Anky taming Help

Obelawe

5 minutes ago, Obelawe said:

yes but over what % for level 150 should i keep what should i not keep?

Oh, sorry I'm not sure of exact figures. I just tame what I can find and keep the best ones. I've only ever found 1, 150 Anky and I think that's the one i left out while i took my argi back to unload and it got killed ?

17 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

I would advise not worrying too much about pre-tame stats as you could get lucky and get a super good one post-tame, especially if you don't already have some good ones.  Best Idea is to tame every 130+ anky you see and then breed the best ones together.

Indeed. If you are looking to get a breeding line yourself, tame every 130+ available.

On the standard maps, Melee above 350 should be kept and Weight above 450. Abberation Ankys tend to have higher Melee from what I have found but then you can only tame them on that map.

There are plenty of good Anky stats out there for trading - just ask on your server.

Not sure exactly what percentages to look for to be honest but it also depends on what type of farming you are doing.  If you are able to use a Quetzel then you don't have to worry about weight as much on the anky since you are able to use the birds weight for farming.  In that case we primarily level up melee.  I believe we had our ankys up to around 700 melee or so before.  Probably overkill there.  Honestly I feel there is probably a point where it doesn't make much difference as long as you can one hit the purer metal nodes.  If you are using an argy and an anky to farm then I would recommend a lot more weight capacity in the anky.  Not sure if this helps.

41 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Indeed. If you are looking to get a breeding line yourself, tame every 130+ available.

On the standard maps, Melee above 350 should be kept and Weight above 450. Abberation Ankys tend to have higher Melee from what I have found but then you can only tame them on that map.

There are plenty of good Anky stats out there for trading - just ask on your server.

so any anky that is 350 damage and above and 450 and above is good from wild tame i just dont want to waist kibble on junk tame 

You are going to waste kibble, that's just the way it goes.  I have downed many dinos with stats that looked incredible, only for them to stand up with most of the post tame levels going into food and oxygen.  You just have to tame every one you find and hope for a lottery roll in the stats.  Then you start breeding them.  Or, you can take all of the time you would spend taming and breeding an anky and farm ingots instead.  Then buy yourself a super anky from someone.

The only imprtant stat for an Anky would be weight. You can also level up melee, if you want to farm faster, but i would always level up weight. Not only for Ankys but for every Farming dino like the Doedic or the Thorny Dragon . I have a 100% imprinted Thorny Dragon with 4k weight after i found some explorer notes and fought some stuff. But i have pretty high rates in terms of stats and imprinting bonus.

But in terms of breeding, i just tame everything with a high level until i have a male and a female (sometimes i find a creature with cool colors and tame it too), then i just breed for the best stats. I dont look after that. If it has a high level, i tame it and, maybe breed it.

You can use dododex to find the wild levels distributed to each stat pre-tame then only tame those with 30 levels in the stat you are looking for. That's if you have a limited kibble supply. If your kibble supply is a bit more robust then I'd tame anything 145+ and pick and choose your stats from that.

RNG (random number generator) is the deciding factor here.

When I started my Argy line, I tamed an Argy with 680 weight and it rolled to 800 weight after tame. Down the line I dropped with 704 weight, and it stood up with only 784 weight. 

Never know how it's going to roll. 

10 hours ago, Anarki said:

I think "every 130" might be a little much. At least DROP (tranq) every 130+ and check pre-tame stats like it sounds you're already doing. If you haven't heard of the ARK Smart Breeder tool/app you should definitely try to get into it. It can have a learning curve but I assure you it's easier than you'll make it. When you check pre-tame stats, you want ASB (or dododex or w.e tool you use to get wild levels), you should be aiming for a pre-tame of 26+ levels in whatever your target stat is if you genuinely want good stat-lines and breeders. When I plug in 26 points to ASB's stat tester, a wild anky should have more than 230% to be "worth" taming and rolling the dice.

To your other point, Aberrant dinos have 4% less health yet deal 6% more damage.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

You can use dododex to find the wild levels distributed to each stat pre-tame then only tame those with 30 levels in the stat you are looking for. That's if you have a limited kibble supply. If your kibble supply is a bit more robust then I'd tame anything 145+ and pick and choose your stats from that.

RNG (random number generator) is the deciding factor here.

When I started my Argy line, I tamed an Argy with 680 weight and it rolled to 800 weight after tame. Down the line I dropped with 704 weight, and it stood up with only 784 weight. 

Never know how it's going to roll. 

U tamede an argie with 680 weight before tame?

Archived