Reaper King vs Broodmother & Megapithecus

Blindboy1990

1 minute ago, DarthaNyan said:

you have to realize that the server that YTer playing on has 3x multiplier for imprinting, so they get 60% multiplier to HP, melee and speed instead of 20%.

Yeah I realize they have multipliers so it wouldn't be quite as easy as that, but even 2/3 with a yuty with official stats, I assume would take down Gamma's. I've not played Aberration myself yet. was curious if it was actually still a thing.

@Viperscopic I've yet to defeat the Alpha mother with Megatherium's or Theriz. What level are your Raptors?

2 minutes ago, Viperscopic said:

i hate to admit it... I have killed no bosses yet.. im stubborn and wanna do them all on pvp official

Well let us know when you've used Raptors to achieve that then ?

I've only done it on my own server, but only gather and breeding rates are boosted, no change from official stat values.

1 minute ago, Viperscopic said:

reapers are saddle-less and best HP I seens is 80k so far, that means DMAGE is quite low so all in all i'd say official servers... myth busted :(

reapers have a natural damage reduction unless exposed to charge light. That damage reduction is about as strong as 100 armor saddle.

I think this depends on the overall DPS requirements of the dinos in order to down the bosses.  My ridden, 100% imprinted Reaper does just shy of 700 damage a hit, unridden probably around 500  (listed damage is 690%)?  You then need to compare that to a Rex and how much damage it can deal, if the Reapers do more damage than a Rex, then it could make a suitable replacement if you play on servers with fast breeding rates.  The biggest benefit of the reaper is their 80% damage reduction, which combined with a Yuty makes them potent killers.  However they are bulky and it may be hard to fit 19 of them on the platform, let alone around the boss.  This is something I want to try one day if I find a good server to test it on.

18 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

The biggest benefit of the reaper is their 80% damage reduction, which combined with a Yuty makes them potent killers.However they are bulky and it may be hard to fit 19 of them on the platform, let alone around the boss.  This is something I want to try one day if I find a good server to test it on.

Thats the whole point though. with 80% reduction against these bosses you dont need 19 of them. My cluster is currently only Extinction and Island, but I'm thinking Aberration may have to be the next map I add/ Swap in. Interesting concept i think anyway.

I think for an official server, this really isnt viable. It would take too long to get the number of imprinted Reaper Kings. You can raise a Rex army within 5 days, a Yuty within 8 days and you are set to do the bosses on Alpha. 

Why would you waste the time and effort when you use that time to explore the server/map, make friends, tame other dinos and have fun?

I can see this being viable  if you had a large tribe that could all get pregnant from the same 150 reaper  they have really awesome damage reduction an if you can get lucky with few great stats could be possible we use ours as bullet soakers at but we may try this but then again when getting pregnant by the same reaper the stats can be different  in each by so dunno xD

A couple vids later he did use 12 of them to do both alpha's, probably should have watched on first .. the alpha broodmother done up to 65k damage to some of them (i know they have extra rates and stats). As i said never played aberration, but interested me as a concept and wondered if there was any other Dinos from DLCs which would be viable.

Made for an interesting conversation at least ?

Archived