LowLevelFatalError - Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost.

D3d Device being lost + Loading a texture out of memory

Hello friends, im here to desperatly try any solution to my problems.

I have a pretty "decent" computer to play games, which includes ark. My configs are

I7

16gb of Ram

RTX 2070

M2 Nvme SSD Drive

However, as times goes by, i keep receiving crashes from ark to a point which i cant visit specific regions of the map.  (specially you, volcanic area in Genesis)

Sometimes i get the D3d device being lost error and sometimes the cant load a texutre, out of memory. I have been monitoring my temperature and CPU, GPU, memory usage and nothing is acting wrong there. I barely touch 50% of memory usage and temps are never higher than 60ºC

I have wwindows updated, drivers updated, tried rollbacking the drivers to an older version, repaired ark files, tried -nohitthread, tried setting a different page file size, tried lowering the graphics (although i was at a good 60 fps wihtout any problem), tried setting a bigget TDRDelay and NOTHING, NOTHING works. Those errors are driving me nuts, i lost so many dinos to crashes that im almost giving up.

Also, i runned a 3d benchmark tool on the pc and it run smoothly for a long period without any crashes or issues, so i believe its not a hardware problem (also, pc is not 1 yr older)

Anyone struggling with this or has any advice?

Thanks a lot

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just Ark. People have tried for years to figure it out to no fix or response from WC. Poorly made, poorly optimized, poorly managed, poor support, no Q&A, weeks if not months on ticket support, DLC recieve minimal testing at best, patches none. People who know Unreal Engine 4 inside & out can't even make sense of it. Wildcard has become a meme of how not to run a game. Point being don't expect a fix.

• 3 months later...

This has been an ongoing issue for 4+ years according the sheer number of search results and STILL none of the devs have addressed  the    "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')"

In before self proclaimed experts point me to the launch options, settings, yada yada yada....been there done that for God knows how long.

Am I to believe there is not a single dev, programmer, coder, nerd, anywhere, that has the faintest clue how to read a dump file and understand what it says, even though every single dump file points to:

SYMBOL_NAME:  shootergame!opus_repacketizer_init+6356a5

MODULE_NAME: ShooterGame

IMAGE_NAME:  ShooterGame.exe

STACK_COMMAND:  ~53s ; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  APPLICATION_FAULT_1_ShooterGame.exe!opus_repacketizer_init

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {efb5faf9-f92a-a2df-41ae-b8c235d6d0fd}

I've reported this on the PC Bug Forum, though I know that's not what it is, over the course of the entire month of August, then gave up when i realized the devs got their money and couldn't care less that the game wasn't running for someone, seeing as though no one responded.

It's patently insane, that the  "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')" has been around for as long as this game has existed and no one has done a damn thing.

But hey, keep pumping content without fixing 4 year old discrepancies. 

10 hours ago, FlagrantVagrant said:

This has been an ongoing issue for 4+ years according the sheer number of search results and STILL none of the devs have addressed  the    "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')"

In before self proclaimed experts point me to the launch options, settings, yada yada yada....been there done that for God knows how long.

Am I to believe there is not a single dev, programmer, coder, nerd, anywhere, that has the faintest clue how to read a dump file and understand what it says, even though every single dump file points to:

SYMBOL_NAME:  shootergame!opus_repacketizer_init+6356a5

MODULE_NAME: ShooterGame

IMAGE_NAME:  ShooterGame.exe

STACK_COMMAND:  ~53s ; .ecxr ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  APPLICATION_FAULT_1_ShooterGame.exe!opus_repacketizer_init

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {efb5faf9-f92a-a2df-41ae-b8c235d6d0fd}

I've reported this on the PC Bug Forum, though I know that's not what it is, over the course of the entire month of August, then gave up when i realized the devs got their money and couldn't care less that the game wasn't running for someone, seeing as though no one responded.

It's patently insane, that the  "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')" has been around for as long as this game has existed and no one has done a damn thing.

But hey, keep pumping content without fixing 4 year old discrepancies. 

Is this the 4 year old issue that affects lots of games built on Unreal Engine? Games like Dead by Daylight PUBG, Valorant Tekken 7 and Ark?

Have you asked Epic Games what they are doing to fix it?

2 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Is this the 4 year old issue that affects lots of games built on Unreal Engine? Games like Dead by Daylight PUBG, Valorant Tekken 7 and Ark?

Have you asked Epic Games what they are doing to fix it?

That's the problem, DEVs do not respond to anything.  I don't think Epic is going to do anything because Ark is built on an older version, so the onus is on Ark devs, which is obvious they have no intention of addressing it.  It's ridiculous for something  like this to go on this long and the DEVs don't have the balls to actually acknowledge it, while they take everyone's money.

As a matter of fact, ARK Devs should pay me since I spent more time trying to troubleshoot the issue than they have:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/pc-bug-reports/latest-build-crashesunplayable-r41378/&tab=comments#comment-91715

Edited by FlagrantVagrant