Great Work Ark Devs

CadieStarfire

Now that I've gotten over the enraging situation of losing my original single player file and have calmed down I want to say THANK YOU!!! so much for adding Spinosaurus TLC. Its so much fun to run around on. While the Dodo isn't my most favorite creature on the island due to them being so sadly inaccurate to the real Dodo, I have had a lot of fun breeding it to massive size. Dodos really weren't that stupid and were actually known to have been rather aggressive. The sailors that landed on Mauritius reported that they had numerous tussles with the dodos. I cried when I read the dossier on the dodo. By giving the Ark Dodos the old wives tale stereotyping of the dodo it was HUGE disservice to an incredible animal that, had man not brought pigs to Mauritius we might still have around today. I would like to see wild Dodos be given a short-tempered temperament, they won't attack unless provoked. In any case, I have had a lot of fun playing with the Dodos and I'd love to see Dilos, Dimetrodons and Archaeopteryx be breedable for larger size and riding ability. I'm always seeing Megalodons breaching out of the water (not sure if that's on purpose or a glitch) and every time I do I wish my tamed Megalodons could do that. If we got more fun TLC stuff like this, I'd be okay with not seeing any new animals on Ark Mobile.

I still wish there was a Saddle Stand in the game, even if the display of the saddle was a shrunken down one. 

I'd also really love it if the God Console had the ability to remove the blue/brown tinting and the haziness of the water and make it as clear as the surface is. I found a gorgeous Megalodon, but i can't enjoy it true colors because the blue tinting alters the colors on it.

There's a mod for the PC version that scans the map and will show the player what animals are on the map and where their general location is. I would love to see a Dino Radar engram added in that would do this, maybe as an attachment for the GPS.

I've also been thinking about the Royal Griffin and how its difficult to tame because they take Griffin Kibble, as do the unicorn. But griffins don't drop eggs, you have to breed them to get eggs. Then I thought, hey there isn't any Giganotosaurus Kibble. Gigas are very rare in the game, they kill with one chomp so snatching the eggs freely won't be easy and taming them takes a lot of skill too. The recipe could be something like Giga Egg, Frog Legs/Neura Husk, Mejoberries, Fiber, Honey and water. It would be a challenging and exotic kibble to acquire, perfect for taming a creature of Royalty. 

5 hours ago, CadieStarfire said:

I've also been thinking about the Royal Griffin and how its difficult to tame because they take Griffin Kibble, as do the unicorn. But griffins don't drop eggs, you have to breed them to get eggs. Then I thought, hey there isn't any Giganotosaurus Kibble. Gigas are very rare in the game, they kill with one chomp so snatching the eggs freely won't be easy and taming them takes a lot of skill too. The recipe could be something like Giga Egg, Frog Legs/Neura Husk, Mejoberries, Fiber, Honey and water. It would be a challenging and exotic kibble to acquire, perfect for taming a creature of Royalty

Totally agree with that

Archived