Does anyone enjoy the Valentines candy?

Melcreif

Havent had a chance to get one yet but if they are anything like the christmas candies then they add a speed boost to your dino for that 24 hours too which makes it kind of fun to use on like owls.  Diving is faster if not than its just the pretty colors and still fun to see what the different color schemes they produce for 24 hours.

3 minutes ago, RenobandStit said:

Havent had a chance to get one yet but if they are anything like the christmas candies then they add a speed boost to your dino for that 24 hours too which makes it kind of fun to use on like owls.  Diving is faster if not than its just the pretty colors and still fun to see what the different color schemes they produce for 24 hours.

Ok yeah I did get an ascendant candy which gives you 15% boost. I suppose it could be great for going after Wyvern eggs.

1 hour ago, KrackenOne said:

What does the chocolate do?  I've not seen any drops at all.  Only part I really like is the 3x maturation. 

I believe they fully heal any dino (and maybe a player if eaten, not sure) OR if you feed it to a taming dino it puts it instantly at 40% (I could be wrong, I havent gotten one in years)

I'd like the candy a lot better if the color change was choosable and maybe with the highest level candy permanent instead of just a few hours (losing the speed bonus is fine given the drop rate for the candy seems to be much higher than the far more useful chocolates (which, by the way, once picked up should have a much longer spoil time >_> ). Then again maybe it's lucky the color change isn't permanent..I used one on my favorite ptero the other day and he went from a lovely blue-green to a nightmarish pastel pink that made it look like he'd been assaulted by a deranged easter bunny >_>

Used a couple of boxes of chocolates on therizin tames last night - instant 50% taming progress - nice when it's otherwise a 3 hour tame with kibble on 1x - keeping the other 2 boxes 'till the weekend when I hope to be able to use them on high level yutis (mutton tame, so will help effectiveness to get the instand 50% - kibble for yutis is too much like hard work)

1 hour ago, margifish said:

I'd like the candy a lot better if the color change was choosable and maybe with the highest level candy permanent instead of just a few hours (losing the speed bonus is fine given the drop rate for the candy seems to be much higher than the far more useful chocolates (which, by the way, once picked up should have a much longer spoil time >_> ). Then again maybe it's lucky the color change isn't permanent..I used one on my favorite ptero the other day and he went from a lovely blue-green to a nightmarish pastel pink that made it look like he'd been assaulted by a deranged easter bunny >_>

FYI the chocolates can be put in a fridge and then your spoil time is like 24 days...

55 minutes ago, FeyGriffin said:

Used a couple of boxes of chocolates on therizin tames last night - instant 50% taming progress - nice when it's otherwise a 3 hour tame with kibble on 1x - keeping the other 2 boxes 'till the weekend when I hope to be able to use them on high level yutis (mutton tame, so will help effectiveness to get the instand 50% - kibble for yutis is too much like hard work)

I don't think we will have 2x this weekend because of the valentines event.  My advice is stick those chocolates in the fridge and use them next weekend.

9 minutes ago, FeyGriffin said:

Last year they despawned at the end of the event - and 2x has been announced for this weekend....

Are you sure? I know in years past they'd last the full expiration, would suck if they de-spawned after the weekend. 

Also where did you see it's going to be 2x as well this weekend? I haven't seen that listed on the Community Crunch where they normally post it.

Hmm... thought I'd seen it on the crunch, but not there, so either it was elsewhere or I'm mistaken (always possible - a bit sleep deprived with all the breeding ? ). Certain that chocolates have expired in the past, but not sure if it was last year or an earlier event... Remember having a bunch in a fridge vanish in the past. I'll dig around & look for the event post again.

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

Are you sure? I know in years past they'd last the full expiration, would suck if they de-spawned after the weekend. 

Also where did you see it's going to be 2x as well this weekend? I haven't seen that listed on the Community Crunch where they normally post it.

Chocolates have always despawned after the event was over

26 minutes ago, FeyGriffin said:

Hmm... thought I'd seen it on the crunch, but not there, so either it was elsewhere or I'm mistaken (always possible - a bit sleep deprived with all the breeding ? ). Certain that chocolates have expired in the past, but not sure if it was last year or an earlier event... Remember having a bunch in a fridge vanish in the past. I'll dig around & look for the event post again.

Because if you think about it, Chocolates on 2x = amazing!  Chocolates on 1x with only 40% tamed = who really cares?

4 minutes ago, kusty974 said:

Hi,

I'm curious about one thing : did someone tried to breed a dinos that have eaten a candy ? does the baby have chances to keep the changed colors or boosted stat ?

With the Christmas candies I saw a statement saying the temporary colours don't carry over when breeding. I would assume these candies are the same, but I haven't tried it.

Archived