3x breeding killed my giga...

Texmechs

Thank you ARK for 3x breeding, 2 days before Valentine's day.  I'm sure you posted and tweeted about it, but we were too busy working for a living to read up on it.  Our bad....

Two nights ago, we laid down our 245 melee egg for the 2 day, 2 hour incubation period, which should have popped in about 2 hours from now.  Surprise!  3x incubation = dead giga.  Doesn't matter what it cost or how it went, it's gone.  Love the 3x breeding, love the event, we just got bit thinking it wouldn't start until the 14th.  It's not your fault, it's ours.  Still hurts.  Still sucks. 

I'm sure we're not the only ones, and it probably happened to a lot of people.   The story behind how that Giga egg came to us is long and sordid and filled with grief, but seemed a triumph once it finally came.  Now?  Just one more heartache from a game we love.  RIP Giga.  Just about RIP Ark.  /2cents.

What’s really funny is that these morons are actually spending weeks raising a virtual non-aerial dinosaur just so it can be undermapped in a day :D 

Probably a cancerous alpha triber who has 200 friends and infinite protection while raiding the noobs who can’t even raise an argy without being wiped. Either that or pvE..but seeing as how i’m a cynic, it’s probably the former.

5 hours ago, Texmechs said:

Thank you ARK for 3x breeding, 2 days before Valentine's day.  I'm sure you posted and tweeted about it, but we were too busy working for a living to read up on it.  Our bad....

Two nights ago, we laid down our 245 melee egg for the 2 day, 2 hour incubation period, which should have popped in about 2 hours from now.  Surprise!  3x incubation = dead giga.  Doesn't matter what it cost or how it went, it's gone.  Love the 3x breeding, love the event, we just got bit thinking it wouldn't start until the 14th.  It's not your fault, it's ours.  Still hurts.  Still sucks. 

I'm sure we're not the only ones, and it probably happened to a lot of people.   The story behind how that Giga egg came to us is long and sordid and filled with grief, but seemed a triumph once it finally came.  Now?  Just one more heartache from a game we love.  RIP Giga.  Just about RIP Ark.  /2cents.

Ohhh my God. Let's cancel the event and harm thousands of players ... because our friend here lost a giga of 245 melee.  :-((

Stop crying and get another egg. Enjoy the event.

you should ALWAYS cryo on a server restart. Always. I just like you didn't and lost 3 375 giga babies. Not anybodys fault but my own because I didn't cryo or put the the right food amount/kibble on my babies. I sucked it up and went and got 3 more eggs. You can find eggs on your server, in the trading forums, and facebook they are everywhere. Good luck!

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

You killed your giga by leaving it out before a known maturation event.. dont blame WC for your mistake xD

I didn't blame WC. 

8 hours ago, MackTheKnife said:

What’s really funny is that these morons are actually spending weeks raising a virtual non-aerial dinosaur just so it can be undermapped in a day :D 

Probably a cancerous alpha triber who has 200 friends and infinite protection while raiding the noobs who can’t even raise an argy without being wiped. Either that or pvE..but seeing as how i’m a cynic, it’s probably the former.

It's PvE, and if you went around calling people morons in real life, one of them would eventually punch you in the face for being a jerk.  You'd learn to treat others with just a tad bit more respect.

2 hours ago, mecandbuttons said:

you should ALWAYS cryo on a server restart. Always. I just like you didn't and lost 3 375 giga babies. Not anybodys fault but my own because I didn't cryo or put the the right food amount/kibble on my babies. I sucked it up and went and got 3 more eggs. You can find eggs on your server, in the trading forums, and facebook they are everywhere. Good luck!

You are absolutely correct, and we will get another egg.  Sadly, not a lot of cross-server trading on Crossplay servers, but it's been a while since I looked.

There is a certain amount of frustration playing this game that we all tolerate, and that's undeniable.  It is the laggiest game we've ever loved, and while I was disappointed when I started this thread, it was lament more than regret for the time and creature lost.  

1 hour ago, Texmechs said:

I didn't blame WC. 

