Does anyone enjoy the Valentines candy?

Melcreif

8 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Not back in the legacy days it didn't.  And if it does despawn and there isn't 2x this weekend then isn't 2x actually better?

Thats when im talking, they did because we used to collect em. Had a bunch and they all expired after the event o.O

Edit: This was a long time ago, from memory I think that, now im second guessing myself. If you have proof feel free to share and ill put my foot in my mouth :) 

17 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thats when im talking, they did because we used to collect em. Had a bunch and they all expired after the event o.O

Edit: This was a long time ago, from memory I think that, now im second guessing myself. If you have proof feel free to share and ill put my foot in my mouth :) 

Ha no proof would be tough just memory.  I remember because I traded a bunch of behemoth gates to one of the Alpha tribes on my server for a box so I could go tame a theri.  This was after the event had ended but these guys still have a ton of them.  They do have a spoil timer too so I'm banking on the idea that they won't despawn.  If they do what have I lost exactly? Like I mentioned I don't see a benefit at 40% when 2x taming is 50%.

No.  Not participating.  Don't really like it but glad for those people who do.  Glad there is a Val event.  I did collect colored dinos.  My beef isn't with the event itself more that Ark takes up to much in real life time.  Plus rubberbanding on servers kinda makes everything you do feel pointless.  And the titans on pve annoy me.  I have two at my base now.  Don't tell me setting your pets to passive helps.  I know from personal experience this isn't true.  On pve.  I lost over half my pets in one tail swipe because someone else, not me, agro'd a titan next to my base.  So yeah seems no point in breeding anything atm. 

Patch notes said 40%, but having used them I'm getting 50%, at least with theris - and to me that's worth it - always looking for better theri stats for the boss team and taming in 1/2 the time with 1/2 the kibble's worth it on theris - means that I'll take a chance on good bonus stat rolls midweek where I might have left the dino otherwise.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:15 AM, d1nk said:

Well good news is WC confirmed that not only will the chocolates not expire after the event, but that the candies won't expire either :-).  We ended up with 8 chocolates that we plan on using next weekend when it's 2x, so not bad at all!

2 hours ago, Melcreif said:

Well good news is WC confirmed that not only will the chocolates not expire after the event, but that the candies won't expire either :-).  We ended up with 8 chocolates that we plan on using next weekend when it's 2x, so not bad at all!

Awesome! I actually saw my christmas candies last night and was going to post here (since they should be expired) to cprrect myself, you beat me to it :) 

This is great news

Archived