Valentines= no imprinting.

SLI_Fallen

I got a Nanny Imprinting Event on atm, and the Nanny from S+ is able to get that 100%. I think it can bypass the bad mechanics behind ARK logic. If that does not work, I am available for #support on my own cluster.

This is about the best you can do for folks who want 100%. The other option is to try testing suggested imprinting rates.

6 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

My Unofficial has these settings:

Last I tried, I get full imprints, and babies that become adults in less than a day. Both of these configs should be changed if one changes, in order to get 100% imprinting

However, there’s no way you can get full imprints on every creature with that mature speed AND the event running at the same time because it multiplies your mature speed by 3. I have the same mature speed so had to reduce the interval multiplier even further.

2 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

However, there’s no way you can get full imprints on every creature with that mature speed AND the event running at the same time because it multiplies your mature speed by 3. I have the same mature speed so had to reduce the interval multiplier even further.

And to further complicate the matter I use singleplayer settings on the server as well. So there already is breeding boosts going on from that. The valentines event just put that on steroids.  I wonder if Wildcards thinking cost/benefit (like they usually do) Sure will give you faster breeding times with this event but there is a catch, no imprinting. (without tweaks on unofficial) Might just have to take advantage of the egg layers and keep the eggs until the event is over, then hatch them. No go on the mammals tho. 

I'll try that .025 and see if I can get any improvement there.

Thanks (all)!

43 minutes ago, SLI_Fallen said:

And to further complicate the matter I use singleplayer settings on the server as well. So there already is breeding boosts going on from that. The valentines event just put that on steroids.  I wonder if Wildcards thinking cost/benefit (like they usually do) Sure will give you faster breeding times with this event but there is a catch, no imprinting. (without tweaks on unofficial) Might just have to take advantage of the egg layers and keep the eggs until the event is over, then hatch them. No go on the mammals tho. 

I'll try that .025 and see if I can get any improvement there.

Thanks (all)!

Just devide your current imprint interval by 3.

tried to imprint after dropping the interval. It does not appear change the cuddle times of maturations in progress. But it HAS changed new babies being born. (That .025 changed it to every 2 minutes at 7% imprint each  lol. Got it at .2 now (original was .9 as with singleplayer settings some animals like Sarcos would mature before imprinting. Setting to .9 fixed that before so I could go .3 as you say and it should still work. Thanks again! 

2 hours ago, SLI_Fallen said:

tried to imprint after dropping the interval. It does not appear change the cuddle times of maturations in progress. But it HAS changed new babies being born. (That .025 changed it to every 2 minutes at 7% imprint each  lol. Got it at .2 now (original was .9 as with singleplayer settings some animals like Sarcos would mature before imprinting. Setting to .9 fixed that before so I could go .3 as you say and it should still work. Thanks again! 

You are correct, it isnt retroactive. Same applies to lots of breeding settings 

Happy Breeding :) 

On 2/14/2019 at 5:35 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

However, there’s no way you can get full imprints on every creature with that mature speed AND the event running at the same time because it multiplies your mature speed by 3

Oh? Does the event override my custom config settings? That doesnt sound right.

I want pretty dino colors I do not want boosted maturation overriding existing configs.

I prefer the xmas colors anyways. I havent had my server running during this event so I wouldn't know if the event overrides or not.

I was just trying to help out with posting my settings as-is.

11 minutes ago, GreenRoc said:

Oh? Does the event override my custom config settings? That doesnt sound right.

I want pretty dino colors I do not want boosted maturation overriding existing configs.

I prefer the xmas colors anyways. I havent had my server running during this event so I wouldn't know if the event overrides or not.

I was just trying to help out with posting my settings as-is.

Unlike last year, the Vday event will override your settings. If you want the colours, just run the event, wild dino wipe, then turn the event off again.

Archived