It's PvE, and if you went around calling people morons in real life, one of them would eventually punch you in the face for being a jerk.  You'd learn to treat others with just a tad bit more respect.

You are absolutely correct, and we will get another egg.  Sadly, not a lot of cross-server trading on Crossplay servers, but it's been a while since I looked.

There is a certain amount of frustration playing this game that we all tolerate, and that's undeniable.  It is the laggiest game we've ever loved, and while I was disappointed when I started this thread, it was lament more than regret for the time and creature lost.  

Fair enough mate. I do feel for your loss, im not just a senseless troll! Even if you arent blaming WC you are blaming others than yourself. You will get back on the horse. Get another giga egg and take revenge on the situation and get that baby 100% 

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Fair enough mate. I do feel for your loss, im not just a senseless troll! Even if you arent blaming WC you are blaming others than yourself. You will get back on the horse. Get another giga egg and take revenge on the situation and get that baby 100% 

Actually reread his thread.  His comments were: It's not your fault, it's ours.  Still hurts.  Still sucks. 

7 hours ago, Texmechs said:

I didn't blame WC. 

Lol, I can say whatever i want to whomever i want. They may punch me in the face, but that’s why i carry two punch daggers strapped under my wrists..It’s a cruel world :/ 

On 2/12/2019 at 8:41 PM, Texmechs said:

RIP Giga. 

I'm sorry to hear. As far as my awareness of an incubation 3x, is rare, super rare, I dont even expect it anymore. I dont blame you for that. I blame the lack of advanced warning for an incubation increase, which incubation 3x hasn't happened since their Extra Life Fund Raiser.  Also, the start time has always been inconsistent, sometimes being a day or two off of when I expected it.

I lost a purple giga after spending 16 hours straight force feeding it. It died in Juvenile stage. Was a gift from a friend who no longer played, so that egg was irreplaceable. This was before Cryopods. I never tried raising them again until Extra Life Fund Raiser. Haven't raised a giga since... but I probably can now, because of Cryopods.

A 2 day egg takes me over a week or more to get fully incubated, due to my lack of trust of the stability of my egg lying there while I am in within render. This is why I need another game running, because two real life days spent staring at an egg is not entertaining. I have lost eggs, got babies stuck in floors, just from not being there in-game near the egg. It's an annoying tedious task imo. I'm pure PvE player.

Sorry for the lost baby :( I'm a solo PVE player so I've accepted the fact that the top tier dinos like Gigas and quetzals will forever be out of my reach  (as it was I was beyond lucky to be given what I call my 'welfare rex' from a high level player simply for agreeing to reduce my dodo flock which had, admittedly, grown far too large  (what can I say? They're adorable and I love the stupid things >_> ). That said he's awesome and I wish I had the means or courage to somehow get a female to breed him with (alas I'm a coward with little skill in going after the scary dinos to tame lol )

But the increased incubation did bite me in the behind in another way, and my situation is arguably far more my fault because I knew and was taking advantage of the faster rates. My method is usually when I'm planning on raising some babies I'll save up the eggs, pile them up on the floor of the hatchery in a big pile, and incubate them until they're almost ready to pop, and then I'll pick them all up to hatch one at a time at my leisure.

Well, I was distracted farming some stone along the beach to expand my hatchery building (I'd raised a trike a few days before and found out the hard way that my ceiling was too low to get one out as an adult without destroying part of said ceiling >_> ) I'd left a pile of dodo eggs incubating with the intention of coming back in time to stop the incubation so I could pick and choose which eggs to actually hatch.

As I got closer to the hatchery....

*Hears a chorus of trilling sounds*

Me: What the heck is that noise? *realizes it's the sound of baby dodos* Oh *censored*!  *runs into hatchery to see army of unclaimed dodo hatchlings meandering about the feet of my juvenile pteros. The next three minutes are spent in frantic , expletive-laden scrambling to try to get to the ones with colors/mutations I wanted to keep to claim them before they starved. Somehow I only lost one, and that was because I couldn't get to it in time*

But alas...purely my fault for having the attention span of a gnat and forgetting the reduced hatch time lol 

Archived