shaotim

Constant Whistling

This fix dies not work as there is no options for these settings to change in this Input.ini file. I even renamed the original file so it would create a new one on load and still no option for these settings and the whistle is constant when I touch either thumbstick. 

Please help us fix this as I own the Xbox crossplay version, and travel for work with my gaming PC. I cannot play like this and am hopeful WILDCARD can help us with this! 

Crap! I just got it to work!

In game, I swapped the mapping for the All Follow Me and All Stay Put whistles. Follow to U. Stay to J. Applied then saved. This added all the 'ActionMappings' mentioned in the "fix" post. Swapped the ActionMappings=(ActionName="CallLandOne line to

ActionMappings=(ActionName="CallLandOne",Key=K,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=True,bCmd=False)

Saved the ini and went back to ARK. Fully Quit the game, reloaded and no whistles. Woot!

Haven't tried swapping the whistle keys back, kinda scared to. But I hope it helps

Edited by Vashtyphoon77
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Vashtyphoon77 said:

Crap! I just got it to work!

In game, I swapped the mapping for the All Follow Me and All Stay Put whistles. Follow to U. Stay to J. Applied then saved. This added all the 'ActionMappings' mentioned in the "fix" post. Swapped the ActionMappings=(ActionName="CallLandOne line to

ActionMappings=(ActionName="CallLandOne",Key=K,bShift=False,bCtrl=False,bAlt=True,bCmd=False)

Saved the ini and went back to ARK. Fully Quit the game, reloaded and no whistles. Woot!

Haven't tried swapping the whistle keys back, kinda scared to. But I hope it helps

This is the FIX right here. Apparently you have to change key mapping to create the text in the input file. I can now play without the constant whistling! Thank you tremendously Vash!

• Like 1

Guys... Im having a hard time understanding studio wildcard... I came back from a long Ark break. I have 120 days worth of game time in it and played on launch...

How the hell does this whistle problem still exist after it was discovered. How has no one at Wildcard posted in here a solution that doesnt involve me putting in code or settings change. I just need this game to work like it should? How is this not a criminal offense? We remember Fallout 76... What the hell is going on and how does Studio Wildcard still have somewhat of a clean nose after this and clipping under the map and flying doggy dragons with ice breath and how the hell are they still in business?

Win10: Whistle Bug when using a controller

Hello,

I installed the Win10 version of the game today. My character whistles whenever I'm using my xbox one controller and is close to a dino. The dino can be tamed or wild. This is happening on an official crossplay server. The issue does not happen when using a K/mo.  It really makes the game unplayable as i use a controller. . The fix stated by Cedric does not work as the line of code that needs to be changed in the .ini is not there. If i add the "fixed line" to the file nothing changes in game, the bug is still there. 

Any help with this would be great. Thank you 

6ouclUk.png

Windows 10 - Xbox GamePad Infinite Whistling Bug

I've played Ark: Survival Evolved for a while on the Xbox platform and decided to download it on PC for Windows 10. I bought a wireless adapter for my Xbox One controller and hopped right into my friend's PC dedicated server. 

I noticed immediately that whenever a dinosaur came into sight, my character would incessantly whistle until I couldn't see a dinosaur. I noticed too that it only happens with the game pad functionality. Keyboard works fine. I also noticed that the forwards and backwards movement at first was unresponsive, and I actually had to edit the .ini control file to restore the movement axis. I don't think that has to do with the whistling, but I think only the studio developers would know.

Whatever I can do to fix the bug, let me know so I can remedy this. The game runs so much better on PC and I would love to continue playing this game, whistles and all.

Whistling seems to activate while a dino is within sight and when the a button, or the left stick and right is moved diagonally. Hope this helps. I'll upload a video to demonstrate as well.

There is a manual fix or "work-around" in a previous larger thread.  @Cedric had said before the Christmas break that an official patch/fix was ready but it's certification was going to be delayed due to the holidays.  Since we are well past the holidays it's either VERY delayed or was never actually a thing.  Or just plain forgotten I suppose.