Access to the Trading Forum

TOBI1234

Hey Survivors,

i think the restriction to the Trading Forum is not the best solution because some players have much experience in ARK but not much activity in Forum as example me:

i have a few thousend hours in ARK and only have a Forum Account to open tickets to report bugs and something other strange thinks to the GM´s.

Now i need "much interactions" in the Forum because i want access to the trading area and write some in the topics useful or not useful.

What is if the Forum Account is linked with the steam Account. On this way the Hours in Ark can be tracked and you can be sure the players have much experience in Ark for the access in the Trading Forum.

Thanks for reading and if you have the same opinion write it down.

4 minutes ago, TOBI1234 said:

What is if the Forum Account is linked with the steam Account. On this way the Hours in Ark can be tracked and you can be sure the players have much experience in Ark for the access in the Trading Forum.

might aswell add a trader reputation rank linked to the steam account this way misbehavior could lead to someone thinking twice about it before trying to trick people in the trades and just needing to setup a new forum account after getting a bad trader rating.

4 hours ago, TOBI1234 said:

Hey Survivors,

i think the restriction to the Trading Forum is not the best solution because some players have much experience in ARK but not much activity in Forum as example me:

i have a few thousend hours in ARK and only have a Forum Account to open tickets to report bugs and something other strange thinks to the GM´s.

Now i need "much interactions" in the Forum because i want access to the trading area and write some in the topics useful or not useful.

Thanks for reading and if you have the same opinion write it down.

4 hours ago, 480BurnZ said:

might aswell add a trader reputation rank linked to the steam account this way misbehavior could lead to someone thinking twice about it before trying to trick people in the trades and just needing to setup a new forum account after getting a bad trader rating.

All you have to do is make 10 posts... if you dont bother to be active on forums why should you reap the benefits?

5 minutes ago, d1nk said:

All you have to do is make 10 posts... if you dont bother to be active on forums why should you reap the benefits?

As I understand it, it can be much more and it's random so you don't know how many posts are needed. I can well understand the frustration of not knowing. I disagree with you about having to be active on the forums to trade - if one wants to trade, they might want to be very active there without being interested in discussing everyday topics on the forums. Especially if they happen to get online during one of the waves where most posts are complaints and/or toxic :/ 

8 minutes ago, d1nk said:

The whole point in the restriction is to make it safer to trade so we dont have Bobs with random accounts scamming people, thus the trader reputation function. 

Who cares about their feelings, its there to make it safe.

I can understand your first argument... that would be enough without being a condescending jerk, you should've stopped at your first sentence.

That first argument is obviously not communicated clearly enough and this is an improvement that could be made so that people actually enjoy their time on this forum and maybe dilute the toxic waste that from time to time makes this forum uninhabitable.

It does make sense - obviously a high priority of the trading forum must be to care for the safety of those trading. However, I'm curious to know whether it makes a difference if people can't post for a day or two? Although it would probably minimise the "spontaneous" scammers. Do you reckon they're the majority?

1 hour ago, Zahlea said:

I can understand your first argument... that would be enough without being a condescending jerk, you should've stopped at your first sentence.

That first argument is obviously not communicated clearly enough and this is an improvement that could be made so that people actually enjoy their time on this forum and maybe dilute the toxic waste that from time to time makes this forum uninhabitable.

It does make sense - obviously a high priority of the trading forum must be to care for the safety of those trading. However, I'm curious to know whether it makes a difference if people can't post for a day or two? Although it would probably minimise the "spontaneous" scammers. Do you reckon they're the majority?

If it was changed to no restriction I bet it would be the majority. I think if they had to work for a few days to get access (like currently) it will discourage the guy who just wants to quickly scam someone. (As you said) 

You're right about your first bit, I was a jerk. I dont agree with changing it, personally. Ive been around here awhile (obviously) and the amount of people who join just to use the trade forums is huge. I can see there being a big problem if its changed. Just in the last 2 weeks theres been atleast 5 topics about accessing the trade forum. I think the original intention was also to try and promote more activity on the forums via this option.

I see nothing wrong with making people work a bit for something. It's been my biggest pet peeve for a while, if you can't tell by my slight trolling of similar topics. I just get irked when people expect something for doing nothing. 

i mean only they should find another better way for have the trading area save. be active in the forum is not the right way. Most peopel include me want use the forum only for report thinks to the GM´s and want use the Trading Area. Now i need write down some poop in the forum to access the Trading Area.

i mean only they need other mechanic for the verification of trusted users. Be active in the Forum is a piece of poop. sry but i need this words

• Chris locked this topic

Archived