam further than I'd ever dared before with my little scorpion train. 

And then the same again when I negotiated my way into my first wyvern. Suddenly our tribe had the power to go places and do things we'd never dared before as we had my wyvern sat next to us. Our server had only one other tribe with wyverns at this point and they were still fairly rare tames. It was fun to be able to arrive in dramatic fashion and help people out (PVE). 

Lost its magic once every tribe had 40+ wyverns 

I do miss the early days. 

I'm still on legacy. When SE was still new, before the flyer nerf, a player who I barely knew gifted me a high lvl fire wyvern egg, after I had been looking for a high lvl one for days - everyone was farming the scar and it was hard to find any good eggs at all. I believe the egg was 175 or 180.

I still use this fire wyvern as my main mount. It has no special stats or looks, but it has survived for a very long time now even though I use it for almost everything. 

when I tamed my first ptera I became so happy I went over to annoy that giga that had killed us all. I returned we all tamed one then went and annoyed that thing. a few of us got kocky and went to hit it. we lost our tame but got better ones. for hours we tormented that thing while dying all the while. ahhhhhhh the times were you get to cocky

I remember scorched earth so well. we kept dying and perishing until we finally got a morellotops. real bad*** it killed three carnos level ten although to be fair it was max level and mejo tame. when we got our first wyvern just above 100 I went back to get more eggs. I crashed and even now you can see charizard protecting its master waiting for him  to come home. hehehe good old times. me and my friend spent hours in god mode trying to tame this impossible raptor with clubs we got it our and learnt it could not be tamed. I was so infuriated I killed it with my bare firsts.

To the OP, I'm sorry about your kitty - I'm a huge animal person and I know how awful it is to lose them. As it is, I recently became owned by a little one-eyed tabby who now runs my world. She was an orphan that I had to bottle-raise and she had major health problems. A virus that she had cost her one eye - but you'd never know it by the way she flies around our house. She often sits on my shoulders now while I Ark - she's fascinated by the moving Dinos on the screen.

I'd have to say my favorite memories from Ark are my first ones. My husband bought the game for me on a whim because he thought I'd enjoy it - because... Dinos. He couldn't have known how much I would enjoy it - lol. I still remember living in a little thatch hut on the foot paw, not far from where I spawned, with my dodo and my "Dino puppy" (lystro). I was always afraid to wander too far because of the dilos - I died so many times to those spitting bastards. I think my greatest day in Ark was when I took on a pack of three of them and killed them all with my spear. It was then that I felt like a real survivor. Once I tamed a ptera, the whole world opened up for me and I progressed rapidly from there. Even though I now play on multiple maps, and have a huge base on the Island map (not far away on the weather top), whenever I pass by the big tree on the beach that I lived under in my little thatch hut, I get nostalgic and remember how far I've come.

To the OP, sorry for the loss of your special kitty.

I love so many things about this game, but by far the best memories seem to come from doing things with tribe mates. We're a small tribe of 4-5 people alone on a private non-official PVE server running Ragnarok. 

One of my fav memories... taming our first Giga. Then having fun posing for pictures and goofing around as we starved it a bit... only to freak out when we realized how far its torpidity dropped while we were taking snap shots of us in its mouth. We almost became lunch after a nice Giga nap. :)

Giga_Tame_02.jpg

Giga_Tame_01.jpg

hehehe that looks so funny. we too done that but suffered a worse fate. we knocked out a 150 giga on our unofficial sever. we teebaged it stood in its month and done so may other things when all of a sudden he woke up an killed me while everyone else scattered. we later knocked it out and tamed it we called it the indogiga. bty this was not our first giga probably just the funniest one.

our first giga tame was a level 100. my friend was holding me on an argent when he let go, I grappled him and hung on but he flew to close on I back that things last meal as a wild creature. he is still picking my bones out of his teeth.

• 8 months later...

Best memory, was the entire early game, trying to figure everything out while being creative in ways to die, lol. Slowly working my way up and doing things that beach bob me never thought was possible, was so rewarding, fun, and nostalgic. 

As for what Ark means to me? Well I'm a enormous dinosaur nut, i have been since i was in diapers, and this is probably the only way I'll ever have a dino as a pet and companion(aside from birds, but you get my drift)

I fondly remember one my tribes expeditions to a random hostile server. We were a small of only 5 players and we joined this server to do some raiding and in the process succeeded in making the server to go into lockdown. Our first few raids went off pretty easily, the owners that were online battled us but didn't say anything in global chat. However when we hit our 4th base they must have been allied to the server's alpha tribe because within minutes there was an army of wyverns, quetzals and even a Giga rocked up that had rocked up to stop us 5 guys on foot.

Upon seeing this we decided to make a run for the trees ,and  having no dinos of our own this was our only real option. Luckily we were playing on The Island and being a good well designed map that it is, it had plenty of jungle especially in the south of the map. I still remember fondly darting around through the jungle on my Raider char (very high move speed) as their wyverns would randomly shoot fire through the trees and Pteradons would barrel roll past.  One of their Pteras got stuck in a tree after a barrel roll, allowing one of us to bola it and kill it. After about a few minutes of of solid evasion we finally lost them completely but it was a great thrill those few minutes while they lasted.

We then regrouped and went and decided to raid their water pen. It had some very juicy high level tames in there. Knowing that upon the first kill msg they would be there within seconds as it was very close to their base we decided we would get all the tames low on health as we could and then kill them all at once. So that's what we did and managed to knock them all off within seconds of each other. Sure enough not more then a few seconds after we had run back into the jungle there was several Wyverns circling their water pen.

Archived