Equus not taming

attackparrot101

I have a level 120 male Equus at my base in a taming pen.  I have carrots in my zero slot and I hop on and feed it a carrot when it is jumping around.  It shakes its head and the heart things appear and then it starts to run back and forth.  But the orange taming bar doesn't appear and in the top middle under the name it still says feed carrot to tame.  But I know that if I feed it a carrot when it is not jumping it will kick me off, so I don't.  So I have been feeding it carrots when it is jumping for about 5 minutes but it still doesn't start taming.  Is this a bug?  Or is it something I'm doing wrong?

I've caught two, and a unicorn in mine.

Your pen, has to be almost out of rendering range of your base.

No other tames or wild animals can be near the pen.

A ghillie suit is mandatory.

Remove any bear or large traps etc in the pit.

Once it's in the pen move away for a few mins cuz it will be all angry and untamable after being dropped.

I used dilo kibble and carrots, never did the mount tame.

I had this problem last night. Woke up and tames it. It was because I left the quetz next to pen.

If you have it in a taming pen that is one square wide and made of door frames, walk one square away from it, leave the game and go back in, it'll be calmed down, turn to face it, if you have to, approach it slowly until you get the prompt for passive taming. I've passive tamed ALL of my Equus using this method and it's so much better than riding it and getting dizzy and disoriented. If it freaks out, then just leave the game and go back in, you won't lose any taming progress, but it'll calm back down and you can resume passive taming it. If people want, I can post pictures of my Equus taming pens so people can see how I corral up, pen in and tame them up. 

Also, use Dilo Kibble, not Rockarrots. 

I couldnt do the riding method, you get thrown off beffore you even figure out how to play the mini game, or can read any prompts. It would help if there was some kind of built in tutorial, or a pop up or something.

Jump on,

[okay horse is thrashing what do i do, carrots in hotbar it says feed..] Oh im already thrown off.. DILO.. Try again okay...

[jump on spam carrot on horse, Crap its feeding me not the...] And im thrown off again...

[Shoots horse with rocket launcher] It had a lame leg. Someone call the Elmers people..

[Gets new horse, Taming balm and dilo kibble] I win.

Archived