Questions regarding updates

SuperSaiyanBeezlebufo

Hi, I’m just wondering whether if new creatures will spawn on preexisting single player games. For example, if in the future the yutyrannus is added, will it show up in a single player world that was created before the update? I’m asking this cuz it seems like new creatures never spawn in into preexisting single player saves. If there are any answers, that will be appreciated.

The way I have dealt with new creatures being introduced is to first go to the spawn map. Find out what spawn group it’s in and find out the closest spots. Some spawns will be better the others. From there kill everything in its spawn group over and over until one spawns in. 

I’ll use otters as an example. They were one creature that were introduced while playing my single player game. They are in a fish spawn group. I live in the northern redwoods. I cruised around the river north of the redwoods until I found a pool just before you hit the swamp. It was full of coel and salmon.  From there I killed every fish in that pool over and over again until an otter spawned in. Rinse and repeat until you find one that’s the level you need. 

Archived