The island base.

Grandta

So I've played PVP, PVE and not just want to relax on Single player and just do my own thing and whatnot.

Since I have the whole map to myself, I can build anywhere. But I don't know where to build. I'm thinking maybe near the middle of the map so I have equal distance to almost everything. 

Anyone got any advice?

I have two good base locations, i really enjoy.

First lat 50, lon 16.6 on the small ledge with the lonely tree. You can build a beautiful base up there with a greenhouse around the tree and you have mmuch room for building. And you are also very close to most of the advanced resources. You have the snow biome with oil and crystals, you have pearls in shallow water. You have the volcano with obsidian and metal. Basically everything you need.

My second base location lat 25, lon 73, on the beach. You have plenty of room and a beautiful sunset. You have the hidden lake with beaver dams and CP, you have a mountain with crystal, metal, obsidian and rexes, which sometimes come to the beach, so its the harder building spot. But as soon as you got everything under control, you have a great base spot.

These are the two base locations i would recommend. 

Map= The Island

34 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Play Center or Rag. Island is for beginners and it sounds as though youve played enough to move onto other maps. Rag is definitely more of a challenge with other biomes like the desert :)

Yeah probably a smart move, especially with higher level dinos.  I play with only a few things increased. 

I might try Rag, any good base spots recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 1:31 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

I have two good base locations, i really enjoy.

First lat 50, lon 16.6 on the small ledge with the lonely tree. You can build a beautiful base up there with a greenhouse around the tree and you have mmuch room for building. And you are also very close to most of the advanced resources. You have the snow biome with oil and crystals, you have pearls in shallow water. You have the volcano with obsidian and metal. Basically everything you need.

My second base location lat 25, lon 73, on the beach. You have plenty of room and a beautiful sunset. You have the hidden lake with beaver dams and CP, you have a mountain with crystal, metal, obsidian and rexes, which sometimes come to the beach, so its the harder building spot. But as soon as you got everything under control, you have a great base spot.

These are the two base locations i would recommend. 

Map= The Island

This is very curious, these are exactly the two spots were I build my bases before. Those are great places indeed.

Now for me, it became very clear the importance to have an all-rounded zoo. So being close to the "sea water" on The Island was key for me to have all pets around. As far as the "cannon" maps go, The Island is still the one place that is easier to keep all animals in (hands down for Ragnarok though, it has pretty much all resources for feeding creatures, like sulfur).

Have fun, I love the "Sandbox experience" mode, no troubles, all creation and dedication. I like it.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, Grandta said:

So I've played PVP, PVE and not just want to relax on Single player and just do my own thing and whatnot.

Since I have the whole map to myself, I can build anywhere. But I don't know where to build. I'm thinking maybe near the middle of the map so I have equal distance to almost everything. 

Anyone got any advice?

Hello,

You have all resources close to snow cave on the island just chitin and black pearls are few. Plus it's nice starter cave, nice crates in the cave,  blue and yellow(player level 40) give you saddles, longneck and red crates gives you ascendant level stuff. Red is player level 55. You can run the cave with no stuff and just respawn when you die in the DINO killing water. Try only to die in the water. So tame a pteranodon and make stego saddle and on your way you are. Once at the cave place 8 beds with a pillar door so you can start running fast after respawn. Open beds is jummy for wild dinos i mean. You can also place beds inside a foundation.  Lower foundation and cover it up.

Cave entrance is also good for hatching eggs minus degrees at even level all day, just place standing torches but you need to be playing in pvp mode. 

Snow area for sure since Ark is so dark.

Good luck /ari

For the island im gona go with the pro gamer and my fav base location, the cliff face overlooking the bay on the footpaw.  Bays perfect for all ur aquatic tames, swamps r nearby for prime, xplant, flowers and shrooms, redwood nearby for honey and sap, theres crystal and metal across river on mtn peak(Rather short distance), the easiest cave is relatively close by for more crystal and metal plus oodles of chitin,  the bay has oil, river has salmon, its scenic, mostly flat, multiple blue-yellow drops nearby, only thing u hv to travel for is obsidian and theres ways to work around that.  Im not talking about weathertop(The big rocky plain nearby ovr looking a shallow inlet), my spot is east of that next to the river.  Also the spot is relatively safe, mostly just a couple dilos.

Archived