RedLanes

How do new players survive in a pvp server?

My tribe got wiped on official and split up so I decided to play solo on ragnarok. I managed to get a stone raft with 4 plant x in a day and decided to log off, thinking that I would be safe from raiders. However, the next day my raft was destroyed. I built up 4x4 stone base on land with 7 plant x but it got offline raided within a few hours. How do I progress and prevent raiders from taking my loot?

Edited by RedLanes
  • Like 1

Don't build anything permanent to start off with, focus on levelling up and have a few small crafting huts just for smelting metal and making gear etc, stash anything you can't afford to lose either in hidden/underwater boxes, purlovia etc, make spare forges, smithys & fabbys and have them stashed so if you log on and find your huts have been wiped you can quickly get going again, try not to have fires or forges running at night but have a separate hut say 2x2 full of forges running all the time just for charcoal away from your main crafting hut, if it gets wiped no big deal, keep tames to a minimum, phiomia, few dodos for kibble then get a ptera and use that to get an argent, cheap berry gatherer, anky & doed

Always stash your gear somewhere safe before you log off, have sleeping bags close it then go elsewhere and log off naked, keep any tames hidden in dense trees while your offline and surround them with spike walls, it's not perfect but if you throw walls or gates up as a pen they'll be easily spotted and a good chance of being killed anyway

If you want a base then it's best to prefab everything first and stash it until you have enough turrets & bullets to make it a bit of a nuisance to raid, personally I don't bother if I'm playing solo PvP, it's too much of a grind and there's no way you can defend it successfully, I just concentrate on making weapons and ammo and playing guerrilla style 

• Like 1

The posts above me contain some good tips, but to be honest, it is very, very hard to start out in the regular official servers on your own if you are new to the game. Its also hard if you are experienced, your only chances are to hide all the time, or to join a big tribe. You cant expect to follow the natural progression line of this game on the regular official pvp servers. I always suggest to learn the basics in singleplayer, watch videos, then either start on pve or join one of the official pvp cross ark clusters. Those clusters offer special game modes (i can just recommend the one with offline raid protection), and there is just one of each map you can transfer to. The community is usually more friendly as the whole thing is not as anonymous as on the regular official pvp servers.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:53 AM, RedLanes said:

How do I progress and prevent raiders from taking my loot?

ARK has some of the most brutal PvP of any game, the fact that you actually have your stuff (and time) destroyed makes it much harder to make progress than in most games. If you're going to continue playing PvP you need to get used to that idea.

If you want to make progress you have 3 basic choices:

1) Solo = punishing. Understand that as a solo you're going to get wrecked a lot, that's just how it works. At every level of progress there will be someone on your server who looks at your stuff and thinks, "I"ll bet he has something valuable in there, and I have just the right tames and equipment to break in and take it." Either some 3/4 man tribe will look at you as an easy source of supplies, and even if you figure out how to make your base stronger and safer, eventually the stronger tribes will look at you and decide they want to attack you either for supplies or to knock you back for their own safety.

2) Find a new tribe. ARK is fundamentally designed around tribe play, especially in PvP. It can be hard to find people to join with, because tribes are always worried that someone is going to join them and then sabotage them from the inside. But if you're good at meeting people and are a good judge of character, you can find people to join up with, which will let you make more progress and learn things from each other.

3) Spend some time playing Single-player or PvE. ARK is a deep game, there is a lot to learn to become good at it, and it's hard to learn how to become good while you're constantly repairing your wrecked base and retaming the same animals every time they get killed. If you play PvE, you should still look for people to join up with, it's so much easier to learn the game and to improve your skills when you have tribe mates to learn from.

This game has the potential go give you a few years of fun, or a few weeks of frustration followed by rage quitting. Don't make the assumption that you can learn, succeed and conquer as a new player trying to learn the game solo, it won't work out.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:53 PM, RedLanes said:

My tribe got wiped on official and split up so I decided to play solo on ragnarok. I managed to get a stone raft with 4 plant x in a day and decided to log off, thinking that I would be safe from raiders. However, the next day my raft was destroyed. I built up 4x4 stone base on land with 7 plant x but it got offline raided within a few hours. How do I progress and prevent raiders from taking my loot?

You don't.  Games pointless wc just caters for big tribes. Either join a load of douche bags or get wiped everyday .the real kicker is that it's probs more fun to play solo and rebuild everyday than it is to be in a tribe full of random Mexicans and little kids